Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Truth About Myspace
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.24.2006, 01:01 PM   #21
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
but why does it suck? it's not like you have to become freakin' emo just because you have a myspace account. everybody here could get a myspace and we could do everything we do here on it, but you just feel like you aren't selling out to the man as long as you stay away. the fact is, just because you use something, doesn't mean you sold your soul to it. I drive a VW, but that doesn't mean I have sold out to the multi-billion dollar corp. of volkswagon. same with myspace, it's serves a function, it's a cool way to stay in touch with people you don't always get to talk to or see all the time.
Ya I agree. It's just another "scene" that becomes associated with certain types of people, so someone has to create a counter-scene that dislikes everyone involved. I don't use myspace because I really don't have a use for it, but ultimately there's nothing wrong with it. I complain about it often, but to be honest I think that's even worse than using it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2006, 01:06 PM   #22
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i really dont like how people use the word emo
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2006, 10:35 PM   #23
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Guilty by association. I'm aware you don't have to sell your soul and I don't think any do. My point is that there is so much crap on myspace and it, to me, has such a negative meaning that I would rather not become involved with it. It is a good way to keep in touch with bands and what not, but it also seems like too much mud to walk through just to get to the toilet.

yeah, but it's not. there is nothing to walk through. you just get on, see what messages you have, and whatever else you want to do, and get off. it's not like you have to trudge through a bunch of emo kids pages to get to somebody's who you know.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2006, 10:38 PM   #24
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
it's not like you have to trudge through a bunch of emo kids pages to get to somebody's who you know.
That was a mildly amusing mental image...
Old 06.24.2006, 10:41 PM   #25
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Agreed. I do think that myspace is useful for bands, but really I can't think of much more than that. As far as pissing off emo kids, well I've never really tried that out, I kinda view emo kids as a waste of time, and I'd rather waste time here or elsewhere than on myspace. Myspace just seems to me like tar pit of some kind, all these kids stuck in there while the big guys who created it are staring down at them, basking in their glory.

and since we are just having so much fun quoting each other, you really can't think of much more than that? cause you can message people, in a way similar to email, but easier, i think that counts...
Old 06.24.2006, 10:43 PM   #26
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
That was a mildly amusing mental image...

I thought so but seriously, people act like if you use myspace, you deal with emo kids all day, and the fact is, you don't. i haven't seen one in ages, and when I did, it was on purpose, just for a laugh...
Old 06.24.2006, 10:51 PM   #27
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

The biggest problem I have with myspace is those mass-sending girls/robots that say, "Hey I liked your profile. I'm new to myspace and just thought I'd add some friends. You seem kewl!" And then after I delete them, as they're decomposing in my deleted-messages bin, their name and picture change completely. I feel I'm doing my society a little bit of good by flagging them every time I get one.
Old 06.25.2006, 01:46 AM   #28
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Billy Bragg took all his music off myspace. Someone within his 'team' actually read the "acceptance form" to be a member of myspace, and it had in the clause, that any of your music or art work up on myspace, is the property of myspace. Which can be used for whatever purpose they want, without permission.

Interesting, I thought.
Old 06.25.2006, 01:47 AM   #29
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Billy Bragg took all his music off myspace. Someone within his 'team' actually read the "acceptance form" to be a member of myspace, and it had in the clause, that any of your music or art work up on myspace, is the property of myspace. Which can be used for whatever purpose they want, without permission.

Interesting, I thought.
that's messed up. but i dont care. i dont think they'll do shit with my music
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 09:32 AM   #30
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzarddd
myspace is gay,

Not my profile.
Old 06.26.2006, 05:16 PM   #31
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
this is funny
Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 04:25 PM   #32
Ripchord
the destroyed room

Ripchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzarddd
myspace is gay,
Your mother is gay.

ANYWAY, i use myspace but try to keep it simple, i don't like flashy ones, they hurt my eyes. Same with crazy angled pictures one right after the other.
Ripchord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2006, 04:45 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
BTW, they changed that clause. Now, whatever art or music you oput on can eb used to advertise myspace, but once you take it off it is the sole property of YOU, and if it is your art it is automatically copyrrighted anyway.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth