Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page No Fun 2010
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.07.2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
"I'll get to the news right away:

After 6 years of successful, sold out, ever growing, extra fun, enlightening years of No Fun Fest in New York is time to take a break on the New York edition for at least a year.

I feel is the right time for me to work and concentrate on other projects for a bit, my own music under my name and the new no fun acid project as well as collaborations with others for example, as well as the No Fun Productions label and other aspects of life not related to music. For the Fest itself is time to refocus energies and plan new directions.

The fest has been succesful and grown beyond my wildest dreams. But it also its at the point where the level of success it has reached has been putting a heavy demand on myself and put me at a crossroads point where I have to either grow it further as a 'business' or take a step back and refocus it. I have chosen the later.

Anyways to be clear this is NOT a goodbye for the fest or other No Fun related ventures. I am looking foward to the continuing ripples in space and time, the reality brought forward by our mutual efforts. We are already working on many small events and surprises in New York and around THE WORLD. So an international version of the fest in the fall of 2010 outside of New York is still very much something that we are working on and might yet happen.

Events Confirmed so far in 2010:

-January: Death Unit/Northampton Wools/Spykes/Regression/Dog Lady Weekend tour (NY/Baltimore) January 29,30.

-March: No Fun Acid / Oneohtrix Point Never Europe Tour March 12-21

-June: No Fun Fest one day event in Montreal. With Hair Police, No Fun Acid, Oneohtrix Point Never, Religious Knives and more...

-tons of releases planned for no fun productions in 2010

-more surprises planned!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT"

Carlos Giffoni - No Fun Fest / No Fun Productions Director/Organizer/Curator/Godfather/Travel Agent/ Catering/ backline/ webmaster/ driver/ host / Musician / etc.

And he forgot to mention a new SY release
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 01:22 AM   #2
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Yesss! New SY release AND No Fun is coming to MTL. I'm definitely coming back from Cuba early to be there
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 02:15 AM   #3
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe the next one could be in London so I won't have to pine away across the ocean...

Selfish I know.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 02:58 AM   #4
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
Maybe the next one could be in London so I won't have to pine away across the ocean...

Selfish I know.

no, they should do it in london
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 03:07 AM   #5
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
i want a no fun fest in my basement!!
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth