Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Blind Melon back together
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.12.2006, 01:52 AM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
It's official. I know it immediately sounds like a bad idea cause the singer was a huge part of the sound, but those musicians are amazing. They were my favorite straight alternative band of the 90's because of that bluesy, funky edge to their sound. It was all about their bass player and lead guitarist. Sooo so good I'm glad they are back.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2006, 01:53 AM   #2
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I like that song about rain. Never heard anything else.
Old 11.12.2006, 01:53 AM   #3
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
A name change would be appropriate.
Old 11.12.2006, 03:52 AM   #4
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
blind melon...

fucking deaf kumquat!
Old 11.12.2006, 04:11 AM   #5
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sorry but blind melon just didn't do it for me.
Shite.
Old 11.12.2006, 05:57 AM   #6
blue sunlover
stalker

blue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really nice
should i know them? the name sounds kind of funny,but they may have to change into exploded , rotten or juicy melon.that sounds more (ir)relevant to me.melons have no eyes but their taste is great.especially watermelons.
Old 11.15.2006, 10:14 PM   #7
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
eh don't listen to those guys

one of the best albums of the 90's
Old 11.15.2006, 11:07 PM   #8
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
All I know from them is their big one hit wonder. Cant recall the name of the song but I still hear it all the time. Just based on that song, I have no real desire to look further into them. But who knows, their other stuff could be good.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2006, 12:52 AM   #9
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
huh, slightly interesting. I think they only had two proper albums, but the second, Soup, i suggest trying that one out. its very weird in a positve way. very experiemental, cool time signatures and what not.. they could have been pretty good if they had the chance.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2006, 09:08 PM   #10
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemachine
All I know from them is their big one hit wonder. Cant recall the name of the song but I still hear it all the time. Just based on that song, I have no real desire to look further into them. But who knows, their other stuff could be good.

LISTEN to the friggin bee girl album. They were not a one hit wonder. No rain is the least interesting song on that album and none of the other songs sound like that. That whole album is funky blues music, and it gets really psychadellic at times. Awesome awesome stuff. I wonder, soak the sin, paper scratcher.
Old 11.16.2006, 09:14 PM   #11
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
LISTEN to the friggin bee girl album. They were not a one hit wonder. No rain is the least interesting song on that album and none of the other songs sound like that. That whole album is funky blues music, and it gets really psychadellic at times. Awesome awesome stuff. I wonder, soak the sin, paper scratcher.

They were a one-hit wonder, because they had one hit. Isn't saying te other stuff is bad, (it's not, I like some of the other stuff) just that they had one hit.

I find it stupid that they bother reuniting, especially since Shannon Hoon is dead. C'mon. Embarrassing.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2006, 02:25 AM   #12
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
I find it stupid that they bother reuniting, especially since Shannon Hoon is dead. C'mon. Embarrassing.

I'm glad to see them play again cause I really like the musicians. I think it would be cool if they toured with no singer at all, more like a jam band which is what their music sounds like. The musicians have all kept making music together since.
Old 11.17.2006, 01:44 PM   #13
zedius
children of satan

zedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asses
Blind Melon was amazing. Anyone hear Unified Theory? That singer should be the singer now. But I'm absolutely stoked about this anyway

Hopefully Travis Warren sounds anything like Shannon Hoon.

And to anyone who's only heard no rain, you ought to check them out. They sound nothing like that. Try dear old dad, or time.

Also, they weren't a one hit wonder. Tones of home, galaxie, and change all received substantial radio play for a few years there.
Old 11.20.2006, 12:08 PM   #14
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
soup & nico are beautiful albums, some of the best, nico is tragically unfinished, but there's still some amazing tracks.

sonikold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2006, 01:07 PM   #15
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
blind melon blind smelon
what a bag of shite, i personally wanted to kick that bee-girls head in, then at the end where she meets al thh other bee people?
"i'm not the only wacktard on the street that has a bee fetish!!"
enter the Joyus Rapture.
Shannon Hoon should of jumped off that building in the G N R "dont cry" video, cuz lets face it, if you found yourself singing beside Axl Rose thats reason enough to jump.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth