Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Mark Greaney VS The Monkey Poo Poo Eaters
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.19.2008, 09:51 PM   #1
The Journalist Boy
empty page

The Journalist Boy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
It's Fun House Time!!!

Hello boys and girls my name is The Journalist boy and I have some very, very exciting NEWS!! Yes, boys and girls it's time to get out your bouncing castles and trampolines and jump, jump because Mark Greaney is back with a new band called Concerto For Constantine.

But!! there is still one very big question to be answered!'' Will Mark ever get the universal appreciation he deserves, or will the monkey poo poo eaters continue to take over the music world???

Well here is how the story has gone so far for Mr. Greaney!. Mark's true artistic baptism finally came to the front on the release of 2002's classic sophomore album, the grandiose and epic called I To Sky. Which was his second album, with his old band JJ72 for everybody in the world to see what a genius he is, and for JJ72 to finally get the appreciation they deserved!'' But then hell on earth happened in the music world, all the fat monkey poo eaters in the music industry lakota records, Sony records and many more........, got off ther fat bells and ran at the speed of Michael Johnson in a 400m sprint and killed one of the greatest albums and bands of all time!

I TO Sky! Where do I start, I will never forget the first time I heard I To Sky, I remember thinking what was that? A escape to some where different!'' I had never heard any music like it before. It was a boundary pusher, genuine and new. It was radically different to anything they had recorded up to that point. Radically different to anything anybody had recorded up to that point.
I always ask myself how did people not see what a astonishing work of art I To Sky was with all the great detail put into the art work, and with some of the best songs ever wrote like.....Nameless, Serpent Sky, Always and Forever, Brother Sleep, 7th Wave, City, Oiche Mhaith and my personal favourite SINKING! I still ask myself the same ??????????

But then one day recently I was looking up at the sky, listening to I To Sky and I think I found the answer! For me, I To Sky was a forbidden forest, a no - go zone for those of weak spirit and frail soul and that is why Mark Greaney will most likely be always one of the great lost geniuses of real alternative music. Which is great for very selfish me, but in saying that I pray he gets the appreciation he deserves and people see what a work of art, I To Sky is!!!

THE MONSTER MUNCH MAN GONZO!
I just feel sore anytime I see that Gonzo person on UK MTV2 talking about all those so called great new bands on MTV2 everyday. For me he is the new Louis Walsh/Satan and satan is very boring. And if you don't know who Gonzo is, he is the King of the monster munch eaters.

Real, Alternative Rock'n'Roll Music vs The MTV Groomed Poo Poo!
People need to get away from all that mtv monkey poo crap and listen to some real alternative Rock'n'Roll like...... Concerto For Constantine, JJ72, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Joy Division, The Velvet Underground, Iggy and Stooges, Big Black, Butthole Surfers, Antony & the Johnsons, Jeff Buckley, Sigur Ros, Smashing Pumpkins, PJ Harvey, Nick Cave, Nicke Drake, Patti Smith, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Cat Power, Deus, Mazzy Star, Sol Seppy, Bat For Lashes, Shellac, Jesus Lizard, The Melvins, Pagoda and The Soundtrack to Edward Scissorhands.
Then maybe someday real alternative, strange, beautiful, timeless Rock'n'Roll like Sonic Youth, Concerto for Constantine and JJ72 might get at least some of the appreciation it deserves.

Right finally, It's time for me to go home into the forbidden forests and get some of the golden apples of the sun and silver apples of the moon. I have always been a bit of a fruit junkie ever since, I was a little boy when I bought my very first albums called JJ72, Sonic Youth's Dirty and Nirvana's In Utero and changed my life.

Toffee apples & Love,
The Journalist Boy
The Journalist Boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Utter, utter prickery. I realise I can say what I like, without fear of redemption, because you shan't be posting again. Whatever or whoever you're talking about is, clearly, utter prickery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2008, 10:34 AM   #3
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Literally, LITERALLY LOL

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2008, 11:51 AM   #4
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I remember JJ72. They were shit.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2008, 11:57 AM   #5
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
didn't they have a sexy bassist? I think just a video or something made its way over here.
oh:

the guy on the left loos like hayden+atsonicpark mixed together.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2008, 12:31 PM   #6
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
The bassist was fit.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 12:33 AM   #7
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
Seriously, WTF. What is this guy on?
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth