Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page US Govt. making all Puerto Ricans apply for NEW birth certificates
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.01.2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fucking bullshit.

According to what I have read about this, there are thieves stealing Puerto Rican birth certificates in Puerto Rico schools and busnesses and using them to get US documents for illegals in the mainland US.
I have to read about this on the BBC website because it is nowhere to be found in the american news sites.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_...a/10444151.stm

There are 3.9 million Puerto Ricans (all US citizens by BIRTHRIGHT) living in P.R. There are around 1.5 million living in the mainland USA (myself included)

How does inconveniencing 5 million people, and charging them $5 a piece to get a new, supposedly secure, birth certificate stop thieves who are stealing identities? Would anyone tolerate this bullshit if it happened in, let;s say, New York state? Or california? fuck no.

goddamn shit

I need to read more about this shit.
Old 07.01.2010, 10:36 AM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
born again!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
One has to provide ID, an original birth certificate, and all soprts of other shit to get their new one.

I am gonna tell them I was born in 1981, so I will be younger instantly!
Old 07.01.2010, 10:46 AM   #4
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
all other things aside, yr paying $5 for life-long insurance against fraud related to yr (what I assume easily stolen and duplicated) birth certificate.

inconvenience???

if these things are actually being sold for $10,000 then surely you can imagine that the damage to yr life would be far greater than the $10k they're bought for, and the inconvenience that you would experience would be on a magnitude far greater than that nickle sack you'll be going without (although I'm sure that even a modest man such as yrself can pony up the 5 bucks).

JUST DO IT.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Better_Than_Deux
children of satan

Better_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's asses
why do you think they're doing it, rob?

Better_Than_Deux is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2010, 10:49 AM   #6
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ cuz that shit's written on a post-it note, taped to the fridge in the MINISTRY OF PUERTO RICAN BIRTHS.

fucking hell, we've collectively spent more than $5 worth of time just thinking about it!
Old 07.01.2010, 10:52 AM   #7
Better_Than_Deux
children of satan

Better_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's asses
nevermind. i read

Old 07.01.2010, 10:56 AM   #8
space
expwy. to yr skull

a complaint-free line!

Old 07.01.2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Better_Than_Deux
children of satan

iAY CARAMBA!

Old 07.01.2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The article said that the 700 stolen birth certificates were worth $10,000 in the black market.

I understand the need but I do not understand how the original July 1 deadline went by without any mention of this on the news in USA, considering there are 2 million puerto ricans living here.

I already have the forms coming for myself, my mom, and my brother to apply. I just think it is weird.

they have extended the deadline until september 30th.
Old 07.01.2010, 11:11 AM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

as far as the $5, on an island where the median income is around 10,000 US dollars a year, and where food is as expensive as in hawaii, there will be hundreds of thousands of people who will not be able to afford the $5 a person for their families.
Old 07.01.2010, 11:18 AM   #12
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Well, maybe you should have thought of this before you were born in PR
Old 07.01.2010, 11:23 AM   #13
space
expwy. to yr skull

I understand the frustration, but it should be directed toward Puerto Rico for having such poor security in regards to these things.

it's amazing that it took this long to fill the gap.

that said, the "700" number was from a quote attributed to 'Kenneth McClintock, Puerto Rico's Secretary of State', and not related to the black-market value of these things (which I'm sure is less than $10,000, but greater than, say, the cost of a spicey bean burrito).

Quote:
Originally Posted by some white guy
"Up to now, you broke into one school and you would take away 700 birth certificates at a time. Now, to steal 700 different birth certificates, you're going to have to break into 700 different homes," he said.

you should stop worrying about $5 and move on to a "KEEP PUERTO RICO PUERTO RICAN" campaign....THAT I could get behind.
Old 07.01.2010, 11:28 AM   #14
space
expwy. to yr skull

also, MY birth certificate is locked inside a briefcase...at my feet. not inside some school.

I'll start the bidding at $20,000.
Old 07.01.2010, 11:36 AM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

fuck that shit. If the US govt wants to fix it they should go after their crooked ass agencies that give out ID's and SSN and shit.
Old 07.01.2010, 11:56 AM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space
I understand the frustration, but it should be directed toward Puerto Rico for having such poor security in regards to these things.

who is that, Mr Belding?

Why does Puerto Rico have a shoddy security system in place overs its documents? Simple, because the US enjoys forcing millions of people to live as practical slaves because of lack of paperwork, and creating a thriving black market is a major mechanism to this backwards system.. It it were say, easy to get legitimized or on the flip side, increasingly difficult to get false documentation, then what would drive the illegal immigration market/economy in the US? Illegal immigration is literally the new slavery, as it encompasses millions of people and is an integral facet of the US overall (if not global) economy, and the US would perhaps collapse under its own weight if these millions of people were not here working at all the shit jobs and living in all the shit neighborhoods..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
fuck that shit. If the US govt wants to fix it they should go after their crooked ass agencies that give out ID's and SSN and shit.

That would completely undermine the integrity of the Illegal Immigrant economy..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2010, 11:59 AM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

that's the truth.
Old 07.01.2010, 12:02 PM   #18
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
that's the truth.

"What is truth!?"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2010, 01:25 PM   #19
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
When I was born the hospital gave my parents a birth certificate that I used for years and then suddenly no one would accept it because it didn't have a govt seal on it.

It is difficult because many seniors never had a birth certificate, they were born at home in rural areas.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2010, 01:36 PM   #20
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

or their old originals were stored by the local governments and have been lost in fires. That happened to my grandma. we just found out 3 years ago that she was 2 years older than she had thought her whole life.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth