Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Dinosaur Jr. Live 4/7/06 The Orange Peel
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.08.2006, 04:15 PM   #1
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Well, I finally got to see this amazing group. & it was one of the greatest shows I've seen in a while. Let me tell you the story. I got there real early & checked out downtown Asheville. Went to an art exhibit @ the Asheville Arts Council. They were showing pieces of women artists in Asheville. & went to the skate shop PUSH, & saw a unique art gallery there as well. Got a bite to eat, smoked a splif, & went to get my tickets at the box-office.
Well, on my walk up to The Orange Peel box-office, I pass the tour bus outside, & right next to me is J.Mascis just hanging out.
Then the doors finally open. I get inside, get my concert t-shirt, & mark my territory in front of the left side of the stage. Priestess wasn't that great. the drummer was pretty good. Now, Dead Meadow, they were fucking amazing.
Just a great sound, & they're great musicians. Especially the bass player.
& Dinosaur Jr., what can be said that hasn't been said before. They were fucking amazing. It was great to see J. again, but I loved seeing Lou & Murph kick the shit out of their instruments. Of course, J. was amazing as always.
So, the show is over. J., Lou, & Murph are walking off stage. & suddenly, Murph throws his drumstick in the front row. & guess who got it.
All in all, it was a great day, & a great show. I just wanted to share it w/ you.

Sonic Life
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 02:54 PM   #2
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Hey wickd.....ive seen em twice in london. I wouldnt call myself a huge fan, but i do love their early stuff.....the second time i saw em, they played your living all over me in its entirety!!! one of the best shows ive everEvAR attended!! ...Took my disposible cam an got a few pics....not that great quality tho...it was dark an shakey...But the croud were so energetic, pretty violent...i had my bit of action in the pit, croudsurfed an had a few beers with my mates....great show. I didnt see J. after the show though....proably cos my back was in agony...but now i wish i cudve endured the pain just to see one of my idols.....First post here by the way
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 03:08 PM   #3
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
That's awesome! It sounds soo fun.

I'm hoping I can catch SY with Pearl Jam in San Francisco, but it seems less and less likely each day.
Old 04.09.2006, 08:37 PM   #4
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
schizo:

It was a great day. I'm grateful I got to see them.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth