Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.26.2015, 11:21 PM   #39541
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
ohh, i love passion fruit. yum. gainesville gets fairly chilly- up until march it was 60ish during the day and 40ish at night. i'm so excited to be here for fall and winter. but they could be fine. have a good night!
Old 07.27.2015, 10:41 AM   #39542
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
ohh, i love passion fruit. yum. gainesville gets fairly chilly- up until march it was 60ish during the day and 40ish at night. i'm so excited to be here for fall and winter. but they could be fine. have a good night!

thanks! night was good indeed.

was reading how passionfruit comes in 2 colors! purple and yellow. i only know the yellow tart delicious maracuyá.

best thing about it is it grows FAST. also read some strains resist temperatures of 20F so it should be a piece of cake in your area.

i mean you want to grow an avocado tree and those take years. but the maracuyá grows like a vine and

oh i just looked it up.

might wanna switch to tomatos ha ha ha. 2-3 years for the passionfruit. 3-13 years for the avocado (3-4 if you buy ready tree, up to 13 if you plant) / i thought the maracuyá was a little faster but 2years is a bit of a long horizon for a rental.

lissen-- grow basil. great place to start and always tasty. also, mint grows like a weed and keeps bugs & rodents away (they say). great in your sweet tea. humid subtropical gardens are great for a lot of things. peppers, for example. beans. tomato of course. shit, you could plant corn and it's ready in 100 days. i'm thinking also sweet potatoes.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2015, 09:20 PM   #39543
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
basil for sure, oh my god sweet potatoes is a great idea too. I put a bit of maple syrup on top and yum.
Old 07.27.2015, 10:06 PM   #39544
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
which cookies?

so would you say you saw the sign and it... opened up your eyes?

also, sean and i cooked in the kitchen at 2 am i think wednesday night and he told me how love is dead.

i always see the sign and ace of base, and you know this

remember that time we cooked like three boxes of macaroni and cheese at once?
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2015, 11:57 PM   #39545
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yo schizo, there is no need for maple syrup if you cook them long enough. this i promise.

a longer cook breaks down the pectin on the cell walls and the thing releases its own sugar, which caramelizes. they become supersoft and drippy with sweet.

just roast them a little longer/higher temp and you'll see the majicks. say 45' to 1h at 400F-- don't worry if it chars the ends a little. then add bacon instead mhuahahahahahahaha. (because it's already like a pancake.)

@ crayons - so where do you live now? didn't you go to montana or something? i forget.
Old 07.28.2015, 01:34 AM   #39546
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
i always see the sign and ace of base, and you know this

remember that time we cooked like three boxes of macaroni and cheese at once?
Were they Tagalongs? I fucking LOVE Tagalongs yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2015, 10:09 AM   #39547
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I'm kind of hungry. I skipped breakfast this morning, not on purpose but just kind of forgot about it. Sucked down my coffee, left, and realized I hadn't eaten.
Old 07.28.2015, 10:15 AM   #39548
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I'm kind of hungry. I skipped breakfast this morning, not on purpose but just kind of forgot about it. Sucked down my coffee, left, and realized I hadn't eaten.

go get a bottle of organic whole-fat milk yo

tastes delicious and you're in farm country

8g protein per cup and enough fat to get your furnace going

but hey, it's not like you have to work hard or anything ha ha ha hahahahaa

(hi kid! i hope you're not reading gmku's internets!)

lol the kid

im late w/ breakfast too. @ the computer tryign to figure out what kind of pancake this morning. because there's a maseca pancake that exists and i'm like WTF??? yes, maseca is the flour to make tortillas. basically fine-ground hominy. so maybe this is a jonnycake. or something. don't know. im hungry. adiós.
Old 07.28.2015, 10:20 AM   #39549
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks. I dislike milk. I love cheese, yogurt, other dairy products. I just can't do milk, for some reason.

When I skip breakfast, I start having cravings for red meat. Weird. I want a big burger right now.

But yeah, work. Ha!? I am coasting... . The big boss (the kid) and the little boss (her) both are trying to fill up my plate with projects, and what I'm keeping from them is I've already done most of this stuff, in anticipation of leaving, weeks ago! So, I'm like, "Sure, not a problem, I should have this to you by, oh, let's say..." and then I go back to my desk and surf. HA! So funny. "Gmku, can you give me a status update on your work with x. How's it going?" "Oh, great, I'm just checking on a few details, but no problem finishing this up. Should even have it early."
Old 07.28.2015, 10:27 AM   #39550
gmku
invito al cielo

Also, both bosses are a little dumb about what I do. To them, updating or adding content to a web page seems like a big deal, something that might take hours, when in reality, I can get it done in minutes. Writing a short news release should take days and days in their eyes; I can do it in a few hours. So easy to pull the proverbial wool...

This morning, the new project was to figure out how to switch all my social media credentials over to someone else in the office. Really? This is a project? Changing log-ins and passwords? "Please handle and let me know when everything is transferred." You should have seen the astounded face when I reported back in 5 minutes. HA!
Old 07.28.2015, 10:35 AM   #39551
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i hate hot industrial milk (it stinks) but COLD ORGANIC WHOLE MILK is jsut fucking great. another substance altogether. it's my road food when i'm in a hurry.

i got stumped w/ the many contradictory recipes. taking a break but still hungry.

hilarious tales of the workload, there. it's a bureaucracy thing, isn't it? people get calcified.
Old 07.28.2015, 10:54 AM   #39552
gmku
invito al cielo

Yes, and bureaucracy is based in fear, isn't it? Fear of true creativity, of individuality, of non-productive time. I feel it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i hate hot industrial milk (it stinks) but COLD ORGANIC WHOLE MILK is jsut fucking great. another substance altogether. it's my road food when i'm in a hurry.

i got stumped w/ the many contradictory recipes. taking a break but still hungry.

hilarious tales of the workload, there. it's a bureaucracy thing, isn't it? people get calcified.
Old 07.28.2015, 11:30 AM   #39553
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Yes, and bureaucracy is based in fear, isn't it? Fear of true creativity, of individuality, of non-productive time. I feel it here.

i've always avoided those places but my brother tells me tales of having worked at a place where he was able to do his work in a week that was allotted for a full months. there were people sitting next to him that had been doing things at the official pace ofr 25 years. he hated the place but used it to get his master's and then fucked off.
Old 07.28.2015, 12:12 PM   #39554
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
in nearly every job I have ever had, from corporate america, to private law firms, to academia, I see that 80% of the workforce gets paid to take up space, while 20% of the workforce actually works hard and does all the work, and gets paid the same as the ones that do jack shit.

This is all management 101, and taught in every MBA program. a drone that shows up every day and does middling work is m ore valuable to the bottom line than a worker who is devoted, slaves away, goes above and beyond in their duties. either way you get the same 3% cost of living raise (if you are LUCKY)

it's all a crock of shit.
Old 07.28.2015, 01:36 PM   #39555
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
in nearly every job I have ever had, from corporate america, to private law firms, to academia, I see that 80% of the workforce gets paid to take up space, while 20% of the workforce actually works hard and does all the work, and gets paid the same as the ones that do jack shit.

This is all management 101, and taught in every MBA program. a drone that shows up every day and does middling work is m ore valuable to the bottom line than a worker who is devoted, slaves away, goes above and beyond in their duties. either way you get the same 3% cost of living raise (if you are LUCKY)

it's all a crock of shit.

how does this work exactly? surely the guy who works harder is more valuable?
Old 07.28.2015, 01:56 PM   #39556
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
how does this work exactly? surely the guy who works harder is more valuable?

because in corporate America employees are not treated as individual sources of quality work. They are cogs, pieces, to be switched and swapped around at the discretion of upper management. Whole departments can be dumped/fired/laid off solely because cost overruns have occurred in a different department. with this expendability ingrained in the workforce, requiring employees whose departure would not be critical to the actual functioning of the busienss. the search for REAL talent and hard work only occurs in very specified positions, things like "Director" or "VP of Finance". It is why hourly employes are treated like sheep to be herded, while salaried employees are treated like slaves to overwork.

the person that works harder is more valuable only to an employer that actually allows that employee to be invested in the work. most companies do not do this, saving their profit-sharing, stock options, performance bonuses solely for those in upper management. (the 20% of "actually valuable" employees.) a slacker "file clerk" will get paid just as much as a "hardworking" file clerk. Sometimes the hard work is noticed and appreciated (rare) but many times it is actually discouraged, because it creates tension among the drones.

Of course this is a generalization of sorts, but it has been my experience in all fields of work.
Old 07.28.2015, 02:47 PM   #39557
gmku
invito al cielo

I worked hard in this job. Don't get me wrong. And I put up with a lot of pure nonsense. I'm just no longer motivated, as you can well imagine.

On a different note, I got that burger, and it was a nice burger, to boot. Organic Iowa grown beef, caramelized onion, cucumbers, and blue cheese. I kept things in balance by ordering a salad instead of fries, and water instead of a carbonated beverage.
Old 07.28.2015, 02:54 PM   #39558
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

My mother was let go from several jobs after we moved to US from Houston. She would be assigned duties, get them done in a few days, and be let go after being told that she was supposed to "stretch it out" so that the work would last a month.

This is standard practice in corporate america....
Old 07.28.2015, 03:12 PM   #39559
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
My mother was let go from several jobs after we moved to US from Houston. She would be assigned duties, get them done in a few days, and be let go after being told that she was supposed to "stretch it out" so that the work would last a month.

that's usually a union thing--"don't make the rest of us look bad"

elsewhere, people either get promoted or loaded with ever more work

Quote:
This is standard practice in corporate america....

which is the place to avoid...
Old 07.28.2015, 03:30 PM   #39560
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the nation's largest employer is Wal-Mart, with over 80% of their workforce earning minimum wage.....
1478187819281968197519761977 1978 197919801981198820282078 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth