Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page moving out/back home
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.11.2008, 12:19 PM   #1
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
hey dudes...im just wondering what age people were when they moved away from their parents or how old they are if they're still living at home...ive been living away for a while now and certain circumstances brought me back to ma duke's house...im 26 and kinda bumming about it seeing as ill probably be here a couple more years till school is finished...so...who escaped and when?
Old 10.11.2008, 01:22 PM   #2
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i left home at 18 to go to school across country. i spend summers at home.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 02:04 PM   #3
greenbird
bad moon rising

greenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's asses
Left when I was 17, I go home once or twice a year for a weekend/christmas
greenbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 02:06 PM   #4
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Im 22 still living at home and i am a loser. I lived with my grandmother for a long while though and only been back home since my mid teens. but yes... im only thinking of moving out now this year. I can barely afford it but just know i have to it just worries me that im going to be stuck for the rest of my life just trying to make rent and feed myself. that or i'll be dead

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 02:30 PM   #5
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i'm nineteen and still live at home, no reason to move out since my school is ten minutes away. i'll probably stay at home untill my life is a bit steady.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 02:40 PM   #6
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
i feel you auto-aim...i have alot of friends in just that situation, and i was almost there myself...it doesnt make them losers or necessarily unhappy, but they'll probably not ever be making more money than just enough to feed themselves and rent the pseudo-squat they live in...not that monetary gain is the only goal in life, but the slightest bit of security can make life much, much easier...thats why im back in school/temporarily back home
Old 10.11.2008, 04:23 PM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know when I'm going to move out. I don't plan on leaving Liverpool for university, so I'll stay put living between my parents for a while. Maybe I'll move in with somebody eventually but I'm in no hurry, I have ages to live my life.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 04:25 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I think it is embarrassing that American culture defines success by how far away you can distance yourself from your family physically, financially and emotionally. That is not the way it is supposed to be. Family is forever, and it is a single unit of interconnectedness.

In the pre-American days, you build your house on your family's property to keep it all in the family, so that the wealth you accumulate contributes to the over-all good of the entire family.

or you could be like my oldest sister and not answer your phone for two years and be a real successful american..

further, people in the US, particularly in Los Angeles, move out of their parents house only to pay an exorbitant amount of rent to have room at a house with a bunch of people they barely know.. is that really independence?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 04:28 PM   #9
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I think it is embarrassing that American culture defines success by how far away you can distance yourself from your family physically, financially and emotionally. That is not the way it is supposed to be. Family is forever, and it is a single unit of interconnectedness.

In the pre-American days, you build your house on your family's property to keep it all in the family, so that the wealth you accumulate contributes to the over-all good of the entire family.

or you could be like my oldest sister and not answer your phone for two years and be a real successful american..

further, people in the US, particularly in Los Angeles, move out of their parents house only to pay an exorbitant amount of rent to have room at a house with a bunch of people they barely know.. is that really independence?

Well said.
Old 10.11.2008, 04:28 PM   #10
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Suchfriends: not everyone has a family like yours. I would do ANYTHING to get out of this house and away from my parents.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 04:30 PM   #11
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I repped you for this post. However, I accidently hit the enter key halfway through, so my explanation probably means nothing!
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 04:34 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Suchfriends: not everyone has a family like yours. I would do ANYTHING to get out of this house and away from my parents.

if your family is so bad, why run away from them? shouldn't you try to help your family, who raised you regardless of how good or bad of a job they did?

it has been said, you become mature and an adult when you finally learn to forgive your parents.

Old 10.11.2008, 04:36 PM   #13
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
if your family is so bad, why run away from them? shouldn't you try to help your family, who raised you regardless of how good or bad of a job they did?

it has been said, you become mature and an adult when you finally learn to forgive your parents.

I can't forgive my parents for the crap they've done. Sorry. I guess I'll stay a kid forever.
Old 10.11.2008, 04:43 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
I can't forgive my parents for the crap they've done. Sorry. I guess I'll stay a kid forever.

what will be must be, but I assure that one day down the road you will understand what I am talking about in regards to forgiveness, in particular to your parents. Life is not one long, vengeful KoRn song, by holding the grudge against your parents you are only hurting yourself in the long run, emotionally, psychologically and even physically.

Old 10.11.2008, 04:45 PM   #15
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
SuchFriends... speaks wise words.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 04:46 PM   #16
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
SuchFriends... speaks wise words.

Quote:
Even if your daddy fucked you in the ass, you will still forgive him, all the people I know who have had those experiences did..

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Old 10.11.2008, 04:51 PM   #17
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Quote:
what will be must be, but I assure that one day down the road you will understand what I am talking about in regards to forgiveness, in particular to your parents. Life is not one long, vengeful KoRn song, by holding the grudge against your parents you are only hurting yourself in the long run, emotionally, psychologically and even physically.

I don't think so.
I don't have to forgive my parents for anything, even for myself. Because I am fine the way things are.
Old 10.11.2008, 04:53 PM   #18
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself

damn, I tried to change that grossly insensitive remark, but you got me quoted!

Old 10.11.2008, 04:57 PM   #19
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Quote:
damn, I tried to change that grossly insensitive remark, but you got me quoted!

Haha it was just too funny to miss. If only you'd been around to write a book of the bible..
Old 10.11.2008, 08:32 PM   #20
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Haha it was just too funny to miss. If only you'd been around to write a book of the bible..

thats true, it would be in Hyphy instead of hebrew.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth