Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Andrew Bird "Anonanimal"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.26.2009, 01:27 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
anonanimal

I saw this dude on Austin City Limits the other day.. I did not previously dig this dudes tunes, they weren't bad, a bit more mellowdramatic than I prefer, but that Austin City Limits performance from this past June 09 was phenominal. That shit had serious TEETH! the electric guitars made a world of difference.. this tune just so eloquently captures the feel and vibe of my life.. I can't stop listening to it..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2009, 01:32 PM   #2
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i've been a fan of him for a while now and i agree with you, i love how his stuff has evolved over the past few years. going to see one of his solo shows in november and i'm really looking forward to it! the stuff he does alone on stage (switching between violin, guitar, singing, whistling) is pretty damn amazing to watch.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2009, 01:40 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
i've been a fan of him for a while now and i agree with you, i love how his stuff has evolved over the past few years. going to see one of his solo shows in november and i'm really looking forward to it! the stuff he does alone on stage (switching between violin, guitar, singing, whistling) is pretty damn amazing to watch.

yr lucky.. I was listening to other performances from this years tour, they all have those teeth.. I am going to buy some live shit from this year, it is the best I have heard of anything he has done ever.. the fierceness and edge of these performances because of the emphasis on electric guitars adds the perfect dynamic to his energy. For me, Andrew Bird does with the violin what Shannon Wright does with the piano, bring a rather unorthodox instrument to the table of some more hardcore, guitar oriented music.

though when Shannon worked with Yann Tiersen it was perfection adding strings to her piano

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2009, 01:52 PM   #4
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
yr lucky.. I was listening to other performances from this years tour, they all have those teeth.. I am going to buy some live shit from this year, it is the best I have heard of anything he has done ever.. the fierceness and edge of these performances because of the emphasis on electric guitars adds the perfect dynamic to his energy. For me, Andrew Bird does with the violin what Shannon Wright does with the piano, bring a rather unorthodox instrument to the table of some more hardcore, guitar oriented music.

though when Shannon worked with Yann Tiersen it was perfection adding strings to her piano

here is a link to a show that has been recorded, it was broadcasted on the radio so the quality is better than the average youtube livevideo. i tend to prefer his live versions over album versions, he always does something different in them... i put this show on a cd some time ago.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth