Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.17.2011, 10:25 PM   #241
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
For all we know they have been just friends and bandmates for years. No one can say with certainty what goes on between couples.

This. I've actually suspected this before.
Old 10.17.2011, 10:29 PM   #242
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie
I hope that both of them can go on to be happier while also maintaining a goo friendship, and I really hope Coco is ok. Must be weird to have your parents split at that age.

Poor Lee and Steve too....

not really....my parents are currently separated and well it took them a while....uhh...i think it's easier the older you are.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2011, 11:04 PM   #243
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric
shitty news

but I've got the be honest....I havent really loved a new SY album since Murray Street.

the last time SY was here I passed on seeing them because I knew the Eternal was just released, and while I liked The Eternal, I had no interest in seeing them play 90% of it and then zero songs from the Geffen era. And that's exactly what they did.

Hmm. I don't get it, but I'll acknowledge your right to say that.

Nurse and Ripped are 9/10 albums. And Eternal is a high seven.

Is the Geffen era really your favorite? Mine is the era immediately before it.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2011, 11:27 PM   #244
golden blue
empty page

golden blue has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
This. I've actually suspected this before.
ahmen
Old 10.18.2011, 02:16 AM   #245
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
I'm just looking forward to Lee's solo album.
I am looking forward to it...I haven't had much interest in T's new one...haven't heard a note of it yet...

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 02:53 AM   #246
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
I haven't had much interest in T's new one...haven't heard a note of it yet...

you're not missing anything...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 03:05 AM   #247
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I don't typically get into Thurston's material outside of SY much, but Demolished Thoughts is some of the best stuff he's done. Considerably better than Psychic Hearts and Trees. And of course most of his noisy stuff is just awful (sans some of his collaborative efforts. The Hurricane Floyd stuff is great. Love Pillow Wand and In Store with Nels C.).

I don't know. Was just a deeply personal album. I think that's pretty cool. Well written and unexpected. I recommend it.
Old 10.18.2011, 03:13 AM   #248
forkimified
bad moon rising

forkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

FUCK STEVE.

they couldn't do jackshit without C.HABIB. that guy.... THAT GUY!!!!!

NO CHABIB>>>NO SONIC YOUTH

Chris Habib - the REAL fifth Sonic?!
forkimified is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 04:51 AM   #249
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar
so introspective, but my best homies are from Georgia and their way way cooler than metallica

which would make a vague press release now so timely, "hey Kim!" "wanna let the fans in on our secret."

What does Metallica have to do with anything? Last i checked, they were from your neck of the woods.
Old 10.18.2011, 05:18 AM   #250
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar
yeah funny, thurston's lyrics are like some free style shit about nothing, it's an act, he's making it up, not his diary

kim's lyrics are some of the sickest ever of all time
"if I could give you anything, I would give you a kick!"

you can't top that, tight as fuck with music behind it

bitch bitchin about musicianship, this is rock n roll- fuck industry PRO types
you're in the wrong room, go fuck yourself down the hall, in that room where everything gets done like Jeff Koons brand of artifact.

Why do you keep bringing up all of this industry shit? And Kim's lyics (while I agree they are usually more straight forward than Thurston's) can get just as nonsensical. That's one thing I've always enjoyed about the Youth, though. I tend to (in most cases....) avoid lyrics. For me, personally, art has always been about taking me outside of everyday reality as opposed to aiding me in identifying with it.
Old 10.18.2011, 07:40 AM   #251
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Did you write these?

Here are some of my rules about bands:

*never play a gig that asks you to sell a set number of tickets for it
*never expect the PA to be able to handle any direct in instrument, whether it be bass, drum machine, or synthesizer.
*never expect to be able to hear the important things through the monitors
*never let another band borrow your tube amp during a show you're playing
*bring a backup head & guitar, otherwise a tube will blow out on your main head & a string will break
*When singing, fucking sing. Don't scream, don't Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, or Ian Curtis it. You're not Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, or Ian Curtis & it just makes you sound tone deaf.
*Don't play in a band with anyone that thinks they're a virtuoso. And don't consider yourself one either. A drum solo, a bass solo, and a guitar solo all at once rarely sound good.

No.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 10:32 AM   #252
sianspheric
empty page

sianspheric has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Hmm. I don't get it, but I'll acknowledge your right to say that.

Nurse and Ripped are 9/10 albums. And Eternal is a high seven.

Is the Geffen era really your favorite? Mine is the era immediately before it.

It's entirely your subjective opinion if you think Nurse and Ripped were great albums, I thought they were pretty forgettable. Forgettable in the sense that I've listened to A Thousand Leaves a hundred times and I've listened to RR and Nurse maybe a dozen.

Geffen era isn't necessary my favorite. I love Sister and Daydream and to a slightly lesser extent Evol. The Geffen time is way too broad to just define as an era, there were 9 albums in those years. My favorite SY era is 1990-1995.

But how the fuck can the band play live and basically opt out of playing ANYTHING from 1990-2009 is beyond me, and that's what they did on much of the Eternal tour.

That's why I personally passed on seeing them live the last time they were here, I've seen SY 5 times, but I know when they are touring behind a new album they usually play 90% of that album. And maybe 4-5 other songs, including usually something from the super early SY/Confusion days which I don't really care about.

If SY was touring and playing a broad selection througout their career, I would find them a far far more compelling touring act.

They do the occasional show with a good varied selection (ie. the August show in NYC) but they have not done a show with the same kind of variety in my city in the 14 years I've been a fan of the band.
sianspheric is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 10:51 AM   #253
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
what the fuck?

this is fucked up.

and looks like most of the 15 pages of comments are fucked too.

well. fuck.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 11:39 AM   #254
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ first time visitor "up here"? it's creepy.

lulz
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 11:42 AM   #255
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love to talk about sonic youth, their latest haircut, brand of toiletries and favorite cereal (it's cocopuffs) all day long, ceaselessly, but these people. THESE PEOPLE.

WOW.
Old 10.18.2011, 12:03 PM   #256
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
let's talk about your circuits instead, android.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 12:13 PM   #257
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

sure! what would you like to know?

let's start with the obvious: I like tacos

I'll be taking the rest of your questions periodically throughout the day!!

Old 10.18.2011, 02:53 PM   #258
Mako
little trouble girl

Mako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's asses
Whatever happens I just wish all the joy and love to them both. If Sonic Youth are no more then thank you so much for rocking me. I love your music. Remember the eternity of the moment in life. Take care
Mako is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 03:20 PM   #259
SYHamilton
little trouble girl

SYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's assesSYHamilton kicks all y'all's asses
I wonder if Matador will put out a box set of unreleased material.
Old 10.18.2011, 03:23 PM   #260
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.salon.com/2011/10/18/how_...moore_divorce/

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
101112 13 14151623 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth