Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Groundwater Music
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.15.2007, 03:47 PM   #1
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Groundwater Music
http://www.groundwatermusic.com
This thread will be continuously updated in regards to the site progress.

SITE STATUS
Groundstaff is working
Groundnews is working
Groundchoice is working
Groundwater is being finalized
Groundrob has a mock-up
Groundbreak has a mock-up
Groundwrite has a mock-up

WHAT IS GROUNDWATER?
Groundwater is a music review site primarily run by Sonic Youth Gossip members, and a few others. Our focus is on underground artists in general.
SECTIONS OF GROUNDWATER CONTROL PANEL
Groundwater is the homepage

Groundwrite is the section where you can add reviews and interviews. They will be approved and added to the main page once the main page is finally up

Groundchoice is a dynamic system that will allow you to update a "recommended artists" list with the click of a button. I will include many different genres and about 10-15 recommended artists/songs/albums for each.

Groundnews allows you submit news articles for the homepage

Groundbreak is an error reporting system

Groundrob is to send a message to administration. No real need for us on SY because we can contact each other easily, but for those not on the board

Groundstaff is a staff directory with contact information

YOUR ACCOUNTS
A staff login is now available! Although the Control panel will be in development for a long time, there are portions of it that are functioning. Send me a PM with your real name and desired password and I'll hook you up with a staff account.

example:
Name: rbastien
Password: yourpassword

I'm looking forward to seeing reviews! If you're planning to go into journalism and want to use the site as a reference, just send me a message and I'll hook you up with a phone number and address.

Take it easy,
Rob
Old 02.15.2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I already have a couple of short reviews written up that I'll pad out soon. I'm still waiting on a reply from Steve about the interview.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 03:55 PM   #3
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Okay great man! Sounds awesome. I just worked on it for 4 hours, and now I'm taking a break. As soon as I'm done the site completely I'm totally contacting Hot Cross and seeing if they'd do an interview .
Old 02.15.2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Thanks for the review! I'll have it up as soon as the home page is done; I just have to complete the control panel first
Old 02.15.2007, 05:48 PM   #5
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i have monday night for my picture taking. how will i get those up there, just on groundwrite?
Old 02.15.2007, 05:50 PM   #6
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
yeah, i have monday night for my picture taking. how will i get those up there, just on groundwrite?

yep! just upload them and paste the links into the area. Yeah, I guess I should make it a textbox, I'll go fix that as soon as I get home. Thankies! Eventually I'll add a button to the control panel that directly uploads them, it will make it much, much easier!
Old 02.15.2007, 10:08 PM   #7
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
I have a few things I could review.

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2007, 03:07 AM   #8
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i can review a few gigs i'll be going to over spring break (Isis and Lightning Bolt).
Old 02.16.2007, 08:20 AM   #9
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Right on Rob, site looks sweet! I didn't know you were still working on this. I thought it had died like so many other sonic ideas. I thought I had created my username already, but don't recall password. PM me my info if you have it so I can contribute or something. You rock!

Thanks! I'll pm it to you as soon as I find it. Haha and yeah, it's Groundwater wave 2. But this time I have the sufficient funds, more experience, and patience unlike last time!
Old 02.16.2007, 11:46 AM   #10
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
E-mail me, Rob. I lack the PM function but I have a ton of stuff already written up for you.

Hayden(underscore)Asche(at)Hotmail(dot)com
Old 02.17.2007, 12:45 AM   #11
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Alright

I recreated pretty much everyone's accounts from the previous attempt at the site, so you can all log in with your old passwords. If you forgot it, just send me a PM. I seemed to lose Haydenasche's and Dazedcola's password though, so I'll email Hayden and PM dazed.

So the following are working:
jryan
ebent
dfitzgerald
jswitzer
bgreen
ataitague
mhassan
tweber
jmarks

I'm working on the control panel and home page quite a bit tomorrow. I'm hoping to have half of the buttons working!
Old 02.17.2007, 12:55 PM   #13
Inhuman
invito al cielo

For sure! I'm hoping that everyone from last time is still in!
Old 02.18.2007, 04:20 PM   #14
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Updated. Added groundrob, groundbreak, added dazedcola to the staff list, and am currently building the recommendation system
Old 02.18.2007, 10:29 PM   #15
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
hey, i hardly read the board anymore. so dont know the progress on this and such. id like to be a staff member, but contributing only a small amount due to time constraits. also nowadays all i am listening to is noise so reviews will be in that vein... (with exceptions maybe).
Old 02.19.2007, 08:04 AM   #16
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
hey, i hardly read the board anymore. so dont know the progress on this and such. id like to be a staff member, but contributing only a small amount due to time constraits. also nowadays all i am listening to is noise so reviews will be in that vein... (with exceptions maybe).

Well that's fine, you can still review. If you're really into Noise, then focus on noise reviews. It's all good as long as the review's not bias. PM me and I'll hook you up with one.

I just recently did an MD5 (Message Digest 5) on everyone's password, so they're SECURE.
Old 02.19.2007, 09:24 AM   #17
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
i want an account
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 11:56 AM   #18
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
alright, i'd love to contribute but now i don't much time lately, so i'll try to contribute something, but be patient. if this doesn't work for you, i don't mind if you bump my position for someone else.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 02:45 PM   #19
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
alright, i'd love to contribute but now i don't much time lately, so i'll try to contribute something, but be patient. if this doesn't work for you, i don't mind if you bump my position for someone else.

No worries, I can add infinite staff members! It would be great if you help out. I just can't guarentee email addresses for all of you
Old 02.20.2007, 03:17 AM   #20
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
at deerhoof tonight when i was talking to greg i told him about groundwater and he said when he gets some free time he'll check us out.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth