Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Countless Centuries Fled into the Distance Like So Many Storms - LR
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.05.2008, 07:57 AM   #1
hiland
children of satan

hiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.cargorecords.co.uk/release/5750

Countless Centuries Fled into the Distance Like So Many Storms

Table of the Elements continues to celebrate its 15th anniversary with the sixth installment in its Guitar Series Vols. 3 & 4. It’s a 12xLP romp of deviant fretnoise by some of experimental music’s most prominent players, including Christian Fennesz, Thurston Moore, and Sunn O)))’s Stephen O’Malley.
Sonic Youth's Lee Ranaldo was part of the original Table of the Elements "Guitar Series" in 1993; now he returns with Countless Centuries Fled into the Distance Like So Many Storms. It's an epic earful, replete with shimmering textures and an inimitable charging clangor. With ecstatic, rocking squalor, he summons some dazzling shronk, reminiscent of early SY, the soaring drone of John Cale, and even the looping orientalia of Dream Syndicate-era La Monte Young. So duck and cover, as Lee fires an impeccably aimed fusillade across the screaming fields of sonic love.

"Those willing to lose themselves in slow, loving washes of almost delicate sonic minimalism will be rewarded with music that approaches the almost mystical satisfaction of a perfectly pulsating drone. There are real frontiers being traveled here.” SALON.COM.

"An absolute treat for the ears and mind." STEVE ALBINI.

• Format: Vinyl 12" LP
  • Catalogue Number: TOE97LP
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Label: Table of the Elements
  • Release Date: 21 July 2008
hiland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 08:05 AM   #2
Kosako
children of satan

Kosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's asses
Nice info.
I'll try to get a copy!
Kosako is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 02:03 PM   #3
al shabbray

I want a copy. but I am always to lazy for importing it overseas...is there a dealer in europe for this? anybody knows that?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 09:43 PM   #4
hiland
children of satan

hiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asses
i found it today at Amoeba, Hollywood.
so im assuming it was available domestically as well. can't wait to hear this thing....
Old 09.01.2009, 10:02 AM   #5
greatrayray
empty page

greatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's assesgreatrayray kicks all y'all's asses
i bought this, but contrary to what i read online mine is pressed on clear vinyl.

TWITTER BLOG LAST.FM
greatrayray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2009, 12:03 PM   #6
hiland
children of satan

ive seen both clear and "mint" colored vinyl for this release. not sure of any differences.
Old 09.01.2009, 03:24 PM   #7
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
I want a copy. but I am always to lazy for importing it overseas...is there a dealer in europe for this? anybody knows that?
I'm selling my copy....PM me if you're interested.

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth