Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.01.2009, 03:20 PM   #4421
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Ah to hell with it, life is short. Just ordered this load from Amazon, even though I can't really afford it. They were selling loads of classic hip-hop cheap.

Eric B. & Rakim - Paid In Full

Method Man - Tical

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

Talib Kweli - Reflection Eternal

The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 03:22 PM   #4422
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
King Geedorah - Take Me To Your Leader

Mf Doom - Special Herbs: The Box Set vol. 0-9 (3CD)

Yes! I'd be a lot better of financially if the internet had never been invented, but I'd also be much less happy...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 06.01.2009, 03:53 PM   #4423
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
got a dead machines/blue sabbath black cheer tape the other day. its really good stuff, totaly worth $5.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 04:04 PM   #4424
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Ah to hell with it, life is short. Just ordered this load from Amazon, even though I can't really afford it. They were selling loads of classic hip-hop cheap.

Eric B. & Rakim - Paid In Full

why waste time on the microphone
Old 06.03.2009, 10:58 AM   #4425
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
12" single:

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 01:35 PM   #4426
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses

Old 06.04.2009, 01:51 AM   #4427
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan

This is now definitely one of my favourite hip-hop albums ever. My favourite Wu-Tange album for sure.

"I'm on a Mission, that niggaz say is Impossible
But when I swing my swords they all choppable
I be the body dropper, the heartbeat stopper
Child educator, plus head amputator"

Yes!
Old 06.05.2009, 06:54 AM   #4428
kittymagic
little trouble girl

kittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard sucka
last album i bought was at the drive-in relationship of command
anyone else heard that?
kittymagic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2009, 12:22 PM   #4429
cuneyt81
empty page

cuneyt81 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
For me it was "Veckatimest" by Grizzly Bear.
cuneyt81 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2009, 01:46 PM   #4430
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Jeru The Damaja - The Sun Rises in the East (double vinyl)

You can't stop the prophet...
Old 06.05.2009, 02:02 PM   #4431
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
^That record is great. His 2nd is really good too. Lost track/interest after that though.
Old 06.05.2009, 02:12 PM   #4432
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Seems classic. Also just Amazon ordered:

Beans featuring William Parker and Hamid Drake - Only

Mos Def and Talibe Kweli are Black Star

I really really need to stop spending money. My finances are completely spiralling out of all reasonable control lately, primarily going on music...
Old 06.05.2009, 03:38 PM   #4433
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Also:

Talib Kweli - Quality

J Dilla - Donuts

OK. STOPPING NOW!
Old 06.05.2009, 04:00 PM   #4434
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymagic
last album i bought was at the drive-in relationship of command
anyone else heard that?

the first song arcarsenal I think, is my favorite pumped up intro song
Old 06.05.2009, 04:05 PM   #4435
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
No one bought the Dave Matthews album? Silly cunts. You know you love it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2009, 07:44 PM   #4436
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

At the NYD show last night:

10" EP:

Old 06.06.2009, 05:08 AM   #4438
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
^That record is great. His 2nd is really good too. Lost track/interest after that though.
His first two are far away his best.

Good buy.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2009, 12:42 PM   #4439
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Women, at the gig yesterday.
I got it signed by the singer, I had a brief chat with him, too. A nice dude.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2009, 06:31 PM   #4440
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubarret
His first two are far away his best.

Good buy.

Yeah, it's pretty damn fantastic. Premier is on the top of his (considerable) game, and Jeru's flow is really distinctive and tight. The second verse on "D. Original" is fucking classic:

"Before trains were graffiti proof I used to get loose
Dirty rotten since the days of the deuce
Dirty, because of the skin I'm in
The fact I have melanin automatically makes me a felon
Even though I'm righteous, rotten's what you're yellin
But I'm not chain-snatchin, or drug-sellin
According to your books you said I would be damned like Ham
Scoundrel opposite of the king that I am
But wanna get funny, we can get bummy
Take you to the East and back again money
Filthy putrified trick, step past your sister
Challenge the Damaja, and you'll be history
Mortal Kombat fatality, the original don't sing no R&B
Nasty MC deity
Chop off domes with the poems that come out of my pin-eal
gland, as I expand, you know who I am"

So good!
172212219220221 222 223224225232272322 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth