Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page i'm looking for a rare Butthole Surfers song
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.12.2006, 09:57 PM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
It's called " I don't have a problem ". It was from their unreleased After the Astronaut album. Any of you surfer's freaks wanna yousendit to me?
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 08:51 AM   #2
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Sounds intriguing.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 11:50 AM   #3
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
I've got a shitload of Surfers stuff but I'm not familiar with that album or song.....??? Could it have an alternate title? Sometimes on their live bootlegs teh songs have weird different names....

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 02:27 PM   #4
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
I've actually heard it once before on the internet but I can't remember where. It's weird trippy music with samples of different people's voices repeating various things like " I don't have a problem with any of it " " These girls, they got knives " and one that sounds like it's saying " the creature scares me " with weird bubbling in the background
Old 07.13.2006, 02:36 PM   #5
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
This was a track on the unreleased After The Astronaut LP.

The original version of Weird Revolution was titled After the Astronaut on Capital Records back in 1998. Right before the album was about to be put into production Capital refused to release it because there were no "Peppers" on it. ATA is only available in Promo Cassette form and you sometimes see it on eBay.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 03:19 AM   #6
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

I actually remember when that was supposed to come out. It was 1998 and on the board in most record shops they have that sign that says, next month new music by: And one of them said Butthole surfers but I remember coming in one day and seeing them taking down the poster for it

Marcy playground ripped off the cover art too, even the log letters

Old 07.15.2006, 12:41 AM   #7
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
I've actually heard it once before on the internet but I can't remember where. It's weird trippy music with samples of different people's voices repeating various things like " I don't have a problem with any of it " " These girls, they got knives " and one that sounds like it's saying " the creature scares me " with weird bubbling in the background

That description reminds me a little of Strangers Die Everyday.

Eh it sucks that the surfers have gone away gone astray but they were never ever gone come anywhere close to their classic era and I've got that stuff so I'm pretty happy. Although the Humpty Dumpty LSD was really cool! I'd like to see more releases dealing with unreleased material or differnt weird versions. Can you imagine a Locust Abortion Technician double album like the Dirty Deluxe? That is if they have any extra material but I'd love to hear demos from that very strange album

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 08:33 AM   #8
sarramkrop

This link might be helpful. You have to register:

http://bhsforumboard.multiply.com/music
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2008, 12:38 PM   #9
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
THESE GIRLS, THEY GOT KNIIIVES, MAN, FOR OTHER WOMEN. THEY GOT KNIIIVES AND DAGGERS.

did you ever get this? do you even still post here? (hah -- forum searching BHS)

anyways....I have it if you still want it.

Junky Jenny in Gaytown is better though.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2008, 01:26 PM   #10
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
yay surfers
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth