Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2013, 05:42 PM   #3041
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Alleluia!! Sweet by and by we were waiting for you to finally stop apologizing for that dirty ass player!!

i never "apologized." i enjoyed watching him but he took himself out of the game, the stupid fucker.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2013, 09:08 PM   #3042
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Suarez, the cheating racist we can't stop liking. Haha.

A team you should follow in the Prem? If you're basing it mainly on style of play, given the current managerial and player merrygoround, it's almost impossible to predict what almost any team will play like next season. And I can't think of any real standouts among those looking a bit more stable. But this isn't a vintage period in the prem, quality-wise, anyway, so whoever you choose will likely frustrate you more than anything else. The team that most intrigues me for next season, though, is Man City with Pellegrini (we assume), just because I really have no idea what to expect. Failing that, West Ham, obviously.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2013, 08:25 AM   #3043
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
An interesting article on Mancini's apparent fallout with his players.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...nd-relief.html
Old 05.15.2013, 08:54 AM   #3044
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
for teams in the prem i really enjoy watching Swansea and Arsenal but i also like Everton and Fulham and Southampton too for some reason
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2013, 09:17 AM   #3045
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Arsenal have driven me to distraction this past couple of seasons. They now seem to represent all that's bad about the Barca-style and less and less of what's good about it.
Old 05.15.2013, 03:01 PM   #3046
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Benfica are playing some lovely stuff
Old 05.15.2013, 03:38 PM   #3047
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

To be fair so are Chelsea
Old 05.15.2013, 04:32 PM   #3048
demonrail666
invito al cielo

And Torres decides to score in a final again. Whatever else we may say about him, he never disappears in the big games.
Old 05.15.2013, 06:24 PM   #3049
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
he took himself out of the game, the stupid fucker.

Other players have had similar length bans without damaging their career and even the most well behaved ones can get an injury and be out for just as long or longer. Rightly or wrongly, the only thing that'll ruin Suarez's career is a sudden decline in his ability on the pitch.
Old 05.15.2013, 06:40 PM   #3050
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
Swansea and Arsenal

see, i like how those teams play but they kind of suck when it comes to scoring.

michu is great, a pleasure to see him on the pitch, but for what i've seen swansea can dominate a game and lose it.

re: arsenal, i could have liked them, but started the season "following" liverpool more or less. ah, liverpool! what a disappointment. but yeah, i think wenger is a fine coach, i think santi cazorla is great, but i can't stand fuckups like gervinho who insist on kicking the ball anywhere but into the net. what frustration.

but yeah they are both kind of to my taste actually, except they don't score goals ha ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Arsenal have driven me to distraction this past couple of seasons. They now seem to represent all that's bad about the Barca-style and less and less of what's good about it.

kindly elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
Benfica are playing some lovely stuff

ah, i can't get them here. i should try to find a way.

Quote:
Other players have had similar length bans without damaging their career and even the most well behaved ones can get an injury and be out for just as long or longer. Rightly or wrongly, the only thing that'll ruin Suarez's career is a sudden decline in his ability on the pitch.

really? but what happens the next time he gets caught and they give him a 20 match suspension? i mean, injuries are involuntary, but with suarez you get what, 1/2 player per year?

in the bundesliga this guy... what's his name... paolo guerrero (ex-bayern, then hamburg), was suspended 10 dates for a horrible foul last year... he now plays in brazil.

i wouldn't pay top money for a player as unreliable as suarez. great when he's there-- 2 out of 3? how many dates on the prem? how many did he miss?

the horror...
Old 05.15.2013, 06:52 PM   #3051
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
kindly elaborate?

They've become synonymous with playing quite clever but ultimately ineffective football. It's amazing they're still in contention for a CL place.

Quote:
really? but what happens the next time he gets caught and they give him a 20 match suspension? i mean, injuries are involuntary, but with suarez you get what, 1/2 player per year?

in the bundesliga this guy... what's his name... paolo guerrero (ex-bayern, then hamburg), was suspended 10 dates for a horrible foul last year... he now plays in brazil.

i wouldn't pay top money for a player as unreliable as suarez. great when he's there-- 2 out of 3? how many dates on the prem? how many did he miss?

I don't know much about Guerrero but I'll bet he was a disappointment in other areas, otherwise I'm sure another top side in Europe would've taken a risk on him. Look at Balotelli.
Old 05.15.2013, 07:02 PM   #3052
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
They've become synonymous with playing quite clever but ultimately ineffective football. It's amazing they're still in contention for a CL place.

right! that's what frustrates me about them. for all that pretty play-- score some fucking goals!

Quote:
I don't know much about Guerrero but I'll bet he was a disappointment in other areas, otherwise I'm sure another top side in Europe would've taken a risk on him. Look at Balotelli.

nah, he was hamburg's first striker and he plays in the peruvian national team. he also scored the winning goals for corinthians in the club world cup recently when they beat chelsea. the germans just got tired of his fucking shenanigans.
Old 05.16.2013, 06:14 AM   #3053
demonrail666
invito al cielo

That doesn't really happen here. There are problem players who are let go but not usually when they're at the top of their game, unless some other team (as happened with Balotelli) are willing to pay top prices for them. Although I suppose the argument there is whether a player like Balotelli was sold for his real worth, as a player. But they remain in work, usually at a club and at a price that reflects their playing skill rather than their personal issues. There's always a manager who thinks he can tame them and they're usually the ones to get sacked when they can't, rather than the player.
Old 05.16.2013, 08:05 AM   #3054
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

well he was sold for good money i think. it wasn't just the 2012 suspension for a vicious foul, or that in 2010 he threw a bottle at a fan's face, or that he has fear of flying and panic attacks in mid-air, no. it was also a matter of economics (he wanted a higher salary and wasn't scoring enough to justify it). last i heard last december chelsea wanted to buy him off corinthians but in the end he stayed in brazil.

anyway, my search for a favorite prem team continues... maybe i'll begin again next year.
Old 05.16.2013, 09:07 AM   #3055
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
well he was sold for good money i think. it wasn't just the 2012 suspension for a vicious foul, or that in 2010 he threw a bottle at a fan's face, or that he has fear of flying and panic attacks in mid-air, no. it was also a matter of economics (he wanted a higher salary and wasn't scoring enough to justify it). last i heard last december chelsea wanted to buy him off corinthians but in the end he stayed in brazil.

Cantona got an 8 month ban for this, as well as a court conviction, and still carried on at Man U.
Old 05.16.2013, 11:08 AM   #3056
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Cantona got an 8 month ban for this, as well as a court conviction, and still carried on at Man U.

wow.

so you're saying that all those articles in english papers i've read calling for liverpool to get rid of suarez are all empty posturing bullshit?

my question is, at what point does a player become a liability, or, when does it become a waste of money to pay them bazillions to sit on the bench?

there's gotta be a breaking point. maybe there wasn't with cantona, but at some point, if expenses exceed revenues, it only makes sense....
Old 05.16.2013, 12:46 PM   #3057
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

anyway, my search for a favorite prem team continues... maybe i'll begin again next year.

Everton is the obvious answer OR just enjoy watching football, no matter what team is playing.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2013, 03:46 PM   #3058
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
wow.

so you're saying that all those articles in english papers i've read calling for liverpool to get rid of suarez are all empty posturing bullshit?

my question is, at what point does a player become a liability, or, when does it become a waste of money to pay them bazillions to sit on the bench?

there's gotta be a breaking point. maybe there wasn't with cantona, but at some point, if expenses exceed revenues, it only makes sense....

I don't think there's a reliable economic equation that can be applied to individual players, especially with clubs that are effectively run at a loss. The owner will probably have some vague idea when enough is enough but I don't think even they'd know what it's really based on, especially when things like ego and pride get involved.
Old 05.17.2013, 04:07 PM   #3059
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
OR just enjoy watching football, no matter what team is playing.

No way. That's the social worker's answer. It's boring if you don't support a team at least a little bit. Although I think it's maybe even more important for el symbols, if he's gonna get the most out of next season, that he also finds a few teams he can love seeing lose, and maybe a pet hate manager and player. I get almost as much satisfaction seeing a Redknapp team or Chelsea or Stoke lose, or Terry getting sent off, as I do watching West Ham win.

And speaking of Terry, did anyone else see him come out in full strip to lift a trophy after not even being on the bench again?!? For his haters, he really is the gift that never stops giving.

Old 05.17.2013, 04:22 PM   #3060
demonrail666
invito al cielo

103143150151152 153 154155156163203253 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth