Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.06.2017, 02:05 PM   #21361
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

"D "D "D

I like that you're using Doctor Who memes. I like this very much.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2017, 04:37 PM   #21362
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ok

---

anyway just finished this

damn damn damn damn damn damn daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

great great great movie, pieces together a bunch of footage from an old swedish news program and then makes something awesome with it

now, since it covers from 1967 to 1975, it starts exhilarating and finishes... fucking sad

so worth watching though
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2017, 10:23 AM   #21363
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
watched the ed norton HULK film. it was not as boring as ang lee's,
Old 08.07.2017, 10:46 AM   #21364
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
nothing is as boring as ang lee's hulk haa haa haa
Old 08.07.2017, 11:13 AM   #21365
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
nothing is as boring as ang lee's hulk haa haa haa

I understand why that film failed, and I appreciate the fact that it did.
Old 08.07.2017, 11:25 AM   #21366
Severian
invito al cielo

The reboot wasn't much better. The one with Edward Norton? I mean, in all honesty, Hulk is super tricky for superhero movies because he is, in many instances, one of the defining threats to the very world in which he lives, and the entire universe for that matter. He's, like, kind of a bad guy in many, many iterations.

The Avengers couldn't stop him and refused to kill him, even if they could, so they shot him into fucking space JUST TO RID THE WORLD OF HIM.

He ended up kinda taking over space, and coming back and beating the unholy shit out of, like, EVERYONE. And that's the Avengers, of which Hulk was a founding member during his better days.

He is THE primary villain in the original Old Man Logan comic book. Living through the apocalypse and being kept alive by his powers for however many years, he eventually went mad from radiation poisoning and banged his sister and started this crazy Hills-Have-Eyes-style inbred desert tribe of monster people, and he was their king. He was also also a cannibal. And a rapist. OH, and let's not forget slum lord. And that was just Bruce Banner!

So really, I'm not sure it was the right time. I like how he's being handled in he Avengers moves more than I liked his Bana/Norton incarnations, because his monstrousness is pretty much duly noted by all, including himself, and I'm excited to see him in Thor: Ragnarok.

Maybe they can eventually make an R-rated, ultra violent Planet Hulk movie with Ruffalo.

But back in 2003 and 2009 or whatever... nah. They weren't ready. The guy's a freaking living nuclear weapon. He's not Superman. They were trying to build the Marvel universe around Iron Man and Hulk, and that was just stupid. Bad planning. I guess Iron Man was a success, but the Marvel universe is really Captain America land. #teamcaporwhatever
Old 08.07.2017, 11:31 AM   #21367
Severian
invito al cielo

I still haven't seen Dunkirk. God dammit.
Old 08.07.2017, 01:09 PM   #21368
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I understand why that film failed, and I appreciate the fact that it did.

it's nice that you did but come oooon. you're on a message board.

fwiw i wasn't talking about "failures" (artistic, box office, don't know) but about the fact that i sat there in the uptown theatre thinking "this is shit..."

it's teh only memorable thing about the movie actually. that and teh toxie green hue associated with the so-called "monster".

Quote:
The reboot wasn't much better. The one with Edward Norton? I mean, in all honesty, Hulk is super tricky for superhero movies because he is, in many instances, one of the defining threats to the very world in which he lives, and the entire universe for that matter. He's, like, kind of a bad guy in many, many iterations.

the hulk is a bad guy? or bruce banner? or both? i don't understand.

Quote:
The Avengers couldn't stop him and refused to kill him, even if they could, so they shot him into fucking space JUST TO RID THE WORLD OF HIM.

nobody wants a rager for a pal

Quote:
He ended up kinda taking over space, and coming back and beating the unholy shit out of, like, EVERYONE. And that's the Avengers, of which Hulk was a founding member during his better days.

huh??

Quote:
He is THE primary villain in the original Old Man Logan comic book. Living through the apocalypse and being kept alive by his powers for however many years, he eventually went mad from radiation poisoning and banged his sister and started this crazy Hills-Have-Eyes-style inbred desert tribe of monster people, and he was their king. He was also also a cannibal. And a rapist. OH, and let's not forget slum lord. And that was just Bruce Banner!

see, this is the problem here. "banged his sister" does not belong in comics. sorry. you're corrupting the children

Quote:
So really, I'm not sure it was the right time. I like how he's being handled in he Avengers moves more than I liked his Bana/Norton incarnations, because his monstrousness is pretty much duly noted by all, including himself, and I'm excited to see him in Thor: Ragnarok.

of course a monster is monstrous. but that's not the point

Quote:
Maybe they can eventually make an R-rated, ultra violent Planet Hulk movie with Ruffalo.

ruffalo is too old now to play the hulk isn't he? it's like that movie where jim carrey supposedly goes out with zoey deschanel. haa ha haa haa.

Quote:
But back in 2003 and 2009 or whatever... nah. They weren't ready. The guy's a freaking living nuclear weapon. He's not Superman. They were trying to build the Marvel universe around Iron Man and Hulk, and that was just stupid. Bad planning. I guess Iron Man was a success, but the Marvel universe is really Captain America land. #teamcaporwhatever

well yeah, green king kong doesn't really hold much in terms of entertainment, i mean, having him articulating speech is just fucking wrong
Old 08.07.2017, 06:22 PM   #21369
Severian
invito al cielo

Duuude you need to read more comic books.

Yeah, they sent him away, and long story short, he ended up becoming the gladiator king of this planet where he ended up. He was in Hulk mode the whole time out of necessity. Bruce Banner would die in (blah blah) atmosphere. Hulk has a healing factor and is practically invulnerable.

This was called Planet Hulk. The sequel, World War Hulk, has him coming back to earth and kicking the fucking shit out of all the Avengers. They had to bring in big cosmic guns like Sentey, and he just burns through them all. I forget how that one ends. Maybe Thor takes him down, which is actually feasible.

And the Old Man Logan comic is adults only, and it also takes place in what amounts to an alternate reality that is later unmade, and only Wolverine remembers it.

Hard to talk shop when you haven't the foggiest. Sorry.

But yeah, incest and stuff. Big time. Marvel has a dark side, and things get creepy and weird. Even Spider-Man has done some exceptionally fucked up things, and let's not even get into Cyclops (he basically becomes Hitler).

But yeah, Hulk is a threat. He's not really a "bad guy" because Bruce Banner is good, when he's not suffering from radiation sickness or whatever... he's just uncontrollable. He's had more control and less control at different points over the years. For a while he was gray and was a mob boss. Then he went back to babbling incoherent. Banner gives and takes control like crazy.

Tough character to build a world around. Hulk is NOT the Marvel Superman.
Old 08.07.2017, 06:32 PM   #21370
Severian
invito al cielo

I see how my rant would not have made sense to a comic book reader. Like the "and that's the Avengers..." line means, basically, that's an Avengers-centric story... not something way out in crazytown like Old Man Logan, which is like a dream within a fiction within a fiction, but a semi-straight forward canon thing. An event. Where Hulk is the protagonist, but also the enemy of the Avengers... the team he helped form. Blah.

Here's an entirely unrelated incident in which he and Wolverine went balls out on each other in the "Marvel Ultimate" universe:

Yep, that's Hulk literally ripping Marvel's latter-day flagship hero in half. I think a brief orgy scene preceded the panel. Can't recall.
Old 08.08.2017, 08:02 AM   #21371
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Duuude you need to read more comic books.

but everything you tell me up there (and seriously, i appreciate you taking the time and energy to explain things) makes me NOT want to read those comic books. it all sounds just so wrong ha ha ha ha. (im not laughing in mockery, but rather, at the wrongness of turning marvel creatures into SVU characters).

i liked the hulk when he was green king-kong, and tragically misunderstood. turning him into tony soprano does not add appeal to me. speaking of reading, tons of reading for me today-- i had forgotten about this thing. sorta lookign forward to it.
Old 08.08.2017, 10:03 AM   #21372
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Something obviously happened to superheroes (Watchmen? Dark Knight Returns? Marvel's whole diversity drive?) where they lost their innocence, and I'm not sure they can go back now, except in some kind of camp/ironic way. But aren't Marvel's profits meant to be tanking? I dunno, maybe their commitment to edgier characters and story-lines is starting to alienate their core audience.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2017, 10:17 AM   #21373
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
but everything you tell me up there (and seriously, i appreciate you taking the time and energy to explain things) makes me NOT want to read those comic books. it all sounds just so wrong ha ha ha ha. (im not laughing in mockery, but rather, at the wrongness of turning marvel creatures into SVU characters).

i liked the hulk when he was green king-kong, and tragically misunderstood. turning him into tony soprano does not add appeal to me. speaking of reading, tons of reading for me today-- i had forgotten about this thing. sorta lookign forward to it.

Hahaha classic.

Reading the blurb does come across as hella lame (like most superhero storylines). Altough I will say I've read Planet Hulk and World War Hulk and they're not too bad. Although I'll stick with Unflattening etc if I'm gonna read comic books.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2017, 10:20 AM   #21374
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Yeah man. There's some seriously weird stuff even in the most mainstream comics. Every couple of years it gets to be just too much for me and I say fuck it and stop reading comics for a while. Marvel in particular (as in, moreso than D.C., at least when it comes to the actual books and characters on the page) has a really hard time not getting lost in moral ambiguity land. I know the common theory is that D.C. = "dark"; MARVEL = "light, bright, fun," but that's really not the case when it comes to the characters. They ALWAYS seem to be going through tormented soul-shattering trials that lead to poor decision-making and bending of rules. And dark stuff is always happening over there. Thor's human girlfriend Jane Foster gets fucking brain cancer (possibly from hanging out with Thor, I forget) and fucking dies. Cyclops cheats on Jean Grey with Emma Frost, then cheats on Emma Frost with a clone of Jean Grey, and so on. Hawkeye decided to put an arrow in Bruce Banner's skull because it's what Banner would have wanted or whatever. Captain America becomes a domestic terrorist and overthrows the country and kills millions of innocent people.

In DC, you can pretty much bet that Superman will always be better at being a human being than any actual human being, no matter what. You can guarantee that even when Batman is going through a bleak phase (or is at the mercy of a Frank Miller story), he's still Batman — a good guy, period. Not that DC doesn't have its own fucked up shit, but they seem to be more into heroes being heroes and fighting villains. Marvel has kind of a Game of Thrones/Sopranos thing going on, for sure.

And dude... these are just the MOST MAINSTREAM publishers. I know you like the PREACHER show, but have you ever read any of the comic? Published by DC's NC-17 imprint Vertigo, it makes everything I've mentioned seem like cotton candy in the first issue. Flagrant use of racial and sexual pejoratives? Check. Violence beyond what anyone would ever think possible in a trans-Atlantic comic book? Check. Rape? Check. Explicit sex scenes? Yo. Angels and demons fucking and creating superpowered Antichrist babies? Yep. Child abuse? Oh hell yeah. Blood and blood and bones popping out of bodies? Uh-huh. A guy literally fucking himself in the ass and getting his dick stuck in his colon and then asking his son to get his gun and shooting himself in the face? Shit, that's, like, issue #2.

Comics are weird.
Old 08.08.2017, 10:35 AM   #21375
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

but preacher is an adult comic with adult characters. it gets a straight reading.

what i object to is turning childhood superheroes into some dark shit because some readers got older and refused to let go instead of finding age-appropriate characters (like, say, cop shows).

i really don't wanna see bugs bunny doing shit dr. mengele would do, just like i don't wanna see a hulk unsuitable for 10 year olds.

preacher was never for 10 year olds
Old 08.09.2017, 08:50 PM   #21376
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Kill List

Won't say too much about it except that fans of The Wicker Man, the first True Detective and general appreciators off all things odd should find lots to like here.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2017, 09:30 PM   #21377
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
but preacher is an adult comic with adult characters. it gets a straight reading.

what i object to is turning childhood superheroes into some dark shit because some readers got older and refused to let go instead of finding age-appropriate characters (like, say, cop shows).

i really don't wanna see bugs bunny doing shit dr. mengele would do, just like i don't wanna see a hulk unsuitable for 10 year olds.

preacher was never for 10 year olds

True. Totally true. Sure.

But comic books > cop shows. You just don't know what it's like to be a kid who refused to let go.

Wait ... True Detectve season 1 is better than any comic book I've ever read.
I still haven't seen the Wire before you say "the Wire"
Old 08.09.2017, 09:45 PM   #21378
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

true detective is really great, but is it better than sandman?

(sandman is the best comic ive ever read. truly great. so much of it unexpected.)

the wire is magnificent but it's about "society" and politics and policy and how they impact lives. so really adult in that sense--not about fantasies of any kind, but the opposite. it's in the best tradition of realism. lukács would have loved it.

now if you want a hulk for adults watch the sopranos when he gets attacked in his suv. watch the whole sopranos actually. that's a grown-ass man with serious rage issues. and he can't jump across mountaintops but he could maybe be your neighbor or business competitor or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Kill List

Won't say too much about it except that fans of The Wicker Man, the first True Detective and general appreciators off all things odd should find lots to like here.

oh hey

message received. will check. thanks!
Old 08.13.2017, 09:29 PM   #21379
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

SMILES OF A SUMMER NIGHT (Bergman, 1955)

classic bergman: a filmed play, actors as characters, sex, marriage, an early 20th century setting... and superhilarious situations (yeah he can be very funny)

it's almost like the 3 stooges, in a way, not in the sense of physical comedy but how stupidly people act. good times.

btw this was begman's first international success, it was shown at cannes without his knowledge, and after he made it nobody ever pestered him again and he was free to do what he wanted.
Old 08.14.2017, 06:50 AM   #21380
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I once wrote a ten page paper on this movie.

College is fucking stupid.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
56996910191059106610671068 1069 107010711072107911191169 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth