Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page shitty crowd ruin a sy show in portugal once again
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.17.2007, 11:03 AM   #41
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
would you relax please with the "people ruined the show"? sy played shows this year in nyc where nobody moved and you could hear a pin drop at some points, that did not detract from the experience. why are you focusing on what the other people are doing? focus on the music instead. and sy is not exactly an audience participation band, they dont do sing alongs, im sure they will love you just as well if you just stand there and listen.
The guy's right, Jico. It's Sonic Youth that make the occasion, not the other people who are there.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 11:05 AM   #42
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
but jico's right too, if they want sonic youth to ever come back there on tour they needed to get a good reception.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 11:51 AM   #43
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
would you relax please with the "people ruined the show"? sy played shows this year in nyc where nobody moved and you could hear a pin drop at some points, that did not detract from the experience. why are you focusing on what the other people are doing? focus on the music instead. and sy is not exactly an audience participation band, they dont do sing alongs, im sure they will love you just as well if you just stand there and listen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
The guy's right, Jico. It's Sonic Youth that make the occasion, not the other people who are there.

well, they dont exactly play twice per decade in the us or in the uk, do they?

if they did, what would you do to try to change that?

the crowd had the chance to show them some love and in my opinion they ruined it.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 01:21 PM   #44
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jico.
kim gordon, really nice to see her dance, and probably causing some envy on the css girls. shameful to see her efforts to wake the crowd failing to achieve.

How can someone resist to Kim's dancing ?

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 03:07 PM   #45
Thin_icE
bad moon rising

Thin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's asses
To me all of this is a load of bollocks, the wisest post so far was this:
Quote:
It's true that they make the ocasion, not the audience, people reacted, but of course that we're not alike everywhere, and the people in Paredes de Coura wanted to see and listen to SY instead of whipping the dust on the floor, and I was one of those too. I enjoyed a lot, but I was there to see them and bang my head. And I fail too see why one may think that our reception was poor, Thurston came back on the second encore jumping throughout the stage, I think that shows something.
Thin_icE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2007, 12:52 AM   #46
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
there were a lot of people, they were packed together. They didn't walk away, they didn't boo, they didn't throw oranges at the band. So I guess they liked it. And ther were more people than came for this guy:

I had once a guy standing next to me at a SY show who was screaming and yelling in my ear along with the guitar lines the entire show, it was my worst ever concert experience. And he was stoned as shit, he probably doesn't remember a single thing anymore.
I like the crowd to be silent, so I can listen to what the band is playing, instead of the crowd singing and clapping out of tune. That's the reason I prefer not to go to festivals.

But I understand what you mean, hopefully it won't take another decade for them to get back to your country. They might do the entire Goo album then though (so said Thurston in Cologne jokingly, after a request for Dirty Boots)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2007, 01:29 AM   #47
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jico.
and by that i'm not saying they didnt enjoyed it.

but if they dont get any comeback from the crowd how does that makes them feel?

you were there thin ice, how many of us shouted their name during the show?

The first time I saw Sonic Youth, in 1985, they literally cleared the room. It was full when they started and there were like 4 of us left when they were finished. It was soo fucking amazing, and somehow the fact the audience didn't get it made it even better.

I saw them some years later opening for Neal Young and they were getting booed during much of the set. They responded by shredding through "Kill Your Idols", "Brother James" and many other fast, noisy songs they hadn't played for a long time.

I suppose a seemingly bored crowd would be worse than either of those reactions, but the point is, when you make adventurous music, you have to kind of take it for granted that you won't always be greeted with cheers.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2007, 06:26 AM   #48
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
you guys are right.
i guess me and other older fans just freaked out a bit with the crowd because with so much sonic blablabla during the last days we're expecting something different.

we were expecting a show beyhond normal, something that the band would notice, something that would make the difference when they have to decide where to tour. that's all.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2007, 10:19 AM   #49
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
wow, thats pretty shitty, that CSS lark are a load of shite if you ask me. i'm going to see SY at an irish festival right after the weekend of DDN in London and i for one will be going nutzo at it. i'll be drunk as a skunk up the front
Old 08.18.2007, 03:19 PM   #50
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
wow, thats pretty shitty, that CSS lark are a load of shite if you ask me. i'm going to see SY at an irish festival right after the weekend of DDN in London and i for one will be going nutzo at it. i'll be drunk as a skunk up the front

like a true irish .
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2007, 05:52 AM   #51
Thin_icE
bad moon rising

Thin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
I had never seen CSS and I must say I enjoyed it a lot, they made a cover of L7's "Pretend We're Dead" that was amazing, mostly because it seemed that only me and my girlfriend knew the song..lol
Thin_icE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2007, 01:57 PM   #52
Pires
empty page

Pires is a jewel in the roughPires is a jewel in the roughPires is a jewel in the rough
I completely disagree with you. I was there and I saw thousands really enjoying the show, me included and I'm not into jumping and stuff. In fact I saw many people clapping and dancing and Thurston looking at the crowd and smiling etc etc etc. You guys are giving the wrong idea about the show and the festival (the only one in Portugal which people goes mainly for the music). Stupid people? There are everywhere but what I saw last wednesday was a great crowd. Here's the setlist:

Pires is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 07:43 AM   #53
JackStoner
empty page

JackStoner has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin_icE
I had never seen CSS and I must say I enjoyed it a lot, they made a cover of L7's "Pretend We're Dead" that was amazing, mostly because it seemed that only me and my girlfriend knew the song..lol

i was there and i really enjoy the cover, i knew it from a long time ago. and i'm sure that all sonic fans knew it.
JackStoner is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 06:55 PM   #54
mAraujo
little trouble girl

mAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to beholdmAraujo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpiente
I didn't go to see them,
didn't go to Algarve,

I was riding on Rocinante....

But, I did watched the festival through some local tv station(SIC Radical).

Architecture in Helsinki were great.
Dinosaur Jr. were ok
CSS were ok

the rest = shit/boring (yeh...even the dolls.)

I was hoping to see SY, but the tv station didn't get the proper authorization to broadcast their concert.
Yeah, the Dolls really sucked. Only the Babyshambles managed to be worse. The most boring crap I've ever seen, and Pete Doherty just can't play guitar.
mAraujo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth