Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Beyonce without Auto-Tune
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2009, 04:16 PM   #21
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Beyonce's miming was captured, and vaunted as her 'real' singing. You still have to get close to the note for an autotuner to sound right, otherwise you sound like this. The notion of the 'real' singer is all well and good, but PAs are much louder than they were in, say, Edith Piaf's days.

I'm not necessarily defending Beyoncé's talent, I'm saying that taking one recorded instance of her singing without the context and claiming she relies on an autotuner just means you don't know what an autotuner does. By which I mean - it searches for the nearest consonant note in a preset scale - if you're more than a note out (as this audio is) the sound that comes out would be wrong.

I'd suggest that the fact that Beyoncé's singing lower, as she is in the Stern clip, is more of an attempt to hear herself over whatever other sound is happening (because you can feel lower notes in your body better than you can high notes).

Glicey, I never mentioned autotuning. I was saying that she was just singing along with her backing track. As for PA's being louder, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything as monitors speakers are also louder. Also the PA's in use most of the time these days particularly for big shows etc are of the line array variety. These are quieter behind the boxes than your traditional old school box stacks and flown boxes. In fact you can have a conversation standing behind a line array at 100 dBA without having to raise your voice too much. And if you ever get the chance to stand in front of a nexo PS15 monitor wedge get the engineer to crank it up for but make sure you have some reinforcement between your neck and shoulders 'cos these mofo's will tear your head off.

I do know what you are saying though as Autotuners are next to useless live. I know Radiohead have used them live in the past but as an effect. I can't remember what track it is but Thom Yorke sings and they use the auto tuner to drag his voice out of tune.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 04:18 PM   #22
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Well. It just seems to me to be entirely ridiculous to criticise one hyper-produced thing as 'fake' when the overwhelming majority of records are over-produced. ESPECIALLY when it's patently obvious to anyone who's seen SY live that none of them can hold a note for shit (ESPECIALLY Kim).

SY is a completely different aesthetic.
Old 04.22.2009, 04:20 PM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
no one is talking about records Glice. we is talking abou live performances from people whose asses are constantly sucked proclaiming them to the great VOICES
Old 04.22.2009, 04:27 PM   #24
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
no one is talking about records Glice. we is talking abou live performances from people whose asses are constantly sucked proclaiming them to the great VOICES
yeah but you know, you realize the world is fucked about singing when you can read the following as a commentary to this video:

"
kamilleCHAOS (il y a 1 mois) Afficher Masquer
+2
Marqué comme spam
Répondre | Spam
Woow .
I Love Crystal Castles .
But, are their voices really like that?
... hm, am i asking a dumb question?
maybe so .
but, I just don't know .
hah hah .
=)
ps: this is my ringtone!
"

(btw i think crystal castles are rubbish crap)
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 04:29 PM   #25
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
who cares? single ladies is still an awesome song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1nixzYHDus
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 04:35 PM   #26
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

i find that booty shaking in that clip quite the sickner... a bit like madonna sticking her 50 year old praying mantis vagina camel toe in every film clip.
Old 04.22.2009, 04:39 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
that song is fucking horrible. I could kill people if exposed to that bullshit for too long.
Old 04.22.2009, 04:40 PM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I'd rather listen to fat guys from h-town singin bout syrup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsoMVxtKlGM
Old 04.22.2009, 04:42 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Beyonce's dad went on TMZ to say it's a hoax. he sez someone's perpin a fraud!
Old 04.22.2009, 04:52 PM   #30
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, looks like it's fake. That Enrique Iglesias one says right in the info that it is fake.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 05:01 PM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the iglesias one is dead on REAL man. that fuck cannot sing. he sings to backing tracks.
Old 04.22.2009, 06:37 PM   #32
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

the CIA has been trying to put drugs into music for ages, and they've finally succeeded with this crack-hybrid.

the "song" itself was created by scientists in a black-ops laboratory, deep below White Sands, New Mexico.

snippets of frequencies from around the world were chosen by the Echelon mainframe based upon their rating within It's stimulation_matrix.

these snippets were then woven together to create musical-mind-control.

but who cares about all of that? I'd lick the paint off of her.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 06:45 PM   #33
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOK
Yeah, looks like it's fake. That Enrique Iglesias one says right in the info that it is fake.

just because it's in the info, it's true?

i believe it is real. no doubt in my mind. it doesn't necessarily mean they're bad singers. it's just sad that people pay overpriced tickets to see some assclown NOT sing live
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 07:05 PM   #34
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Autotune is the best friend of Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and loads of other shitacular pop artists whose success is based solely off their looks.
Old 04.22.2009, 09:07 PM   #35
exploding plastic candle
children of satan

exploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Autotune is the best friend of Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and loads of other shitacular pop artists whose success is based solely off their looks.

Not to mention Lil Wayne. except he uses it to make his voice sound even worse
exploding plastic candle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 09:07 PM   #36
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12eKIQN1AU
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 09:55 PM   #37
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
That T Pain vid is priceless
Old 04.22.2009, 11:55 PM   #38
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
we are eager imaginaires.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2009, 12:37 AM   #39
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins

^^^ jealous ass hater
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2009, 01:08 AM   #40
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I just looked up the "Joined-Ass Brothers" that I keep hearing about. I'm somewhat gay, of course (as everyone is, if they're being honest), so I feel I can properly evaluate their physical attractiveness. And, guess what, these dudes are UGLY as FUCK. I can see the appeal of that Zac Effron guy (who I only know about because he's on Eggo boxes that I have to stock in the frozen foods department where I work at), he is somewhat cute, but these little fuckers look like ratty-ass dogs. Their hair looks like pubes. Can't see anything attractive about them whatsoever.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth