Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What gigs are you going to in the coming months?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2013, 06:28 AM   #1421
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
tonight: Merchandise
they sucked

oh: 20th Aug - Joshua Burkett, Ron Schneiderman & Head Of Wantastiquet
<3
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2013, 02:38 PM   #1422
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
For anyone in the Houston area.

Peter Brötzmann and Keiji Haino
Three Nights: Solos, Duo, and Art Opening
presented by Nameless Sound, Rice University's Department of Visual and Dramatic Arts, the Shepherd School of Music, and the Chao Center for Asian Studies

courtesy Peter Gannushkin / downtownmusic.net

Keiji Haino: SOLO
Monday, October 7, 2013, 8pm
at venue to be determined.

Peter Brötzmann: SOLO
free at James Turrell's 'Twilight Ephiphany' Skyspace
Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 8pm
Rice University

OPENING RECEPTION for 'Peter Brötzmann: Graphic, Design Work 1958 -2013,' Rice Media Center, Rice University to follow at 9:30pm.

Peter Brötzmann/Keiji Haino: DUO
Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 8pm
at Rice Media Center, Rice University.

Keiji Haino (Japan): vocals, guitar
Peter Brötzmann (Wuppertal, Germany): saxophones, clarinets

Monday and Wednesday:
Single tickets for Monday and Wednesday are $13 for general admission or $10 for student with I.D. Free admission for those 18 and under. A $20 pass for both performances is also available. The Tuesday performance at the Skyspace is free. Purchase by PayPal or call 713-928-5653.
Old 08.22.2013, 02:42 PM   #1423
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
For anyone near El Paso TX

Nameless Sound and the Cornudas Mountain Foundation present A Rare Site-Specific Performance
in the vast West Texas Desert
Peter Brötzmann
at The Hill of James Magee

Peter Brötzmann
at The Hill of James MageeSaturday, October 12, 2013, 3pm
James Magee's The Hill, near Cornudas, Texas

Tickets $75 each, purchase by Paypal or call 713-928-5653

The Cornudas Mountain Foundation and Nameless Sound present a rare site-specific event in the vast West Texas desert. German saxophonist Peter Brötzmann will perform solo sets for an intimate audience at “The Hill”, a monumental (yet very personal) work of art, isolated on remote private land 70 miles East of El Paso.

Over 30 years in the making, The Hill is the life work of James Magee (b. 1946, Newaygo County, Michigan). Complex and powerful, The Hill consists of four buildings (40 feet long, 20 feet wide and 17 feet in height), all of which house installations by Magee. Built from irregularly-cut shale rock, each building is entered through a majestic iron portal, 8 feet wide and the full height of the building. The Hill sits in a gently rolling landscape with mesmerizing views of mesas, mountains, and limitless West Texas skies. Having done much of the work himself or with one assistant, The Hill has been an impressively solitary endeavor for Magee. In its three decades, only a small number of people have visited the site. This concert offers a visit to the site, as well as a musical experience. It follows several other creative music presentations at The Hill, including a concert by Bob Ostertag in 1999 and a Nameless Sound-curated event featuring saxophonists Joe McPhee and John Butcher in 2010.

For over forty years, the groundbreaking German multi-reedist Peter Brötzmann (b. 1941, Remscheid, Germany) has peeled the paint off concert halls with his massive tone, rough timbre, and relentless attack. Brötzmann studied painting at the Art Academy of Wuppertal in the late 1950s and soon began associating with Fluxus artists including Joseph Beuys and Nam-June Paik. By 1968 he had refocused his creative efforts on music and with an eight-piece group, recorded and self-issued Machine Gun, an incendiary LP that documented the leading voices of the burgeoning European free jazz revolution. In the decades since, Brotzmann has released over fifty albums as a leader while rampaging his way around the globe, taking on such fellow travelers as Han Bennink, Derek Bailey, Cecil Taylor, William Parker, Joe McPhee, and countless others. Brötzmann has a reputation for an extremely physical and powerfully expressionistic approach to music making. But a more in depth exploration reveals music with a vulnerable and lyrical core, music with roots in the blues. It's this balance of power, humanity and vulnerability that makes his performance a perfect match with the site-specific work of James Magee.

For information about James Magee, The Hill, and The Cornudas Mountain Foundation:

http://www.mageehill.org

http://www.amazon.com/James-Magee-Richard-R-Brettell/dp/379135079X

About Nameless Sound:
Nameless Sound was established in 2001 to present the best of international contemporary music and to support the exploration of new methods in arts education.

Nameless Sound presents concerts by premier artists in the world of creative music. In addition, Nameless Sound artists work directly with students from Houston’s public schools, community centers, and homeless shelters. Nameless Sound’s educational work helps to nurture a new generation of artists and inspire tomorrow’s creative thinkers.
Old 08.26.2013, 04:30 PM   #1424
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Boomslang Fest in KY in September?

Body/head and Blonde Redhead are peforming....

'tis official. I'll also be seeing clinic...possibly others(chelsea wolfe?) depending on the distance between venues n stuff. super excited. 3 weeks need to pass quickly!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2013, 07:14 PM   #1425
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
'tis official. I'll also be seeing clinic...possibly others(chelsea wolfe?) depending on the distance between venues n stuff. super excited. 3 weeks need to pass quickly!

i am most likely going to that. blonde redhead, chelsea wolfe, com truise, pallbearer, mayonnaise, and other less interesting artists for $75?? i don't think i can pass that up. the only con is that it's in kentucky...

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2013, 03:23 AM   #1426
cupidsrose
empty page

cupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard suckacupidsrose cold hard sucka
Hi, everybody, I am a new friend.
cupidsrose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2013, 03:25 AM   #1427
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
a 'satanic rockers' video the other day, made me badly desire to go to a gig, so i ve decided to go to whatever under 10euros takes place in the near future. the only parameter i ll count in, will be the space it will take place. has to be raw and underground -have some place in mind.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2013, 01:43 AM   #1428
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
^
The Oscillation is coming your way soon. I don't know if the venue meets your criteria though.

(edit - oh, not all that soon, actually: http://julietippex.com/roster/the-oscillation/)
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2013, 03:06 AM   #1429
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
thank you dear.
i ll check them out.
the venue, i know it pretty well. its mostly for clubbing nowdays, but it also hosts gigs.
Old 08.29.2013, 08:14 AM   #1430
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupidsrose
Hi, everybody, I am a new friend.

hi new friend
Old 08.29.2013, 08:20 AM   #1431
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
^
The Oscillation is coming your way soon. I don't know if the venue meets your criteria though.

(edit - oh, not all that soon, actually: http://julietippex.com/roster/the-oscillation/)

ok, also white hills on the 22th -same space.
Old 08.30.2013, 02:04 AM   #1432
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
went and saw THE ACRO CATS, from Chicago tonight. it was awesome. known one of the girls for almost 15 years now via internet and finally got to meet her. they are playing til sunday. so i asked her to come to CAPTAIN BRINGDOWN & THE BUZZKILLERS saturday night with us. at least they go on a few hours after they are done that night. pretty crazy that someone fucked up is playing the same weekend shes in town. awesome!
Old 09.13.2013, 05:29 PM   #1433
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses

on dat kawaii shit in March.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2013, 11:39 AM   #1434
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
it's Incubate week!

Seen already:
- Jesu
- White Hills
- Wedding Present
- Phédre

Tonight seeing Wedding Present again in Utrecht, then the rest of the week it's back to Incubate for amongst others:
- Shonen Knife
- Lubomyr Melnyk
- Built To Spill
- I am Kloot
- Biosphere
- Tim Hecker

I'm open for tips (and taping requests) as long it fits the schedule ...

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2013, 12:00 PM   #1435
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I'm open for tips (and taping requests) as long it fits the schedule ...

- Shonen Knife
- Built To Spill
- Biosphere
- Tim Hecker

Thanks in advance! Grigio will hit the latter two as well - matrix time!

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2013, 02:17 PM   #1436
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Jimmy Cliff rocked the Santa Monica Pier last week. This weekend Michael Rose, Sly and Robbie, and THEE great U-Roy plan to rip it up even more (if that is even possible, I've never seen so many people at the Pier and crowding the surrounding beach and I've been going for ten years to the Summer Nights Twilight concerts there)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2013, 02:51 PM   #1437
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
not much coming up for me in NYC

9/16 Gate + Tom Carter + someone else (I've seen different names, hoping Basset/Lubelski duo is the one) @ Union Pool

Tom Carter/ Loren Connors/ Suzanne Langille with No Neck Blues Band at Issue Project Room, 110 Livingston, Brooklyn NY

10/3 Elliott Sharp
All-Guitar SyndaKit
Angela Babin, Cristian Amigo, Debra Devi, James Ilgenfritz, Zach Layton, Ben Tyree, Marco Cappelli, Zachary Pruitt, David Grubbs, On Ka’a Davis, Marc Sloan (guitars) @ The Stone

Might check out his duo with Nels Cline too, but I'm out of town for most of his week @ the Stone
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2013, 03:02 PM   #1438
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Legendary.
Pink.
Dots.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 10:21 AM   #1439
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
CAPTAIN BRINGDOWN & THE BUZZKILLERS

Cash = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca6o3lg19xI

CCR = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi-xCzZCazY

edit, who the fuck are these guys then? same band name, not same band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-a7WlMKFZU

LESSON LEARNED!
never name your band after anything said in The Simpsons
Old 09.19.2013, 12:02 PM   #1440
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha!! lagging on buying my tickets just saved me $10!! I opened my email today and found they sent me a promo code

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
62697071 72 73747582 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth