Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Neonazi rabid dogs pissed off at an imminent Obama victory
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.11.2008, 04:47 PM   #61
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe you don't get what I'm saying here.
RELIGION IS THE REASON THIS COUNTRY CAN'T BE PUT BACK TOGETHER.
Everyone fighting over which religion is correct, what one is right... What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what religion you're following. The fact that religions endorse themselves and shun all others is what's ripping this country apart and ensures the fact that humanity will never come to peace. Ever. Unless we get something fixed when it comes to religion, that is. Which is highly unlikely. Christians are IGNORANT when it comes to realizing that. Guess what, so are muslims. So are catholics. You make take this as an insult, whatever, I don't care. this world would be so much better without religion wars and whatnot.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 04:52 PM   #62
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Maybe you don't get what I'm saying here.
RELIGION IS THE REASON THIS COUNTRY CAN'T BE PUT BACK TOGETHER.
Everyone fighting over which religion is correct, what one is right... What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what religion you're following. The fact that religions endorse themselves and shun all others is what's ripping this country apart and ensures the fact that humanity will never come to peace. Ever. Unless we get something fixed when it comes to religion, that is. Which is highly unlikely. Christians are IGNORANT when it comes to realizing that. Guess what, so are muslims. So are catholics. You make take this as an insult, whatever, I don't care. this world would be so much better without religion wars and whatnot.

partially correct. It seems obvious to me that religion is used as a pretext in these situations, and the real motivations, be it the Crusades, the Inquisition, or the Holocaust, were all financial. It is not necessarily religion that motivates folks to kill each other, it is usually money.

When William Prince of Orange rebelled against the Pope establishing Protestantism as his state religion, it was not because he and the other protestants hated the religion Rome, it was because they hated paying taxes and tithes to the Pope, there is a big difference.

I'm with you on religious wars, but don't you understand that challenging people's religions will only create MORE religious wars, not less?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 04:53 PM   #63
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
You've gotta challenge religion. Or there is no fixing anything. Period. You've gotta challenge what you think should be changed, or everything will stay the same forever. I don't have a problem with christians, I just think they're wrong in thinking their religion is the REAL and CORRECT religion. I say the same thing about muslims. Ignorance, as I've said.
Old 10.11.2008, 04:57 PM   #64
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
You've gotta challenge religion. Or there is no fixing anything. Period. You've gotta challenge what you think should be changed, or everything will stay the same forever. I don't have a problem with christians, I just think they're wrong in thinking their religion is the REAL and CORRECT religion. I say the same thing about muslims. Ignorance, as I've said.

I also agree with you here.

Old 10.11.2008, 05:26 PM   #65
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Ya know, until recently, I was all for religious tolerance. Recently, mostly with the rise of Ms. Palin, I've changed my mind.

Ya know, the earth is NOT 7000 years old. If you believe this, you are deluded and at least partially insane.

Ya know, if you're going to believe in the bible, you really shouldn't pick and choose. If you believe in a strict interpretation of the bible, you shouldn't eat pork and, by extension, shouldn't play football (I'm not sure, do they still use actual pig skin?) To the best of my knowledge, nothing in the New Testament 'undoes' the Old.

If you don't believe in evolution, how do you account for drug resistant bacteria?

No, I've come to believe that these fundamentalist Christians are dangerous.

I've also come to believe there really is only one problem with the United States society: lack of consideration for other people. As others have noted, everyone believes they are correct and those who believe something else is not worthy of consideration.

I think we have to stop thinking this is the greatest country on the planet. We need to really embrace 'think globally, act locally' not just with the environment but also regarding the economy and society.

I think we have to stop thinking "me and my family first". What's good is protecting you and your own, when the rest of the world is crumbling to ash?

I don't know, did Gene Roddenberry leave us a road map on how to get to the world of Star Trek? I think getting rid of profit and money will do a lot to cure our society.

And remember, everyone is entitled to MY beliefs.
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 06:11 PM   #66
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWqgD7lGneU
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 06:26 PM   #67
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
I would gladly give up my future dictatorship to Aaron Sorkin. I only watched some of the last couple of seasons but it was a great show.
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 06:39 PM   #68
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
The only way to kill religion is by proving aliens exist.

The government is covering that up nicely though, because without religion as a scapegoat for their financial based 'holy' wars...what would they do?

Probably blame it on the aliens...but then again...there is a certain religion that may benifit from the revelation of that information...

hmm...
vicious cycle?

do drugs. don't worry. be happy.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 06:53 PM   #69
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo

do drugs. don't worry. be happy.

Shit, thats the fucking American way! that and eating bleached flour!

Old 10.11.2008, 06:58 PM   #70
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
I eat wheat flour you cunt. & drugs aren't the American way, that's why we go visit Amsterdam.

Edit: on second thought, I'm not the typical American and am not defending my country. Just myself.
Old 10.11.2008, 06:59 PM   #71
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

I eat whole wheat too.
Old 10.11.2008, 07:14 PM   #72
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I eat wheat flour you cunt. & drugs aren't the American way, that's why we go visit Amsterdam.

Edit: on second thought, I'm not the typical American and am not defending my country. Just myself.

go to the market, look at the ingredients of all the "american" food, its bleached flour. illegal or not, go up into 7 out of 10 houses on the block, you'll find a stash of some kind of drug in that motherfucker, and at least 1 out of 10 will be the dealer!

Old 10.11.2008, 07:15 PM   #73
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

ezekiel bread.

and are you giving me shit about drugs on a sonic youth message board?
Old 10.11.2008, 08:28 PM   #74
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
ezekiel bread.

and are you giving me shit about drugs on a sonic youth message board?

I think you misunderstood me there, I was being facetious.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth