Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.12.2014, 02:27 AM   #37661
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
best of luck nefeli. just another step in the path of life

yes, thank you Rob.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2014, 03:46 AM   #37662
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
our ministry of economics.

You still have one of those over there?
Kidding.
Make the best of it.
It's just work.
You're more than that.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2014, 09:26 AM   #37663
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
You still have one of those over there?
Kidding.
Make the best of it.
It's just work.
You're more than that.

thank you dear. and i ll try.

one position that intrigued me, the only actually, is called:
control center of BIG WEALTH tax payers.

fuck it. i ll do what i have to and as long as i can.

i m lucky i have you people here supporting me regarding art. coz in real life, i dont get that much. i mean from my people. not in the sense you do, which is as i need it. in the sense of being understood (not praised etc).
Old 11.12.2014, 09:52 AM   #37664
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
You are a brilliant artist.
And lots of us lead double lives.I know you can handle it.
Those guys in Incapacitants are bankers, and the High Rise guitarist was a securities firm vice president.

Survival is important. But pressure does suck.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2014, 10:05 AM   #37665
Nefeli
invito al cielo

the work itself, i hope, i think i will be able to handle it.
the interaction again with assholes, on that i have zero tolerance. done it for 17 yrs and i m terrified of it. i hope i ll be lucky. its one of the few things i believe luck has smth to do with; with what kind of coworkers one ends up with.

and it was a coincidence. i somehow listened to incapacitants, yesterday in the morning. opened and closed a page for the so - called box strategy (derivatives/ box is stupid compilation). and then got that call.
Old 11.12.2014, 10:12 AM   #37666
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Ah yes. Co workers, family and neighbors are three things that can make your life great or miserable, and three things none of us have any control over. I have usually been lucky, but the times when I have not have been pretty awful.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2014, 10:21 AM   #37667
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Person I study with: So you like cats even though you're allergic to them?
Me: Yeah
PISW: How?
Me: Well, I guess everyone has got something they really like but that isn't exactly healthy for them.
PISW: No, not me
Me: Really? There's nothing?
PISW: Nope
Me: Come on, you've never been in love?
PISW: ...
Me: Well, consider yourself lucky then
PISW: I do

Is my point of view just fucked up or am I right in raising an eyebrow/to call BS on this one?

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2014, 10:54 AM   #37668
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Is my point of view just fucked up or am I right in raising an eyebrow/to call BS on this one?

the other person is being deliberately dense.

Quote:
the work itself, i hope, i think i will be able to handle it.
the interaction again with assholes, on that i have zero tolerance. done it for 17 yrs and i m terrified of it. i hope i ll be lucky. its one of the few things i believe luck has smth to do with; with what kind of coworkers one ends up with.

and it was a coincidence. i somehow listened to incapacitants, yesterday in the morning. opened and closed a page for the so - called box strategy (derivatives/ box is stupid compilation). and then got that call.

i think i know what you mean. i hate people. well, not all of them, but many. i have little patience left. maybe you can find a place where they leave you alone with your toughts. i know it's hard. they have all the stuff we need and we have to go to them to get it. i still haven't solved this one. i'm working on it though.

the other thing to watch out for i suppose is to avoid matching your spending with your income. everybody needs some "fuck you" money, especially those who aren't there voluntarily. take the money and run.

there is a guy who says if you can live on 25% of your income you can retire in 7 years: http://earlyretirementextreme.com/bo...he-matrix.html

7 years is a long time but it's better than 40, right?

wait, i think he's now saying 5. even better.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2014, 10:32 AM   #37669
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the other person is being deliberately dense.

i think i know what you mean. i hate people. well, not all of them, but many. i have little patience left. maybe you can find a place where they leave you alone with your toughts. i know it's hard. they have all the stuff we need and we have to go to them to get it. i still haven't solved this one. i'm working on it though.

the other thing to watch out for i suppose is to avoid matching your spending with your income. everybody needs some "fuck you" money, especially those who aren't there voluntarily. take the money and run.

there is a guy who says if you can live on 25% of your income you can retire in 7 years: http://earlyretirementextreme.com/bo...he-matrix.html

7 years is a long time but it's better than 40, right?

wait, i think he's now saying 5. even better.

heh of course thats on my mind. it also was when i said i ll have a plan.
there are drawbacks because of the very low salaries nowadays, but yeah.
it even has crossed my mind to lie to people that i earn less money than the actual low number, so i wont have to explain myself all the time.
and cudos for the blog. started reading some entries today. thank you.
Old 11.13.2014, 01:32 PM   #37670
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
heh of course thats on my mind. it also was when i said i ll have a plan.
there are drawbacks because of the very low salaries nowadays, but yeah.
it even has crossed my mind to lie to people that i earn less money than the actual low number, so i wont have to explain myself all the time.
and cudos for the blog. started reading some entries today. thank you.
that is great. i'm glad you like it. break a leg!
Old 11.13.2014, 04:06 PM   #37671
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Nostalgia Thursday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzAEB2a6pX0

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2014, 06:06 PM   #37672
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Woke up form a days slumber to a freezing house (66' inside)......thankfully it was just a tripped breaker.

It's going to be in the upper 20's tonight
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2014, 11:45 AM   #37673
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
that is great. i'm glad you like it. break a leg!

http://earlyretirementextreme.com/ho...vestments.html

how all investors should be! applause.
Old 11.14.2014, 01:09 PM   #37674
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Woke up form a days slumber to a freezing house (66' inside).

ha ha ha-- that's downright COZY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
It's going to be in the upper 20's tonight

heat people, not spaces! (well, except for the water pipes, ha ha)

Quote:
http://earlyretirementextreme.com/ho...vestments.html

how all investors should be! applause.

jacob fiskar is a pretty awesome thinker. i love how he brings his analytical processes to everyday situations. and he's always a provocative thinker.

i'm curious as how you perceive him considering your education & work background. plus, i'm curiois to know how fast you can make it, ha ha ha!

(i skipped the whole financial instrument thing & went back to the land instead-- but i understand this option is not available to everyone)
Old 11.14.2014, 01:44 PM   #37675
Nefeli
invito al cielo

whole thing -the blog- is overwhelming, in terms of amounts for me to read.
so i read few entries here and there and then went straight to HOW he made the money, because obviously only by saving for only 5 or 10 yrs, you cant make sufficient amount for the rest of your life. unless...well, lets stay positive.

i ll try to have a daily routine reading parts this blog. thank you again.

lol i dont think i can make it! (was reading the 'why few succeed' part hehe). he was dedicated and he was dedicated in the investing part. spent time on that. respect. got me into some thinking though, i mean whether i could ever find the interest and dedication to do the same.

only by that part i posted, i respect and admire him. if that replies to how i percieve him. not only considering my education etc, but mostly because of the way he invested; reflected elements of his character and personality, elements i related to. for example: risk aversion, or if you take the risk having explored it before, owning knowledge at least some before you invest (or make a move in your life in general), minimum greediness.

also! his manifesto, the way he perceives money, is the way i do to. since mid 90s i remember myself thinking about money like that. so that means since the first time i got into real world - after uni etc. not much later on, was witnessing all this consuming frenzy and seeing it for what it really was -got into it as well, but in very moderate way and got out of it early.

what do you mean 'went back to land instead'? you mean you did the properties/land investing thing?
Old 11.14.2014, 06:00 PM   #37676
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

you understand money and business finance better than all of us here so of course it's great to hear what you think of his ideas.

as for people failing, in one of the posts he mentions: the domestic economy is the most important aspect of his system. i believe the reason people fail at this is not so much of how they invest (some have done the same with simple index funds) but because they can't tame their expenses as they think they "need" a bunch of (unnecessary) things. the investment part i'm sure you'll manage fine.

separate from all that he has whole discussions on the economy, ecology, the role of work, etc., that i think you'll find interesting when you get to them (no rush, ha ha).

the land: i live in a ranch, without rent or mortgage and some level of self-sufficiency (e.g., heating, construction materials, etc-- other things like food to be developed in the future). the tax-free benefits of that are equivalent to sitting on a large pile of dividend stocks. it has its cons, but it's a decent shortcut.
Old 11.15.2014, 02:44 AM   #37677
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
but because they can't tame their expenses as they think they "need" a bunch of (unnecessary) things.

this is harder because it has to do with views of the world one has.
when the crisis first started, it was one of the positive things that i was thinking will come out of this. that people will stop consuming, will start thinking and realizing what really matters in life. those who are lucky and arent in the true poverty line.

there is always a thin line between anticonsumer and not being stingy (?).
you have to do it in a gentle way.
and however the crisis, the love for gadgets for example, hasnt being defeated yet.
most people consume less nowadays, but if that gets to you, makes you miserable, then nothing has changed.

personally i have troubles especially with my mother and one of my closest people. they dont get me in that aspect. only one of my close people gets it and he changed because he had to; he was the worst in consuming during 90s, i never really asked, but he spent fortunes on materials. at least he has really changed.

and a side note. being anticonsumer is a whole different and a very much harder ball game, if you have kids.
Old 11.15.2014, 09:24 AM   #37678
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yes, what you say is of course al true, but this is where online communities come handy. they operate as support groups in the face of mainstream social pressure. i have a mother too and the conversations will go something like this (abridged for the internet):
me: i made this awesome greek yogurt last night! so good and thick and creamy! damn!
mom: wouldn't you like to have a yogurt store like _____?
me: ufffff!
(she doesn't get the farm/art retreat thing or why i wouldn't want to turn a simple pleasure into a commercial venture full of headaches)

as for the kids part, sure thing, but there are people with kids who have done the same regardless. there's some guy who goes by "mr money mustache" (and has a blog) who did that with his wife & kid. i don't like his blog much because where jacob is scientfic/philosophical mustache is more of a moralist/cultist, which annoys me, but it's there to check out: http://www.mrmoneymustache.com

jacob officially "retired" from baing a public figure some years ago but keeps the blog running/republishing posts, and when he did he named mustache as his "successor" of sorts. they are not the same but have very similar ideas. mustache has offspring and is more marketing-oriented than nery jacob.

anyway here is one article about kids. he argues actually the oposite (it's a long article): http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/...-what-you-get/

ha ha ha. i hope you like this.
Old 11.16.2014, 01:13 PM   #37679
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Hi y'all.....

So...there's been an interesting development in this relationship I'm in. SO my girlfriend is pretty kinky....like really fucking kinky. The topic of 3somes(yes, with another girl) have been brought up in the past, and she has a small history with girls(one being her best friend). And earlier this week....she told me something her friend asked her the other day at school. She asked my girlfriend, "So....where's my invite? I know you and I'm wondering where's my invite...". So the other night she asked me what I think about that. I simply said, "I don't know what to say, this is unexpected and I didn't think (insert name of friend) was like that...sort of(she's a little promiscuous)". Now....I know her friend, she's cool, she's pretty.....and honestly...it'd probably be super awesome with those two...but I didn't think her and I really bonded or anything.....but whatever. I didn't address it that much because I'm not sure if it's some sort of test...but now I really think that it isn't a test....because she asked me again last night, "would you be ok with a threesome with (insert name of friend)?"
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2014, 01:14 PM   #37680
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
so IM kind of htinking she wants to...

but I told her last night that I don't know and I don't want someone to get jealous....considering they're incredibly close....like sisters...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1384178418341874188118821883 1884 188518861887189419341984 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth