Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Thread where we recommend each other weird minimal wave/synth tracks and albums
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.05.2013, 04:30 AM   #41
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
if anyone is interested in this stuff you can find a lot off the Blackest Ever Black comps/mixtapes. you can find them around.

pretty sure there might be better comps than those.

The guy who runs it also does a very good radio show on the radio station I work at. He plays quite a lot of minimal synth/post punk on his shows.

http://ntslive.co.uk/shows/blackest-ever-black/
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2020, 03:49 PM   #42
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Alan Licht’s Minimal Top 10 List #4

“A few weeks ago, near the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, my friend Mats Gustafsson sent out a mass email encouraging people to send him record lists to post on the “Discaholics” section of his website–top tens, favorite covers, anything. I immediately thought of the first 3 Minimal Top Ten lists I did back in 1995, 1997, and 2007 respectively, for the fanzine Halana (the first two) and Volcanic Tongue’s website (the third), and sent them to him. Those articles have sort of taken on a life of their own, and I still see them referenced as the albums get reissued and so on. Occasionally people ask me if I’d ever do another one, and looking at all three again made me think now is the hour. I started writing this in the midst of the lockdown, and the drastic reductions in people’s way of life—the restriction of any activity outside the home to the bare essentials, the relative stasis of life in quarantine, even the visual stasis of a Zoom meeting—make revisiting Minimal music, with its aesthetic of working within limitations and hallmarks of repetition and drones, somehow timely as well.“
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth