Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What The Fuck Are You Eating????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.28.2015, 08:37 AM   #1181
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2015, 02:19 PM   #1182
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
an overbeaten chocolate cake that flattened in the middle but tastes great anyway

an organic roast chicken that tastes delicious and didn't splatter grease all over

a cheddar/green chile/red onion corn bread
Old 05.03.2015, 03:35 PM   #1183
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
try your corn bread with creamed corn.

try broccoli "raab", basically the sprouted left overs from last seasons crop harvested in the spring. My farmers market has had a lot of it, great steamed, sauteed or stir fried. Had some the other night with some popped and boiled quinoa.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2015, 11:30 PM   #1184
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

thanks! i have probably eaten creamed corn once in my life but now i'm curious.

the recipe i made was screaming for ham though. for some reason. diced ham in it.

i love broccoli rabe but i think that's a different vegetable. i did get some broccoli at the supermarket the other day with lots of leaves though. it was fantastic. i got distracted and charred it a little overmuch, ha ha.
Old 05.04.2015, 07:57 PM   #1185
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i made killer tacos tonight with my own guacamole (just some onions, a jalapeno, and lime juice) and AHHH. had some corn, zucchini, peppers, soy chorizo, jalapenos, radishes, a honey sriracha sauce i make, and the guac. it was delicious.
Old 05.04.2015, 08:33 PM   #1186
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ oh that sounds so yummy.

i had a bad experience today-- i've been cooking too much in advance and some stuff turned to shit in the fridge. like these cooked lentils that are over a week old. i put in the scoop to get some out and bubbles formed in the juice. im like wtf-- fermented. being a full primitive i tasted them anyway ha ha ha. wondering if fermented lentils might be a good thing. ate them a little, put some seasoning. they gave me heartburn. the dogs will eat them now. also some hardboiled eggs i cooked in advance started to turn slimy. and i actually ate this funky pasta sauce because it didn't make me sick earlier. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. i deserve a good dope slap.
Old 05.04.2015, 09:59 PM   #1187
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
fermented lentils?! i accidentally let some swiss chard go bad that i had, just totally forgot being out and about or at work lately. and a good half a pound of grated pecorino i have to use. and half a pint of greek yogurt, but i'm going to use that for breakfast tomorrow.
Old 05.04.2015, 11:31 PM   #1188
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ha ha yes. they weren't quite rotten yet but they were starting. a certain whiff-- a bit sour, but not yet bombed out ha ha ha.
Old 05.07.2015, 12:59 PM   #1189
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i used to hate broccoli and now i'm addicted. the main reason is that i started grilling or stir-frying it and eating it with olive oil and soy sauce. it's the tastiest thing. even if you steam it (don't boil it submerged, but use a basket) you can touch it up with a little char on a dry pan. a little char, not a massive burn, wow. but even if just steamed-- soy sauce + olive oil = gold. forget dairy with it (yogurt, cheese, etc = meh). i swear by this.

1. eh! can i call you chef anyway?

2. - the quinoa starter sounds amazing! i like a starter with protein, like an antipasto. so what if it's quinoa and not an animal--works fine. an advantage of the quinoa is that it gets you hungry right after-- so people will buy more dishes ha ha. if you want avocado as the center then use it for a salad then. i used to make an avocado and mango salad... amazing. i haven't had mangos in a while (not the season yet) but do a search for recipes & mod to your taste. it's a great summer taste-- you have a couple of months to develop it.

4. chicken tastes great-- even with just salt, if you reduce the skinfat & make it crispy.

5. sooooo.... did you watch the movie? eh??

6. ha ha "grotesque" pasta. so was it tasty, though? i'm curious. i still have a lot of whole wheat flour to use up.

but the thing-- you locked yourself out... twice? and had to pay for it why? and what did the cops do? damn damn damn. sounds hilarious though i'm sure you didn't have fun during that. most importantly-- you didn't smoke up the house did you? (i smoked up the house cooking chicken last week-- i didn't burn it-- just so much fat)

watched the movie. good stuff. makes me want to buy that book of bread.

no no. smoked it up on purpose. locked myself out on purpose second time. took police with me to have 'witness' (first time in my life I could actually need the 'help' of cops. haha. I had fun, not all the time though. landlord will pay for it.

uff...
am sick in bed since yesterday.
had weird caponata-fever dreams. if only i could remember what made it so colourful.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2015, 08:16 PM   #1190
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

chef, you post here too infrequently! i thought you were trapped outside and things caught fire, ha ha. sorry if you're having trouble with the landlord-- that's what it sounds like.

i have a tassajara cookbook i got from a friend who was moving. it's nice. it's not the same as the bread one but it has a chapter on baked stuff. do you know where the thing was shot? looked great. my favorite part is when the guy talks about "sincerity" and letting the imperfections show.

get better!

--

@ ilducio - i got a can of creamed corn today! let's see what happens... i need some ham though. ham and cheese go great with corn.

--

i just made a rice pudding that came out great. i put a cinnamon stick, some cloves, a few cardamom pods, and full-cream organic milk. the first time i made this the rice was hard (crunchy) but this time i added the sugar once the rice was cooked and it turned out awesome.
Old 05.11.2015, 01:48 PM   #1191
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

eggs and spinach with creamed corn.

watt?

yes. first time eating creamed corn, it turns out! looks like vomit ha ha ha. opened the can to find not kernels but a sweet mush. did not put it in my cornbread--instead i used ham + onions for the bread.

today looking for something for lunch the cornpuke saved me on teh carb front. the spinach hides the pale yellow goo so it works. the sweet goes well w/ egg yolks.
Old 05.11.2015, 05:47 PM   #1192
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

oh, no to creamed corn. but creamed spinach i'll eat.

one of the sushi guys goofed around at work when it was slow, and took salmon skin and made cracklin' of sort from it, and put it in a sushi roll with tuna, yellowtail, and avocado. i have some left i'm eating, and a whole side of the salmon cracklin'. sooo good and crunchy. i miss chicharrones.

for dinner i'm going to make chicken breast wrapped in proscuitto and mozzarella with a salad. it was a publix recipe card. i'm lazy.
Old 05.11.2015, 06:17 PM   #1193
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

don't know creamed spinach. as for creamed corn i think that was first & last. unless something.

that roll sounds yummy. love the crispy salmon skin.

CHICHARRONES! they is GOOOD. when you get a slow cooker i'll teach you to make carnitas. supereasy really. i mean, just press "on". ha ha.

re: lazy. lazyness is the best. must be enjoyed deeply though. polluting it with guilt only spoils it.
Old 05.11.2015, 09:37 PM   #1194
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i like corn in stuff, but i can't eat it alone. no way.

creamed spinach is amazing. cream, parmesan, white pepper. oh yeah.

and I NEED A SLOW COOKER. i want to make coca cola pork- so tender and good whenever my friend makes it.

the chicken came out great. i was mainly making it to impress a guy and it worked.
Old 05.11.2015, 09:43 PM   #1195
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i like corn in stuff, but i can't eat it alone. no way.

go to a mexican supermarket and get an elote con crema (steamed/boiled corn stuck on a stick, covered in cream, chile piquín... maybe some queso... i forget the name... oh hot damn).

--> queso COTIJA

ps- don't let them put mayo on it-- it's some disgraceful cheapo bastardization and a crime

Quote:
creamed spinach is amazing. cream, parmesan, white pepper. oh yeah.

oh i see. some kind of "florentine" thing. sounds nice. spinach + dairy = gold

Quote:
and I NEED A SLOW COOKER. i want to make coca cola pork- so tender and good whenever my friend makes it.

yes you do. some things you can only do in those. i got one for $30 at costco. but maybe get a small one at like walrats or something. just make sure it's decent so it doesn't set your house on fire.

Quote:
the chicken came out great. i was mainly making it to impress a guy and it worked.

ha ha ha-- then it was probably overkill
Old 05.11.2015, 10:24 PM   #1196
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

haha. i mean, he's into food (he's a manager at trader joes, which is how we met) and cooking, so it just seemed appropriate to try and show off.

yeah, i'd rather not have the apartment i'm illegally subleasing burn up in flames. i want to get into making stocks and stews eventually.

who puts mayo on corn?!

oh cotija. i used to buy blocks and eat it straight up from a little bodega around the corner from me. there's no real hispanic grocery here but i can prob special order it if i really wanted. miss that stuff.
Old 05.11.2015, 10:24 PM   #1197
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

tomorrow i want to get some cabbage and make stuffed rolls
Old 05.12.2015, 06:51 AM   #1198
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
chef, you post here too infrequently!.

asparagus everywhere man,
asparagus everywhere
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2015, 08:47 AM   #1199
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
haha. i mean, he's into food (he's a manager at trader joes, which is how we met) and cooking, so it just seemed appropriate to try and show off.

ha ha ha-- it would have been sufficient with your person, now he'll never recover

Quote:
yeah, i'd rather not have the apartment i'm illegally subleasing burn up in flames. i want to get into making stocks and stews eventually.

or yogurt-- or any sort of confits (which of course include carnitas)

Quote:
who puts mayo on corn?!

swine, that's who

Quote:
oh cotija. i used to buy blocks and eat it straight up from a little bodega around the corner from me. there's no real hispanic grocery here but i can prob special order it if i really wanted. miss that stuff.

it's sure there's a supermarket where the mexicanos shop. maybe it's a walmart, maybe it's something else. in any case, CREMA is the real key to this-- i'd say the cheese is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
asparagus everywhere man,
asparagus everywhere

oh yes! it's the season...

i'm going to resist making a rabelaisian joke here. i'm told my sense of humor is too grotesque.
Old 05.12.2015, 01:34 PM   #1200
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

asparagus. ahhh. give me it all.

and aw, shucks. it was a fun dinner; we played chess, too. swoon. but that's neither here nor there. it's his turn to cook next time, though.

i found where the hispanics shop here in town! next week is cotija time, when i don't have any trips or work too late to make proper dinner..

how's making greek yogurt?

i made guacamole this morning to put on a fried egg.
50575859 60 61626370 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth