Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee in "The Morning Line"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2009, 03:58 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Pitchfork: You and [twin brother and fellow National member] Aaron [Dessner] are also doing a multimedia piece, The Long Count, at BAM in October. What can you tell us about it? It sounds really interesting and mysterious.

Bryce Dessner: Yeah, I think it is interesting and mysterious. Those are good adjectives. The National played at BAM for a few shows in February 2008, and at that time we met Joe Melillo, who is the director of the Opera House. He's commissioned tons of new music. Their Next Wave Festival every fall is-- in the States, anyway-- one of the primary places that commissions new work in theater, dance, music, and collaborations.

I had been working with this visual artist named Matthew Ritchie, who does these big sculptural installations and paintings and some film. I worked with him on this sound installation called "The Morning Line" that happened in Spain last year. It was a big, massive, multi-channel, 58-speaker sound structure, basically. Really, really interesting. And he asked me to both write the music for it and help find other people who would. Riceboy Sleeps, the guy from Sigur Ros' side project, did a piece for it. And Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth did a big multi-guitar piece. I did a piece. Bruce Gilbert from Wire did a piece. Tons of people were involved, and it was just really fun working on it, doing something really freeform

http://www.matthewritchie.com/morningline/flash.php
Moshe is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
where's my lovely creamy super english boys ...
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 08:51 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
^Gayest Diesel post ever.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth