Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Blood On The Wall
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.13.2008, 11:12 AM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I got into these guys this summer with Awesomer (still my favorite) and have been playing their records ever since. I remember the description for the band being "pixies smoking bowls with sonic youth" which interested me right away and is fairly accurate.

The band writes really tight songs with great hooks and tons of fucking raw energy and screeching distortion. I think a lot of people on here would like them. Its almost like the second coming of the pixies.

Heres some videos for the uniniated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0vqBlnRd8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4-E3Lb6HvM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umpLbSJuoWs

So any fans on here, whats your fav record ?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 10:17 PM   #2
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i love awesomer.. "the jam" especially is very sonic youthy.
Old 10.14.2008, 10:20 AM   #3
steve newman
bad moon rising

steve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's asses
great band.
steve newman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2008, 03:25 PM   #4
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah that's a very nice band, Liferz is really good
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2008, 02:58 PM   #5
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i have to listen again. i liked awesomer when i bought it but it has been put on the shelf where the reah is slightly longer than the distance between my hand and the case.... its just there but as hard as i can i cant seem to get the last couple of inches..... maybe i will make an extreme effort to get to it again..... or stand on something semi solid to extend my vertical fortitude...

good band...
Old 10.15.2008, 04:35 PM   #6
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i love awesomer.. "the jam" especially is very sonic youthy.

speaking of that I've noticed that botw seems to favor the more early bad moon rising/confusion is sex era of SY for influence. I just think thats really cool
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth