Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Last night at the Greek
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.21.2007, 07:24 PM   #1
iminsane
little trouble girl

iminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud of
who else was at the show last night? the encore was:

incinerate
reena
do you believe in rapture?
jams run free
pink steam
(break)
or

i thought they should have thrown in an older song or 2 but the fact that they played "or" made up for it. daydream nation was excellent.
iminsane is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 07:30 PM   #2
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminsane
who else was at the show last night? the encore was:

i thought they should have thrown in an older song or 2 but the fact that they played "or" made up for it. daydream nation was excellent.

That encore is amazing. I was really hoping for Pink Steam and Or at Pitchfork....but then again I wasn't at the time due to my dehydration and several sores. Incinerate, Reena and Jams was perfect for that night. I am quite envious of that encore, though.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 08:36 PM   #3
iminsane
little trouble girl

iminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud ofiminsane has much to be proud of
yeah it was quite cool. oh and mark ibold played bass for the encore as well
Old 07.21.2007, 08:37 PM   #4
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I sat two rows in front where Steve and Mark sat during the Red Kross performance. Some douche had to ask Mark to get up off his seat.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 10:15 PM   #5
iminsane
little trouble girl

where did they sit? i saw steve before the show talking to a security guard
Old 07.21.2007, 10:15 PM   #6
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
In the A section, on thurston side.
Old 07.21.2007, 10:25 PM   #7
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm, kind of disappointed by the encore, it was said in previous posts that they played "Rather Ripped" songs for the encore so it wasn't a surprise, perhaps that's part of the problem. Such an epic set deserved and epic encore song like "Diamond Sea", that would have made the night flawless, oh well, hearing "Teenage Riot", and "Hey Joni" can hardly make for a disappointing night.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 10:57 PM   #8
iminsane
little trouble girl

i was hoping for diamond sea, or at least schizophrenia or something everyone would totally go crazy over...but the rather ripped stuff worked really well.
Old 07.21.2007, 10:58 PM   #9
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

I would have loved schizophrenia.
Old 07.21.2007, 11:02 PM   #10
iminsane
little trouble girl

yeah...i was thinking maybe as the second encore they would play it. but "or" blew me away so i was satisfied with that

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth