Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Questions for Sonic Youth lossless bootleg collectors
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.28.2006, 09:46 AM   #1
sy2004
stalker

sy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's asses
With so many Sonic Youth bootlegs being available in the lossless format over the last years, I wonder how you Sonic fans handle those treasures?

1. Do you try to collect them all?
2. What do you do with them?
- write each one to audio-CD and delete the source files afterwards?
- burn in the lossless format on CD/DVD?
- something else?

3. If there no (fan-made) cover art, do you try to make one yourself?
(any advice for making cover art is welcome)

sy2004

sy2004 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 10:02 AM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2004
1. Do you try to collect them all?

i usually look at the set list, then i look into the mustang site about the data of that show and shows around it. then i listen to the show, if i don't like it, i delete it (case in point, rock en seine). it's not hard science i might pass on a show latter on i'd be drooling to get. it's the way i do it and it's very dumb, i know

Quote:
2. What do you do with them?
- write each one to audio-CD and delete the source files afterwards?
- burn in the lossless format on CD/DVD?
- something else?

i burn them to audio cd usually. sometimes i commit crimes against dime a dozen and convert them to lossy formats if i can't burn them right away and store in my hard drive

Quote:
3. If there no (fan-made) cover art, do you try to make one yourself?
(any advice for making cover art is welcome)

i make my own art, but having so many boots makes it difficult to come up with good art fast, so i don't have art for all of my boots. i use coreldraw (because i lost my copy of photoshop in one to many formattings of hard drive) to design the covers and print them, and i make sleeves with cardboard (this, i have to admit, i was inspired because back when i started looking thru the sy board i came across a "post your bootleg art" thread and someone mentioned they did it). for inspiration, i start by looking at flyer/poster artwork (because i love that) and if i don't come up with anything inspiring i just start googling images and something eventually inspires me to do something. i've been thinking about posting my boot art at the "post yr sy fan art" thread.

hope i was of help
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 10:58 AM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
from beginning i was downloading only those, that i've considered attractive to me. lately i'm trying to collect all bootlegs i come across (mainly dime) and it starting to be some kind of obssesion as i can see, hehe.

I keep them lossless on my external hd which i've bought mainly for sy data storage like bootlegs, videos and rare stuff (50Gb. so far). So therefore i don't have to burn it on cds and do artwork (but now you got me thinking that i should make a backup dvds, just in case something would happened to hd, [that would be loss!]).

back to bootlegs. i would be interested record live gig myself sometime, if i would have equipment and know how. it'd be interesting i'd say.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 02:40 PM   #4
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i've been thinking about posting my boot art at the "post yr sy fan art" thread.

Do it so I can use them for mine and take the credit.....sike. It'll be cool to see!
Old 04.28.2006, 02:42 PM   #5
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Do it so I can use them for mine and take the credit.....sike. It'll be cool to see!

i wouldn't mind people using it...but take credit on it, and i'll hunt you down like an animal!!! i will know if you do it, i have three eyes
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth