Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.19.2016, 11:56 PM   #101
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
By the way, I've always really liked this weirdass 1940's-Batman-cowl-goes-biblical one as far as alt covers for Yeezus go. It just creeps me out and I love it.

I also did this minimal (and somehow official) cartoon art that was featured on the iTunes version of the album. This totally could have worked on a har copy release, and would have been great for the vinyl.

Then there's this one, obviously done by someone Fucking around with a geometric photo app. It definitely needs some workshopping, but it's a cool idea.

REALLY hoping he doesn't just use the Al Day art from the abandoned "So Help Me God" as the album cover this time around. But whatever happens, my body is in a perpetual state of low frequency vibration in anticipation for this album.

As I said time and time again, with increasing frustration, as 2014 and 2015 slogged on by, I have been so excited for this release that almost everything else (except for Syro of course), felt like little more than a consolation prize. I am so fucking excited, I feel like I'm aging in reverse, back to my first Christmas.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2016, 12:22 AM   #102
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
This is on his Soundcloud. Possible Swish cover art?

Old 01.20.2016, 01:21 AM   #103
Severian
invito al cielo

Did anyone know that Gravediggaz released a new album on Christmas?
Gave it a very brief preview, and it sounded like it had some decent moments.
Old 01.20.2016, 09:34 AM   #104
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Did anyone know that Gravediggaz released a new album on Christmas?
Gave it a very brief preview, and it sounded like it had some decent moments.

no. Nor can I find any info about such a new album. What is it?
Old 01.20.2016, 12:02 PM   #105
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
no. Nor can I find any info about such a new album. What is it?

Oh, fuck that man, sorry- that was just Spotify being Spotify. While thumbing through the "new releases" I saw the name Gravediggaz on my phone. I held my finger on the album and and all these boxes popped up, containing tracks for quick preview. I moved my thumb around and played literally a couple seconds of a couple tracks and didn't realize until later that it was just Nightmare in A Minor.

I do not own that album and I'm not familiar with it so that didn't help, but Spotify was listing it as a 2015 release. Must have been given a reissue or something?

Anyway, I'm a dumbshit.
Old 01.20.2016, 01:42 PM   #106
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I hate when Spotify puts current year for old stuff. Ugh.

I think it's the "vinyl craze." Hey Spotify, just cuz an album that has been in print on CD for 20 years is now on vinyl again does not mean it is a new release.

Also, unrelated: In the grand scheme of things I think "Yeezus" is a much dumber title than "Swish."
Old 01.20.2016, 08:04 PM   #107
Severian
invito al cielo

Yeezus no longer sounds dumb to me, but that's probably because it's part of the cultural lexicon now. Actually sounds kinda badass.

Swish has been a stupid thing to say for eons, and I doubt naming an album "Swish" is going to do a lot for that. Unless it's an absurdly successful album, but I kind of think Kanye is done with massive commercial successes.

It'll go to #1 with somewhere around 100k copies sold, and it'll end up with a platinum certification within a few months. That's my guess anyway. Now, if he kept his music the fuck off the internet/streaming services, he'd probably be in Taylor Swift/Adele territory. But he's not that guy.
Old 01.20.2016, 09:40 PM   #108
noisereductions
invito al cielo

T-Swift bums me out tho. I wanna listen to her on Spotify but I can't.
Old 01.20.2016, 10:11 PM   #109
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
T-Swift bums me out tho. I wanna listen to her on Spotify but I can't.

Well, she's on Apple Music, which offers most of the same services as Spotify and is actually improving as least as quickly as Spotify is plateauing.

They have a three-month free trial. Check it out.

Or buy a Taylor Swift album?
Or download a Taylor Swift album?
Old 01.21.2016, 03:49 AM   #110
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
NEW: Ghostface feat. Killah Priest - WU GOO video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BknP3gp4Tgc

Amazing and hilarious.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2016, 09:39 AM   #111
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Well, she's on Apple Music, which offers most of the same services as Spotify and is actually improving as least as quickly as Spotify is plateauing.

They have a three-month free trial. Check it out.

Or buy a Taylor Swift album?
Or download a Taylor Swift album?

I find Apple fascinating. Yet I hate their products. My wife has an iPhone, but I'm strictly Android. We have a Spotify 'family acct' so we each have our own accts, with our playlists, etc and it's $15/mo. Good deal. Can't say I'd be tempted to switch to go over to a service provided by a company I don't like giving my $ to.

If Amazon actually got their library together, then the Prime streaming would be perfect for us. We love Prime.

Heck, I'd even prob go w/ Google Play's streaming service over Apple - again, if their library was up to par.

Tidal... is that even still a thing that exists?

I can and do buy T-Swift albums... but that doesn't help me integrate them into my Spotify playlists. Y'know?

I like listening to all my new releases from the year on shuffle. But she can't be part of that. She has to exist outside of the rest. It's just an annoyance to me.
Old 01.21.2016, 11:44 AM   #112
Severian
invito al cielo

Hmm. I actually subscribe to both Spotify premium and Apple Music (yeah... I know). Mostly because I haven't gotten around to canceling Spotify yet.

I'm on my third iPhone at this point, my second MacBook Pro (brand new, that one), and I also have an iPad and two 160 GB iPod Classic, so that's where most of my music ends up. It's better than streaming for me because I don't have to worry about stupid shit like data usage.

I am still a CD and vinyl buyer. I don't think I'll ever fully give in to streaming. I like being able to put all of my most played music in one place. And, you know, own it.

I have a friend who has that "Alexa" thing... Amazon's $100 talking wifi speaker that plays shit from your prime library. They seem to like it ok, but I think it's a pretty terrible product.
Old 01.21.2016, 07:30 PM   #113
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
how the fuck did none of you fuckers tell me about that Black Knights The Almighty from last June?????????? Seriously??????

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/bla...y/RCDL74152CD/

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2016, 09:02 PM   #114
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
how the fuck did none of you fuckers tell me about that Black Knights The Almighty from last June?????????? Seriously??????

I missed it. Looks good tho. John Fruscanate, RZA, etc.
Old 01.21.2016, 11:12 PM   #115
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Bumped it earlier.. sounds a bit too similar to Medieval Chambers BUT that doesn't make it any less kick ass.. some superb classic North Long Beach mobster music with those throwback thursday westcoast beats! I don't know how Fruscanate channels his inner DJ Quik like that but for realz

Old 01.21.2016, 11:13 PM   #116
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

With this and that Game i am having a throwback reunion and rekindling my love of hip hop like i haven't in yearz

Old 01.22.2016, 02:39 AM   #117
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

I mentioned it in the last café thread when I picked it up. I'm sure of it.
Old 01.22.2016, 12:21 PM   #118
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
So, I have grown to dig that Death Grips song Guillotine...

Can anyone point me to something else by them that is good? I have a friend who saw them at Houston's festival Day For Night and said they were "too much" for him. I thought, that may be right up my alley!
Old 01.22.2016, 12:40 PM   #119
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Can anyone point me to something else by them that is good? I have a friend who saw them at Houston's festival Day For Night and said they were "too much" for him. I thought, that may be right up my alley!

Yeah man, Death Grips is actually pretty goddamn solid. About ˝ the time, anyway. That's a pretty early song, so maybe start with Ex-Millitary? You might enjoy The Money Store too... Lord knows the rest of the world did. Government Plates got a lot of love in the café too.
Old 01.22.2016, 12:44 PM   #120
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

It's from their first project "Exmilitary", it's a good one. The Money Store and Government Plates are good as well.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
56106 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth