Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.03.2019, 03:42 PM   #53101
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2019, 04:19 PM   #53102
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Old 12.03.2019, 05:51 PM   #53103
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon

what is that? reminds me of those ultralounge records of the turn of the century that remixed 50s music. you know the kind?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2019, 05:52 PM   #53104
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
played this earlier, was very good—thanks
Old 12.03.2019, 06:00 PM   #53105
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2019, 07:00 PM   #53106
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what is that? reminds me of those ultralounge records of the turn of the century that remixed 50s music. you know the kind?

The vintage look/50s homage is fully intentional. This is one of Holly Golightly's solo outings. She used to be with Thee Headcoatees, a british all-female garage/rockabilly revival/blues punk band in the 90s (affiliated with Billy Childish). She has since been very prolific on her own though, continuing the vintage Americana vibes to a tee. And each of her albums has a distinct nostalgic look to it. This extends to the backside artwork as well:
https://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JP...er=allrovi.com

Oh, and if you've watched Jim Jarmusch's Broken Flowers, you might have heard this this little tune. Gotta say I prefer her album version though, which happens to be the closing track of "Truly She Is None Other".

Old 12.03.2019, 07:32 PM   #53107
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
The vintage look/50s homage is fully intentional. This is one of Holly Golightly's solo outings. She used to be with Thee Headcoatees, a british all-female garage/rockabilly revival/blues punk band in the 90s (affiliated with Billy Childish). She has since been very prolific on her own though, continuing the vintage Americana vibes to a tee. And each of her albums has a distinct nostalgic look to it. This extends to the backside artwork as well:
https://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JP...er=allrovi.com

Oh, and if you've watched Jim Jarmusch's Broken Flowers, you might have heard this rendition of the The Greenhornes's There Is An End. Gotta say I prefer her album version though, which happens to be the closing track of "Truly She Is None Other".
i don’t know her, but yeah, looked like a julie london record or something

i did love broken flowers , and bill murray’s car music, so i will definitely go listen RIGHT NOW.

many thanks

-x

eta: didn’t do it for me

thanks anyway cuz now at least i know
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM   #53108
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

Boris!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #53109
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Tropical Fuck Storm - Braindrops

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #53110
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

Carpenters live in Russia

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #53111
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Old Today, 03:03 AM   #53112
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

Old Today, 03:39 AM   #53113
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Old Today, 09:44 AM   #53114
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i need coffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeee

Old Today, 10:19 AM   #53115
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i need coffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeee
[
Two suggestions:
1. Click the Boris link above
2. Play the playlist I suggested to Claire two pages ago

Now playing

Old Today, 10:33 AM   #53116
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Two suggestions:
1. Click the Boris link above
2. Play the playlist I suggested to Claire two pages ago
oh, héctor lavoe + willie colón got me going

(listen to these trombones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po9QL5vuGKE )

but will do!
Old Today, 01:54 PM   #53117
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Old Today, 02:40 PM   #53118
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

2156255626062646265326542655 2656
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth