Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i'm in my 3rd trimester now
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.16.2010, 08:53 AM   #81
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
considering this is sygossip, i don't think hev was too far out of line. lilly said she was feeling guilty, so maybe she already knew the answer to the question that is this thread, and she got the usualy spectrum of response, from the back-patters to the blatant and rude
I wouldn't call him brilliant
:

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 08:54 AM   #82
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
whatever, my day just turned around and i'm jolly and shit so we can talk about this all you want.

i'm going to try not to smoke all day for the hell of it.
Old 11.16.2010, 10:15 AM   #83
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredcourse
I really WANT to understand you, but I dont.

You know those are words, right ? What will happen if you keep "using" them?

Don't bother trying to understand my motivations. I can't even understand them myself sometimes. The point is that swearing's a bad habit I'm trying (and so far, failing) to give up. Granted, it's not on the level of smoking, but it's tough nonetheless-especially when you're forced to suffer fools on a regular basis as I am.
Old 11.16.2010, 10:19 AM   #84
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
whatever, my day just turned around and i'm jolly and shit so we can talk about this all you want.

i'm going to try not to smoke all day for the hell of it.

when you feel the craving coming, try breathing deeply. im not shitting you, it helps a lot. part of the pleasure of smoking is stopping everything and taking a deep breath (filled with smoke, tar, for your lungs, nicotine & additives for your liver and kidneys)-- do the same thing (pause, relax, breathe deeply), but with clean air. it feels fucking great, i promise.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 10:22 AM   #85
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
i haven't read the thread.

but you know what pisses me off? how people are always willing to tell women what to do, and have this attitude as if they have some say over the lives or bodies.

i don't like to see pregnant women smoking, but it's none of my business either.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 10:23 AM   #86
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
oh actually what i should have said:

hevusa is an idiot.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 10:41 AM   #87
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

but you know what pisses me off? how people are always willing to tell women what to do, and have this attitude as if they have some say over the lives or bodies.

i don't like to see pregnant women smoking, but it's none of my business either.

on this I strongly agree knoxy

Old 11.16.2010, 10:42 AM   #88
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
hevusa is an idiot.

on this i strongly agree knoxy

Old 11.16.2010, 10:55 AM   #89
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
noone is forcing any women do do anything in this thread.

why would what they say matter in this way unless women were unable to think for themselves?

like the type of women who rely on people "telling them what to do" so they can do the opposite and think being selfish and oppositional is a form of freedom.

idiots in other words.

nothing to do with gender.

if noone was telling someone what to do would this would not be an improvement in their lives.

this is not freedom.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 11:04 AM   #90
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

right
it's like saying "you can't get an abortion"
uh actually according to the law i sure can get an abortion

oh by the way i haven't smoked one yet. hit me with your best shot, assholes
Old 11.16.2010, 11:11 AM   #91
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
There's a thin line separating the ''It's like saying you can't get an abortion'' argument from ''I'm free to batter my own baby to death if I want to''.

I don't want to take particular sides on this because, frankly, if I had it my own way couples would go through some strict rules before they had any babies at all. It's just that comparing smoking while you're 100% sure of keeping the baby can't be compared to the abortion argument, which implies you don't want to keep it in the first place.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 11:13 AM   #92
Satan
invito al cielo

i'm not trying to make an analogy out of it, i just used it as an example of stupid shit people get hysterical about and try and tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies.
Old 11.16.2010, 11:30 AM   #93
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
women are assholes.

and they like excuses, maybe moreso than the black man

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 11:41 AM   #94
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i'm not trying to make an analogy out of it, i just used it as an example of stupid shit people get hysterical about and try and tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

to be fair, you opened the door when you told your story and asked (perhaps just rhetorically) "am i a terrible person?"

nobody was minding your business otherwise, and yes, it's not at all the same as the abortion debate, you just fell into knox's false analogy about "controlling women's bodies", which is something that does happen, true, but has nothing to do with this thread.

in any case, forget all this drama & moral posturing of all stripes & general bullshit, just remember to breathe deeply when you feel a craving coming-- it has the same calming effect but without the poison.

alright, best wishes. you & lux have a great day.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 12:31 PM   #95
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Sure, I just would argue your decision about smoking while you're pregnant from a more specific point of view, that's all. I can imagine there are several reasons why a woman would smoke during pregnancy, because there are even more for one to get pregnant as such.

To point the finger at some perceived selfishness doesn't often help matters anyway, not because there aren't cases where it's possible that selfishness is one of the explanations, but because the female carrying the baby might have reasons to go through particular stress and find their addictive side (if they have one) severely hard to deal with while their body is already going through change on top of other problems.

I admit that I am just guessing and am in no way an expert on the matter, it's just that to throw the same heavy blanket on all pregnant females like there's a unified code of behaviour for all of them isn't always useful when it comes to understand and resolve individual needs.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 12:36 PM   #96
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
You guys are harshing my pregnancy buzz.

Oh, that was mean of me. I'm sorry.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 12:51 PM   #97
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I wonder how many of these anti-smokers have a significant vice of their own? What say you anti-smokers?

Smoking (cigarettes and weed) is the only bad habit I have left. I don't fuck around with pills, or snorting shit anymore, and I only drink maybe once every 3 months or so, if that, and when I do it's only two 24 oz cans of Coors Light. Shit just doesn't appeal to me. I've grown to dislike partying, and liquor makes me hurl.

My grandmother is 80 years old, and has been smoking since she was 16 (and definitely smoked around me as a baby). Of all her various health problems; knee replacements, arthritis, skin cancer, etc., not one can be directly attributed to her smoking habits. Just sayin'.

It would definitely suck to have a hole in my throat, but I don't think I even smoke enough for that anymore. I'm at less than a pack a day now, but I honestly do enjoy it too much to quit completely for the time being. If I did though, it'd definitely be cold turkey.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 01:06 PM   #98
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I have no vices. I quit them all through the use of raw willpower.

thank you for asking!

ps: the placenta is not a forcefield. for further detail see "the other thread", scientomologists.

pps: I don't give a fuck what satan does. I'm sure she has the coping mechanism to deal with a baby that has fetal hypoxia syndrome or one that's "totally fine". we are the product of our own decisions.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 01:08 PM   #99
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 01:12 PM   #100
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth