Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Wow!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.14.2009, 12:16 AM   #1
afreespirit
little trouble girl

afreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's asses
I just got back from seeing Getatchew Mecuria and the Ex http://www.eyeweekly.com/music/music/article/71227. Amazing. Saw both shows, saturday and sunday. They play twice more in Montreal, Sept 14 & 16. Don't miss it.
afreespirit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2009, 08:13 AM   #2
super_charger
bad moon rising

super_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's asses
I was there Saturday night. Definately the show of the year for me. It was a really great crowd, almost everyone was dancing and having a great time. How did the two nights compare?

The Ex seem to be really inspired by whomever they work with. My favorite albums by them are the collaborations with Getatchew, Tom Cora, and the Ex Orkest.
super_charger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2009, 02:33 PM   #3
afreespirit
little trouble girl

afreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's asses
Sunday seemed just a bit better. A very attractive young Ethiopian woman danced on stage a couple of times, keeping up pretty well with the dancer. I think there were more Ethiopians in the crowd sunday and Getatchew talked for a while to them. On saturday I noticed Getatchew sitting in the lounge and I got his autograph

I saw The Ex once before when they toured with Tom Cora, at Lee's Palace. I had no idea who they were. That night was a musical epiphany for me. I've been waiting 17 years to see them again. They don't tour NA very often, so this 5 performance Canadian tour backing up Getatchew was extra special. According to their CD 30, they have played 1371 concerts from '79-2008 and only 7 in Toronto and 27 total for Canada. So it's not like we get many opportunities.
afreespirit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth