Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Sarah Palin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.01.2008, 04:05 PM   #61
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i knew it

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2008, 04:18 PM   #62
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I see Ms Palin is of German stock too...I wonder if she can drink steins of Beer whilst singing Slagermusik tunes. If so, I'll go drinking with her.
Old 09.03.2008, 10:08 PM   #63
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone watching this?
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 10:13 PM   #64
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I watched the beginning. Got really bored through purposefully long cheer and then even more once I realized she was saying nothing important at all.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 10:24 PM   #65
luisxvi
bad moon rising

luisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's asses
Is it just me or is McCain just trying to appeal hip and not a sexist old fuddy duddy by getting Palin in?
Old 09.03.2008, 10:28 PM   #66
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I just listened to it on the World Service. She started quite nervously I thought but improved a lot as she went on. She certainly proved that she wasn't the 'joke' she's being portrayed as in the UK (in a campaigning sense at least - politically she's not even worth thinking about). With that in mind I'd definitely say she did a better job of making McCain look like a credible potential president than McCain seems capable of doing himself. Maybe her appointment wasn't quite as odd as it first seemed.

The 'average Hockey mom' schtick was inevitably pathetic but, I'm sure any republicans listening would've been slightly relieved that she atleast didn't jump out of a giant cake at the beginning. Although is it me or do all Republicans have a problem pronouncing basic words? They're a blooper reel editor's dream. Ironically the best speech I've heard so far at the convention has been ex-Democrat Leiberman's (sp)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 10:28 PM   #67
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2008, 10:30 PM   #68
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Thanks for the simple reply, simpleton.

Almost surprised that none of the hot air was able to sway you, you know...since you're such a simpleton. And simpletons are easily swayed by repulsive lies due to the fact that they know very little and refuse to pay attention. But, in a very real way you're even worse than a simpleton. You're an apathetic simpleton...hurrah for you. You're such a credit to the human race.
Ha ha, the paragraph added to offset your own simple sentence.

But of course there weren't tons of other things that were happening at the time such as my dinner cooked or my movie paused half-way or that I already know the Palin talking points or that there was someone else in the living room who I don't enjoy being around (yes, all these are true). It's not that I'm apathetic, I just seem to care in a time and place contrary to when you do. Get over yourself.
Old 09.03.2008, 10:32 PM   #69
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Is it just me or are they right that the majority of people are as stupid as they think they are?

Once again, we'll get who we truly, I suppose, deserve and distraction, ignorance and apathy reign supreme.
Ah, I see. You're in a mood. Palin's bullshit has got you gunning for people to condemn.
Old 09.03.2008, 10:35 PM   #70
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Idiot
Old 09.03.2008, 10:40 PM   #71
pbradley
invito al cielo

Simpleton
Old 09.03.2008, 10:44 PM   #72
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, it's a campaign speech for the party faithful. I haven't heard any actual 'politics' from either side. These convention addresses are written more like Oscar acceptance speeches these days than they are anything else. Obama's was no different. So far I'd give him best leading actor, her best leading actress and Leiberman best performance in a supporting role. Either way the movie was dreadful.
Old 09.03.2008, 10:50 PM   #73
luisxvi
bad moon rising

luisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's asses
It was a funny interview McCain gave on ABC earlier. He is sounding more and more like a robot as the days go on. He even looks like one too, almost a wax work that has come to life.
Old 09.03.2008, 10:53 PM   #74
atari 2600
invito al cielo

In a straight-up debate they have no chance against Obama/Biden. But there is no such thing as a such a debate. Besides, people are too distracted, ignorant and apathetic. Plus, the media is on eggshells lest they appear sexist. Bet it won't even be as close as last time. Two weeks before the election and after repeated innuendo (spin about the Dems being strong on tax hikes and weak on defense), they'll drop the motherlode about Barack's middle name to the still unaware masses. Obama's not carrying Florida or Georgia. He probably won't even get Colorado or Virginia. Therefore, he loses. Please explain to me how you expect that he wins. l mean, please. Because I hope I'm wrong. Sadly, I'm not. Anyone who thinks differently is merely deluded. The polls are unreliable, so don't go there.
Old 09.03.2008, 10:55 PM   #75
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisxvi
It was a funny interview McCain gave on ABC earlier. He is sounding more and more like a robot as the days go on. He even looks like one too, almost a wax work that has come to life.

That's my point with him selecting Palin. She does a far better job of humanising him than he seems able to himself. I have to be careful coming from the UK and not being privy to the mindset of the everyday American, but I do find it hard to imagine anything other than an Obama victory come November. I think the only problem, from what I understand, is that Republicans seem like far more determined voters than their opponents.
Old 09.03.2008, 10:58 PM   #76
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
These Republicans have jumped the shark so many damn innumerable times, a new term should be invented.

Anyone have an appropriate phrase to coin to adequately describe their inappropriateness?
Republican't
Old 09.03.2008, 11:04 PM   #77
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
In a straight-up debate they have no chance against Obama/Biden. But there is no such thing as a such a debate. Besides, people are too distracted, ignorant and apathetic. Plus, the media is on eggshells lest they appear sexist. Bet it won't even be as close as last time. Two weeks before the election after repeated innuendo, they'll drop the bomb about Barack's middle name to the still unaware masses. Obama's not carrying Florida or Georgia. He probably won't even get Colorado or Virginia. Therefore, he loses. Please explain to me how you expect he wins. l mean, please. Because I hope I'm wrong. Sadly, I'm not. Anyone who thinks differently is merely deluded. The polls are unreliable, so don't go there.

Again, I feel slightly out of my depth here but, from a UK perspective, there is almost no coverage of McCain whatsoever. Europe seems convinced that Obama is going to walk it. Personally I'm not so confident. You're right that in a straight fight Obama and Biden would walk away with it, and that's largely what I'm basing my confidence on. But I can't possibly account for the mind-set of an American people that will, at the end of the day decide the whole thing. In terms of political nouse it's a Democrat landslide, in terms of appealing to the American people, I think you maybe right, although you're obviously far better judged than I am to really know.
Old 09.03.2008, 11:08 PM   #78
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Why are the polls unreliable?

In brief, the polls don't take into account what's very likely to be a stacked deck in the electoral college. And to boot, people are more apt to resist coming off as racist in a poll. When they are casting a secret ballot, it's a whole other matter.
Old 09.03.2008, 11:16 PM   #79
demonrail666
invito al cielo

My stock response to this kind of problem is that we should only let the French vote in elections, regardless of the country. But given that they elected Sarkozy, I can't even use that anymore.

Yes, the race issue was my immediate fear during the contest between Obama and Clinton, but even given his overwhelming support among democrats, I fear that I might have been right. How depressing.
Old 09.03.2008, 11:21 PM   #80
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Again, I feel slightly out of my depth here but, from a UK perspective, there is almost no coverage of McCain whatsoever. Europe seems convinced that Obama is going to walk it. Personally I'm not so confident. You're right that in a straight fight Obama and Biden would walk away with it, and that's largely what I'm basing my confidence on. But I can't possibly account for the mind-set of an American people that will, at the end of the day decide the whole thing. In terms of political nouse it's a Democrat landslide, in terms of appealing to the American people, I think you maybe right, although you're obviously far better judged than I am to really know.

this is because, like i stated somewhere earlier, the media is horribly skewed to the left. people outside of the country, and people who largely rely on the internet for news, really have no clue what is going on.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth