Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page pat metheny-zero tolerance for silence
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.26.2009, 04:54 AM   #1
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
wow, i can't believe this is actually metheny i'm listening too, i might actually check out his album with ornette now because this shit is pretty skronk

“The most radical recording of this decade. A new milestone in electric guitar. A challenge to the challengers.” - Thurston Moore, Sonic Youth
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2009, 11:40 AM   #2
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
yeah metheny is weird. most of his pat metheny group stuff tho not all of it is unlistenable to me b/c of the smooth jazz streaks. but he made some great shit too. the ornette record is real good tho denardo coleman who is the 2nd drummer on that disc sometimes plays really annoying synth drums...yuck. but the thing as a whole is real good.

also check out a trio record he made with billy higgins and charlie haden-ornette's rhythm section of the 50's and 60's. dont remember the name but it;s from the early 80s. the second to last song is definitely a sort of noise work out. real good too.

also there is a song called faith healer on this pat metheny trio live double cd from the early 2000s that is huge and very noisy and skronky.

weird dude.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth