Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page How to make Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.31.2009, 06:48 AM   #21
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
HaHa! I know. I've made just as much noise when converting .flacs/.wavs, etc in the wrong way.
Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Old 12.31.2009, 07:26 AM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
classic video, classic song.

To think that the prodigy were ever a successful, mainstream act in America is really pretty fucking cool, and though it's not really what I reach for when it comes to electronic music, it did in fact turn a lot of people onto that stuff, so I can't hate it too much. It's actually a cool track, I don't mind it in the least.

It was after their third album though, when they stopped being a dance band and started being this stadium rock behemoth. Their first two albums are two of the most essential records of early-90s dance, and two incredibly rare instances of really, really good dance albums. The albums after that were where they went into being a completely different band. They're still electronic, but appealing to rock audiences rather than the dance massive. It's possibly a minor distinction, but I don't think they'd be as well thought of for their earlier stuff as the post fat of the land stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpp_KCbALcM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2009, 07:56 AM   #23
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
It was after their third album though, when they stopped being a dance band and started being this stadium rock behemoth. Their first two albums are two of the most essential records of early-90s dance, and two incredibly rare instances of really, really good dance albums. The albums after that were where they went into being a completely different band. They're still electronic, but appealing to rock audiences rather than the dance massive. It's possibly a minor distinction, but I don't think they'd be as well thought of for their earlier stuff as the post fat of the land stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpp_KCbALcM

I absolutely agree. I don't know if The Prodigy's change of direction (which probably had already started with their second album but which really came to the fore with the release of 'Firestarter') was a conscious attempt by the band to break America but it definitely had that effect. You're right, they ultimately became a live act rather than a studio one and managed to push Keith (previously just a dancer with the band) as their front-man.

Ah, happy days!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2009, 08:55 AM   #24
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Merzbow might be difficult, but I just opened a .txt file as a .wav file in Goldwave and it sounds like every Masonna track ever made.. so who knows?

i didn't know you could do that, is there a special trick or do you just go> open and select the text?

i mainly wonder if it makes any difference whats written in the txt file
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2009, 09:21 AM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Right-click > open with [music software].

You can also embed text into sound files by saving them as .txt files. There's also a way of embedding songs in sound files saved as .txt files, which I'm going to try as a 'secret track' at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2009, 10:45 AM   #26
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
i mainly wonder if it makes any difference whats written in the txt file

A friend of mine feeds text patterns through old fax machines and then records the beats
and sounds they produce, so I would say it's possible. The printouts look like Ascii art.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth