Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Inevitable Zimmerman/Martin Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2013, 05:06 PM   #41
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
I like when people actually like the crap I write for once but I really hate reading it back its always so unreadable its like my brain is assembling words like a tetris game.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2013, 05:46 PM   #42
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Sighs. This thread is hopeless. What upsets me is there are like five people left on this forum, and I really don't feel like hanging out with any of them anymore.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2013, 05:56 PM   #43
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Is it possible that, instead of being racist, some people here just dont see the racism in this particular case? And whats more noone here would want someone to be able to kill an innocent person and not get prosecuted for it?

And also that none of us are against you in probably everything you would advocate when it came to law and policy on these type of issues?
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2013, 06:01 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
Is it possible that, instead of being racist, some people here just dont see the racism in this particular case? And whats more noone here would want someone to be able to kill an innocent person and not get prosecuted for it?

And also that none of us are against you in probably everything you would advocate when it came to law and policy on these type of issues?

I'm not accusing people of being racist. There is a difference between harboring racist sentiments, opinions, and ideas and actually being a full-fledged racist. I don't think Bytor or !@#$% are racist, but I can't possibly understand how they can't see what is so plain and obvious. You? We already talked, you're just relatively inexperienced with this matter, and have rightfully conceded ignorance. Here is the crux of the matter, too many apologists get all defensive and self-righteous when it comes to talking about racism in our society. Just because society suffers from structure racism, doesn't mean it has to be personal or attacking individuals. However, if individuals refuse to discuss reality, and instead want to argue that there isn't racism or injustice in very obvious instances, well, that is obstruction and will only result in defeat like other dinosaur ways of thinking. Every black and brown person in America totally understands what smells like shit about this Zimmerman acquittal, and half of the white people do too. Those who don't? Shit, I can't help but sigh and wonder...

Old 07.15.2013, 06:39 PM   #45
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
In defence of suchfriends, this is a thread full of white people washing their hands of a systematic problem to which they're largely blind.

An example: 2 white men and a black man walks into a bar; one is turned away. Any mention that it might've been racially motivated (which is moot) by the black person is perceived as 'chip on the shoulder'. And this sort of stuff happens always. So there's two problems: first is the possibility (which I haven't followed at all) that a white person shot a black person on the grounds that he was black; the second problem is that a lot of white people will immediately, and very shrilly say 'I'm not racist' because racism is something that happened in the past and could not possibly continue to be a problem. So the whys and wheretofores of the possibility that it might be racially motivated murder (to repeat, I've not followed the case) are clouded by the intense desire for white people to pretend there doesn't continue to be (very euphemistically speaking) 'a complex relationship' between white society and black.

That racism doesn't appear solely in a KKK hood appears to mislead white people into thinking that this isn't an incredibly severe problem.

I'll go further and say that I've recently realised that the sincere claim to 'not being racist' by white people very often limits the ability of black people to talk about their emotions.

blah blah bell hooks blah blah Audre Lorde blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2013, 06:42 PM   #46
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I'm not accusing people of being racist.

I think you should. They are. I am. Everyone's got a problem so long as some people have a problem. In a sense, racism's so systematic that we're as well to come to terms with the fact that we're really bad at getting on with minor variations in these loosely-tied sacks of flesh we call lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2013, 07:15 PM   #47
chocolate_ladyland
children of satan

chocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asses
He should have gotten manslaughter IMO. Murder constitutes intent, and no matter how you paint it, there is no way Zimmerman intended to kill Trayvon.

chocolate_ladyland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2013, 11:39 PM   #48
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
A good read: http://chicksontheright.com/posts/it...-trial-to-date
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2013, 11:53 PM   #49
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think you should.

I think I will..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Old 07.16.2013, 08:27 AM   #50
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you can permanently damage, paralyze or kill someone in a fistfight. fistfights aren't "non-lethal", they are merely less lethal.

dead is dead
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2013, 10:21 AM   #51
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
dead is dead

and alive is alive......
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2013, 10:57 AM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and Pearl Jam sucks
Old 07.16.2013, 11:48 AM   #53
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
and alive is alive......

Which we can't say about Trayvon Martin now can we.

The link you posted was bullshit. You shouldn't read bullshit like that, let alone take it seriously. Here is something better for you, its Professor Tricia Rose and Tavis Smiley discussing their reactions to the Zimmerman verdict and in particular the President's woefully inadequate response. Be careful now, they are black folks, I hope it doesn't make you uncomfortable enough to crassly claim they are "biased" or worse,simply not listen to the substance of what they are saying. I read the article you posted, and disagreed with entirely, but I read it. I encourage you to listen to this 20 minute interview, and it will perfectly reflect this situation and either enlighten you to as Glice mentioned, a reality you may be blind to, or at least, remind you of a reality you may sometimes also chose to casually want to minimize.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/...s-tricia-rose/

Old 07.16.2013, 03:32 PM   #54
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Remember when Bernie Goetz shot 4 dudes with an illegal firearm in the NYC subway ? The jury aquited him of every charge except unlawful possesion of a firearm.

shit has been fucked. shit don't change. That was 1984.

This is 2013. Shit don't change.

Here is what Goetz did after shooting the 4 kids in the subway

He went home to gather some belongings, then rented a car and drove north to Bennington, Vermont, where he burned his blue jacket and dismantled the revolver, scattering the pieces in the woods north of town. He drove around New England for several days, registering at motels under various names and paying in cash. On December 26, an anonymous hotline caller told New York City police that Goetz matched the gunman's description, owned a gun, and had been mugged previously.

sounds like a man with something to hide huh? Jury didn't give a fuck. In NYC you can kill someone
Section 35.15, "A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person... unless... He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit [one of certain enumerated predicate offenses, including robbery]."

It's not just Texas or Florida.
Old 07.17.2013, 10:10 AM   #55
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Remember when Bernie Goetz shot 4 dudes with an illegal firearm in the NYC subway ? The jury aquited him of every charge except unlawful possesion of a firearm.
shit has been fucked. shit don't change. That was 1984. .

But they were robbing him and had long sheets. There are lot of fucking scumbags out there and deserve what they get. I'm sorry, but when 4 black guys lurk over you in the subway and ask for $5, they aren't asking. Goetz had also been the victim of a violent mugging. I guess I've been the victim of several attempted muggings over the years...

1. times square 1989 black man
2. times square 1988 group of black teens
3. williamsburg 1989 hispanic kid
4. williamsburg 1988 gang of white crack addicts
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2013, 10:32 AM   #56
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the whole point being that if a black man shot 4 white youths in NYC in 1984 he would have been thrown to the wolves. Goetz shot unarmed youths, one of them twice because he did not look like he was hurt enough, then proceeded to run away and destroy and hide his firearm. a truly honest and innocent person would have gone to the police and reported everything instantly.

"I was getting mugged, I feared for my life, and I shot the fuckers. Here is the gun I used"

but he did not. whether that was because his gun was illegally procured, or whether he did not have the concealed license for it, or whether he knew he did wrong is another matter.
Old 07.17.2013, 11:17 AM   #57
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure many honest people would turn themselves in if they see an opportunity to "get away with it".
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2013, 11:22 AM   #58
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

self-defense, if it really is self-defense, is not about "getting away with it" That would be vigilantism.
Old 07.17.2013, 11:45 AM   #59
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i've been meaning to ask for you who follow this, in what alternate universe is zimmerman "white"?

hm yeah look at those aryan features
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2013, 11:54 AM   #60
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

since when do white folks consider Jews white?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth