Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Do you generally give a honest opinion to someone when it comes to their music?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: ...
Yes 15 48.39%
No 5 16.13%
Sometimes I lie, other times I tell the truth 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10.20.2008, 11:51 PM   #41
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
I dissed my friend's sis's band once and she gave me hell for the whole week. Apparently Maximum Rock'n'Roll said they're the "second coming of The Descendants." They're pretty.. unextraordinary. You judge.

http://www.myspace.com/cheekyli

i really like cheeky. i just bought their 7 inch and heard that they are coming out with a new album next year or something. i wouldn't say they're the second coming of the descendents but they're a great band.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 03:08 AM   #42
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
If it's a musician, then I'll usually say they're good at what they do. Which is usually true, most of the serious musicians at my school can play their instrument.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 03:31 AM   #43
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I always use the phrase "I never really got into them"
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 04:23 AM   #44
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I constantly lie, because i don't want to hurt the person, especially if I like him/her.
Or, better put, I don't lie. I just focus on the good points and keep silent about the bad ones.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 06:33 AM   #45
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i ll vote yes, because my intention is to say the truth and help by telling it.
my constant fear is whether i m honest, first to myself then to the creator, if i m objective when i like the creator.

the following stand in general, since i dont talk about music with people in real life.

same.

same.
seconding what you said about personal taste/opinion.
i appreciate people who tell you their opinion about smth they dont like. it helps you improve things.
i try to do that too, when possible.

yes, the key is constructive criticism, but the problem is most people dont wanna hear that. my intentions are never to hurt somebody. but there is always a choice of words you can use.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 06:34 AM   #46
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I constantly lie, because i don't want to hurt the person, especially if I like him/her.
Or, better put, I don't lie. I just focus on the good points and keep silent about the bad ones.

I will never ask you again
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 06:38 AM   #47
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
I will never ask you again

dude, i wasn't lying to you. I liked your track for real.
I also told you it didn't seem very cyberpunk to me, as I recall.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 06:40 AM   #48
al shabbray

yes which wasnt bad in my opinion at all
my last reply was just semi-serious
I will definately ask you again (but be sure I can take negative opinions as well, just for the record)

rep for your honesty
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 07:10 AM   #49
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
The best personal example I can give is listening to my boyfriend's music.
I always tell him honestly what I feel. The majority of the time, he's
creating sounds that are at the very least interesting and worthy of
further time and effort, and I tell him so. If it's something weak, I'll
tell him that too.

The worst review is no review.

right the fuck on.

I always tell the truth when it comes to music, and I always enjoy straightforward opinions on what I write.
Old 10.21.2008, 03:51 PM   #50
sarramkrop

This guy who asked me for an opinion about his myspace 2 weeks ago went on to send me 4(!) replies asking for an explanation as to why I thought his band's songs were ''anonymous sounding''. I bit my tongue because he is a friend of a friend and tried to be reasonable throughout the exchanges, which also involved some of his band mates. Thankfully just before I was going to reply ''LOOK, ARE YOU FUCKING DEAF OR SO IN NEED OF WIPING THE INTERIORS OF YOUR FUCKING EARS THAT YOU CAN'T TELL YOUR OWN MUSIC SOUNDS LIKE IT'S BEEN PLAYED (BADLY) BY A BUNCH OF ELECTROFUCKINGPOP 80'S HERMAPHRODITIES WHO CATER FOR EARTARDS??'' he got the point.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 03:53 PM   #51
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
right the fuck on.

I always tell the truth when it comes to music, and I always enjoy straightforward opinions on what I write.

Do you mind me telling you that I'm not a fan of yours, then?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 03:57 PM   #52
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
It depends. If it is HORRIBLE, I don't bother, becuase it's not like I am going to get a guy who only listens to Rammstein or Blink 182 to start listening to really good stuff, so I just let them be. Unless, of course, they start bashing my music, in which case I rip them a new one with my musical elitism.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2008, 03:58 PM   #53
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
I dissed my friend's sis's band once and she gave me hell for the whole week. Apparently Maximum Rock'n'Roll said they're the "second coming of The Descendants." They're pretty.. unextraordinary. You judge.

http://www.myspace.com/cheekyli

that shit's too funny. the second coming of the descendents was ALL

I wish no one tried to sound like the descendents or screeching weasel anymore, but every "punk" band sounds exactly like them!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth