Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.26.2015, 03:49 PM   #6421
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2015, 03:50 PM   #6422
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
haaaaa haaaa haaaaa haaaaaa

must spread rep etc
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2015, 03:56 PM   #6423
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Meanwhile, if we're not trying to kill german football with our money, we're trying it with bombs

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...nexploded-bomb
Old 02.28.2015, 08:37 PM   #6424
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
today dortmund beat schalke 3-0 in a superexciting game!!!

unfortunately i witnessed what looked like a choppy slide show of something that resembled pictures of a game

but damn!

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img...j_1296x729.jpg
Old 03.01.2015, 08:25 PM   #6425
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

Please tell me they didn't wear those for the duration of the match!
Old 03.01.2015, 11:20 PM   #6426
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ha ha ha. i think (i read) aubameyang pulled out the batman mask after he scored (@78' at long last). that photo is post-match.

i really hope to see them do well on the return leg vs juve. i mean, if juve must win, fine, but i really want dortmund to be a menace again.
Old 03.02.2015, 12:43 PM   #6427
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I wonder what the odds are now on dortmund qualifying for the Champions League? 8 points off with (I think) 11 games to go. Be an incredible turnaround if they did it.
Old 03.02.2015, 01:16 PM   #6428
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I wonder what the odds are now on dortmund qualifying for the Champions League? 8 points off with (I think) 11 games to go. Be an incredible turnaround if they did it.

bayern and wolfsburg are too far gone ahead, and some people like wolfsburg to win the europa league so keep an eye on them as the new german sensation maybe? they beat munich 4-1 recently so they're a serious team. i don't think they'll give up their spot.

however 3rd and 4th place are currently 12 & 8 points ahead respectively. so conceivably yes (even 3rd place). add to it the fact that 5th place schalke seems to be struggling at the moment, and it's... maybe possible.

monchengladbach & leverkusen will fight hard for their spots though. leverkusen just beat atlético madrid 1-0 (i haven't had a chance to watch the recording yet). i haven't paid much attention to monchengladbach, but even without any proper stars (hazard's little brother on loan from chelsea! lol) they're a solid team. so dortmund can get to 5th place but for 3rd or 4th we'll see who blinks first.
Old 03.02.2015, 04:10 PM   #6429
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Over here a few pundits are desperate for Klopp to come to the Prem. They want him to do well in the rest of this season, to re-establish himself on the scene, but not too well that he feels he has more to do where he is. Any word on his position at Dortmund?
Old 03.02.2015, 04:43 PM   #6430
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Marcelo Bielsa on West ham Shortlist

OMFG! Please please please let this happen. Please! I wouldn't even care if we got relegated under the fucker. This would be an absolute dream come true for me.

More related stuff coming out the woodwork

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/...lace-allardyc/

Fucking hell. I'm hyperventilating!

Other names on the shortlist:

Moyes: Wouldn't say no but a bit too safe
Laudrup: Excellent appointment but nowhere near as exciting as Bielsa
Bilic: Big fan favourite but no idea how he'd do in the Prem
Rijkaard: Doubt there's any truth to it. Would take him in a heartbeat but would still rather Bielsa.

Sam's going is good enough. But the very thought of him being replaced by Bielsa. Happy fucking days. ... until the bubble bursts and the board quietly unveils Gareth Southgate.
Old 03.03.2015, 01:03 PM   #6431
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

wow i hope you guys get bielsa. of course that would mean the end of west ham's style altogether-- wouldn't that be a problem with your players? then again bielsa is far from stupid and would adapt. or maybe you can get klopp instead ha ha ha-- almost a ready fit.

don't know about kloppo going anywhere though. i remember him in his glory days talking about how maybe in 2016 or 2017 when his work at dortmund was completed he would consider moving, but i have a feeling that having taken such a big hit this season the delivery date of his finished "oeuvre" has been pushed farther back. by this i was assuming that he'd quit after having established dortmund as a permanent contender, a barcelona to bayern's real madrid (or viceversa), and a regular power in europe. of course we have to see what happens next with him-- he could conceivably get fired at the end of this season if things start to go poorly again.
Old 03.03.2015, 01:29 PM   #6432
demonrail666
invito al cielo

No! That's the whole thing! People laugh at and dismiss this whole thing about the 'West Ham way' (including our current cunt of a manager) but the 'West Ham way' actually refers to something real: adopting the most technically advanced style of football (at the time Hungary's) and putting results to one side. We had a reputation for being great to watch, playing 'good', entertaining football without ever being that successful. Bielsa represents the epitome of that.

The concept is encapsulated by our manager Ron Greenwood who introduced the idea and the tactics in the sixties, when he said that

“The crowds at West Ham have never been rewarded by results but they keep turning up because of the good football they see. Other clubs will suffer from the old bugbear that results count more than anything. This has been the ruination of English soccer.”

Not even every West Ham fan agrees with that but some (including me) absolutely do.

Bielsa represents that to the absolute hilt. Only Pep can compete with him on that level, and we're never gonna get him, and even he idolises Bielsa over everyone else (and Pep's ultmately far more pragmatic than Bielsa).

It's why I said I'd happily be relegated under him. Odd I know, but I honestly feel that way.

EDIT: The reality is our current owners would never go for anyone as bold as Bielsa. They'll go for a far safer bet because they're terrified of relegation before we move into the Olympic Stadium. I almost wish his name had never been mentioned. For me anyway it makes every other alternative a massive let-down, even though I should simply be happy that Allardyce is going.

Given we'll never get Bielsa, I'd love Klopp, but like you I can't see him leaving Dortmund now. Amd if he does it'll be for Arsenal not us.

I should feel happy but I just feel so deflated at the overwhelming likelihood that the dream won't come true.
Old 03.03.2015, 03:41 PM   #6433
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

wow. i thought it was all long balls and andy carroll headers. i had no idea!

re: owners. aren't you now just jealous of the 50+1 bundesliga model? oh, come on, just a little jealous. admit it.

i don't think bielsa is gonna get any team relegated. you're more likely to do that with some mediocro.

AND what's with the rejoicing at allardyce's departure? weren't you like "i love sam" just months, if not mere weeks ago? what's happening?
Old 03.03.2015, 04:44 PM   #6434
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wow. i thought it was all long balls and andy carroll headers. i had no idea!

re: owners. aren't you now just jealous of the 50+1 bundesliga model? oh, come on, just a little jealous. admit it.

i don't think bielsa is gonna get any team relegated. you're more likely to do that with some mediocro.

AND what's with the rejoicing at allardyce's departure? weren't you like "i love sam" just months, if not mere weeks ago? what's happening?

This. I really don't understand where people think West Ham are meant to be? Champions League? Non. Europa league? Maybe sometimes. I don't get it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.03.2015, 07:41 PM   #6435
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I've not always been critical of him, especially at the start of the season, when at times I even praised him, but it's impossible to watch us recently and not be completely disillusioned with his whole approach. The whole West Ham Way thing is important for some fans and irrelevant for others but I'd say a majority of even those who couldn't care less about it have had enough of him now. So yeah, in that sense, the 50+1 idea would be great. It would've certainly meant we'd have never appointed him to begin with.

As for what West Ham fans think the club is meant to be, I'd say a majority accept we're a yo-yo team but expect to be entertained with 'good' football and maybe have an occasional cup-run. Sam is all about safety-first and tends to dismiss the kind of flair players the supporters have generally always seen as being a key part of the club's identity, through the training methods entrenched in our academy that go back to the 50s. I don't hate Andy Carroll and actually think he's a decent player (and more versatile than Sam allows him to be) but his appointment under Sam represented a real abandonment of that idea.

The joke about West Ham for years was that they were this really cultured football team that usually lost and certainly didn't have much chance of winning anything significant. It was like an in-joke (like the lyrics of the Bubbles song) but a lot of mostly younger fans just want results now - and to be fair, the way the game's gone, it's pretty much understandable. But apart from at the start of this season (and getting us promoted out of the Championship), Sam's style has proven neither entertaining or successful.

Less important, but maybe significant for some fans, is Sam's utter arrogance. Mourinho gets away with it cos his results back it up. Sam's don't. This is the man who's on record saying he's better suited to managing a club like Real Madrid or Barcelona than a mid-table one in the Prem league - which let us not forget, he came within a whisker of getting relegated last season. He'll get another position after West Ham because he seems like a safe pair of hands and that's more important than it's ever been for a lot of clubs, but he's currently the 13th highest paid manager in world football. Shouldn't a club expect a bit more for that kind of money? Would I sack him now, before the end of the season? No. Would I renew his contract when it ends at the end of the season? Also no.
Old 03.04.2015, 04:43 PM   #6436
demonrail666
invito al cielo

No complaints tonight, even though we lost. Could've easily got a point or even 3. Sakho could've easily got a couple.
Old 03.07.2015, 09:28 AM   #6437
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

http://www.dw.de/five-reasons-for-bo...orm/a-18299071

they play hamburg in 2' (in paper it should be easy as hamburg sucks-- but im still nervous)

--

eventually found a stream in the middle of the first half and it was exciting, chaotic, but no goals.

2nd half was exciting, a little more organized, but still no goals.

0-0 feels like a dortmund defeat-- they dominated but still no cigar.
Old 03.07.2015, 05:09 PM   #6438
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Interested to know from H8Kurdt what the general mood is among Everton fans at the moment about Martinez.
Old 03.07.2015, 07:29 PM   #6439
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Interested to know from H8Kurdt what the general mood is among Everton fans at the moment about Martinez.

We don't talk about that.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2015, 03:56 AM   #6440
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Well it looks like all the talk about Bielsa (or anyone) replacing Allardyce was just that, talk. I was obviously a bit OTT in my condemnation of him in the previous few posts but, either way, it looks like he's there for probably at least another season. Oh well. Reality check I suppose.
272312319320321 322 323324325332372422 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth