Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.25.2010, 06:07 AM   #3301
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
btw, here's an amazing thread on 2D platformers/action games for the psx:
http://hg101.proboards.com/index.cgi...nt&thread=4419

TONS of great games in that list. The psx was truly an unstoppable system for puzzlers, strategy games, 2D platformers, and....

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2009/...s-library.html

HOLY FUCK! SHMUPS!!!

Looks at that list of PSX shmups!

I am downloading every single one -- yes, every single game on that list -- that I don't already have. (I only have 27 of the games on that list at the moment, still got tons I have to grab)

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2010, 07:30 AM   #3302
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Okay, I have every Dreamcast game I'd ever want except bangai-O. i've tried like 5 different rips of this fucking game and NONE of them will burn properly. Different websites, different file types (.cdi, .nrg, .bin/.cue.. self boot, non self boot...), and NONE of them wll get the game to play. None! I'm going insane. I need this game!

I have it for the DS and trying t convinve NR like ages tobuy it for a bargain to swap levels. it seems that he will finally get it around christmass, yeehaw.
did you guys heard about the full blown level editor which is included in the DS version? plus you can exchange those levels via soundfiles (and the built in mics) which sound like fax sounds???
thats just too good in my book

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2010, 10:53 PM   #3303
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Holiday festivities with the cousins.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 06:06 AM   #3304
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

and

WARIO LAND 3 and HEART OF DARKNESS

Man, I have read so many bad reviews for HEART OF DARKNESS... yet, it's one of the BEST games I've ever played. If you like Oddworld: Abe's Exodus and Oddysee, Flashback, Prince of Persia, and Out of this World... also, if you like games like Ico.. you'll love this game. Basically, you're a kid with a laser. You shoot monsters with it, and you climb walls and you solve logic puzzles. It's atmospheric as hell and brilliant. It's so fucking cool in every way a game can be. So, why the bad reviews? I mean, you get unlimited continues... you die but the game doesn't take you too far back (there's a checkpoint after every major event) I guess this is just a style of game that people weren't into when it came out -- or perhaps it's still far far far ahead of its time. A truly singular game experinece -- while it resembles side scrolling 2D adventure games of the past, it still has enough to offer to make it truly stand out. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's the absolute best game of its type. Also, if you buy an actual copy (I mean, I reccomend downloading it off of btjunkie but I see it ALL THE TIME at used game stores), it's cool because it came with a pair of 3D glasses. Only strange thing about it is that it took 6 years to make (!).

As for WArio Land 3... it's Wario Land.

Old 11.26.2010, 06:38 AM   #3305
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Adam, I've been meaning to ask you this thing for quite a long time.
Look at the past couple of pages here. You come here basically every other day (sometimes every day) and keep saying you're now playing this and you're now playing that. I mean, how does this process look like in your case? Do you buy/download/whatever a game, you play it for 3-4 hours, then write a review about it, forget about it and repeat the process with a next one?
Cause you see, when I play a game and like it, I usually play it until the game's beaten (which usually takes me something around 2 weeks). So don't get me wrong, I just don't understand how can you possibly have so much time to be involved in so many activities (video games, watching movies, listening to music, making music, making movies, going to work etc) without actually being on meth or something? Okay, watching a weird japanese/other movie takes up to 2 hours but I guess you get my point.
Just ... to be honest with you, it sometimes seems like you're just showing off how cool/weird taste in movies and music and videogames you have.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 07:05 AM   #3306
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I am not playing 60 hour RPG's here, I'm playing old games that take like 20 minutes to beat. Some games, I beat the day I get them, some games I play a little bit of and then play more later.

I have a lot of energy and I do participate in a lot of activities.. I get a lot of shit done.. is that bad? I know in real life, I often get people telling me they're jealous that I can get so much done, that I have so much energy, but I don't think I'm particularly that hard of a worker -- it's just that most people are lazy.

But yeeeeeeeeeeah, maybe I should just stop posting, since you think I'm trying to so "COOL" and "WEIRD". Actually, what I'm doing is trying to create opportunities for interesting discussions instead of talking about the same old shit, but your post makes me realize there's no point, if my tastes and how I go about my life is going to be scrutinized. Like, I'm sorry I watch so many movies, play so many games, and listen to so much music, I guess. I didn't realize it bothered everyone else so much.

Oh, you forgot, I also play shows, write songs (I spent 2 years writing the title track of my last album), produce other people's albums, paint, write poems, write novels, programmed a video game last year, have a girlfriend, go to my grandpa's a few days a week and clean his house, take my mom to doctor's appointments, and all the stuff you mentioned too. I sleep 4 hours a day, roughly. I'm not on meth, I'm on drugs but not meth or any kind of speed.

Old 11.26.2010, 07:26 AM   #3307
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
That wasn't my point.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.26.2010, 07:31 AM   #3308
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

The funny thing is, I've slowed down in the past 6 months. I used to be a lot busier.

Old 11.26.2010, 07:34 AM   #3309
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Anyway, been playing this for the past hour

MISADVENTURES OF TRON BONNE

this baby goes for $150 on amazon. It's probably worth $1.50.

I'm kidding. Great game.

Old 11.26.2010, 07:38 AM   #3310
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

holy shit... random screens

Old 11.26.2010, 07:53 AM   #3311
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Marvel vs Capcom 3?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 10:46 AM   #3312
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I think the first Wario Land is pretty meh, but 2 and 3 are amazing. 4 I like, but have played a lot less.
Old 11.26.2010, 02:24 PM   #3313
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
We're on to you, Cooley!
Old 11.26.2010, 02:29 PM   #3314
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

I don't think Adam is really pregnant.
Old 11.26.2010, 02:46 PM   #3315
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

In other news, the Angry Video Game Nerd released a new video on YouTube today, where he plays a Magnavox Odyssey. I had never actually seen one of these things in action, so it's pretty neat to see the first attempt at a home game console... it looks pretty atrocious, I must say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDAKxjG7VaI

Old 11.26.2010, 03:11 PM   #3316
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_

Just ... to be honest with you, it sometimes seems like you're just showing off how cool/weird taste in movies and music and videogames you have.

wtf is this shit. if someone has a cool taste in music and games showing it off is the first thing they should be doing, so others can find out about those cool movies.

you sound achingly self concious. please don't try and spread it to others.

unless you were trying to make some sort of concerned comment about his health or life, in which case you stumbled around and messed that up.

cooley is just like that. that's what he's like. that's why he's interesting because of all those things he does. this board would be dead without him. get the fuck over it.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 03:20 PM   #3317
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Thanks man. That's kinda the impression I got, too -- since my taste is apparently "weird", then there's some kind of problem with it. It definitely came off as needlessly insulting -- like I really have something to prove on a message board, "oh, look how 'cool' I am." ...? I mean, I thought the point of threads like this were to show what you were into, but like I said, it apparently bothers people...?! Very strange. People usually appreciate the fact that I'm knowledgable about a few things and usually I'm one of the ones people come to me when they want a certain recommendation -- I thought that was a good thing. Maybe not. SHRUG. I dunno. A very confusing message, all things considered, I definitely got a weird vibe from it. Oh well.

I got a fantastic shmup for ps1 called NIGHT RAID and have been playing that today:

really beautiful/insane game.

Me and the gf played guilty gear ao earlier:

Amazing game. I know I always say this, but it's the best 2D fighter I've ever played... We played 15 rounds of MEAN BEAN MACHINE too!

Old 11.26.2010, 03:45 PM   #3318
_slavo_
invito al cielo

awww girls, let's have a circle jerk, now.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.26.2010, 03:48 PM   #3319
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Pretty sure girls can't have a circle jerk. But we'll try, since it's weird and cool.

Old 11.26.2010, 03:50 PM   #3320
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
cant jerk, playin games, not enough hands.

i guess you could rumble pack your dick.

tried it once. 3/10.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
116156163164165 166 167168169176216266 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth