Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What kind of communist are you?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: which school?
Anarchist communism 4 17.39%
Council Communism 0 0%
Eurocommunism 2 8.70%
Marxism 8 34.78%
Leninism 1 4.35%
Maoism 1 4.35%
Stalinisn 0 0%
Titoism 1 4.35%
Trotskyism 1 4.35%
I'm more of a McCarthy person 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09.27.2006, 05:19 PM   #121
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonBox
yeah, i know what you mean. But, I have learned from the mistakes, and I want democraty. of course, I hate dictatorship, with a passion, and indivdual freedom is incredebly important for me, and I dislike Stalin, Lenin and Mao for being such control freaks. I'll figth. And if we'll win. If the people get the power, I'll figth everything that takes the power out of the peoples hands.

what do you mean by individual freedom exactly?
freedom for yourself?
the people who would go to the pimp party arnet wannabe pimps, they are lighthearted people who wanna have fun and are not as worked up about things as you.
should i hand over my hip hop cds to you? they rap about pimping and drug dealing and all kids of stuff.
where does it end?
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 05:25 PM   #122
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonBox
So, why is it social acceptable for kids at my school to call themselfs pimps, and singing along to 50 cents P.I.M.P. lyrics? It's just fucked up.

theyre kids.
its not socialy acceptable.
but what are you gonna do?
kids copy the music they listen to, always have.
to make sure kids are unable to be influenced by certian music, lyrics or whatever, we would have to censor music.
thats where all the trouble starts.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 05:29 PM   #123
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
See my earlier comment about old slang.
The word "Pimp" has come to mean someone that gets a lot of action with the ladies.
They used to call them "Lady Killers" in my parents' day, and for the women, "Man Eaters."
I don't think there was a rise in the social acceptability of murder or cannibalism as a result of these slang terms. Is "pimp" honestly any worse?
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 05:41 PM   #124
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
if you have dreams of ending "the oldest profession" by imposing strict social rules you'll only drive it underground.

come to think of it, cuba has made an industry of it. whores fuck the dollars out of tourist wallets. a big income generator for a struggling country.

then i googled, & check this outQ

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...v40/ai_6819159

as i was saying before, artificial constraints on human nature are delusional. if a woman wants or needs to sell her cunt, it's going to happen. party or no party.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 05:48 PM   #125
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Prostition should become legal, just like Marijuana.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 06:10 PM   #126
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Marijuana should only become legal because of the vast amount of profit it holds for the economy. The government should legalize it and tax the shit out of it.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 06:12 PM   #127
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Marijuana should only become legal because of the vast amount of profit it holds for the economy. The government should legalize it and tax the shit out of it.

like booze and cigarettes?
Old 09.27.2006, 06:14 PM   #128
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah.
The same laws could even apply to marijuana as they do to alcohol.
Old 09.27.2006, 06:15 PM   #129
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

sure, coming from a certified provider it would be safer, i'd smoke it....
Old 09.27.2006, 06:37 PM   #130
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

And it wouldn't be so difficult getting the good stuff. There'd actually be a selection.
Old 09.27.2006, 07:40 PM   #131
Radioactive Poltergeist
bad moon rising

Radioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The thing is people can grow marijuana in their back yard and smoke it or sell it privately. The only reason it's illegal is that the government cant tax it. You can tobacco, so its legal.
Radioactive Poltergeist is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 07:44 PM   #132
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

What do you mean the government can't tax it?
All that they'd have to do is take control of marijuana trafficking and growth (make it illegal to grow, or something) and then force dope smokers to buy it from them.
Old 09.27.2006, 07:47 PM   #133
Radioactive Poltergeist
bad moon rising

Radioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think they are going to be able to force dope smokers to buy from particular areas. The buyers will go where it's cheaper, i.e where there is no tax, from private sources. I just don't think the government would be able to make that much profit from taxing it. It's much easier to tax tobacco because there are large companies. Dope companies don't exist.
Old 09.27.2006, 07:50 PM   #134
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

Dope companies don't exist as of yet (that could, over time, be changed). As I said in an earlier post, though, if the government took control (with big companies or not) they could grow some of the better, and safer, marijuana thus more people would buy it.
I do see your point though.

Also, it in fact might be cheaper buying it at certain stores considering dealers have to make a profit too.
Old 09.27.2006, 07:55 PM   #135
Radioactive Poltergeist
bad moon rising

ok, fair enough, but I do think your proposals, while valid, would just be seen as too risky, hence why governments aren't doing it, unless the government genuinely has personal liberties in mind.

I don't see any other reason why dope should be illegal other than governments not being able to make a profit. Cigarettes are probably more of a health risk than dope, but you can't even think about making them illegal. You know, its all about money.
Old 09.27.2006, 07:58 PM   #136
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

I guess it'd be risky, but not any more then the selling of alcohol or illegal marijuana usage. I'm sure the proposal, if ever made, wouldn't go well with many people and would probably never be put into effect, anyway.
Old 09.27.2006, 08:02 PM   #137
Radioactive Poltergeist
bad moon rising

In New Zealand there is some pressure to legalize it, but purely for personal freedoms and money doesn't seem to be an issue. Also, people here apear to be pretty open to that kind of reform, so there is a chance it could be.

But I really don't see a place like the United States legalizing it if they can't make a buck or two, especially considering the moral uproar I'm sure would accompany such a proposal. Anyway, we all know what the United States government thinks about persoanl freedoms anyway.
Old 09.27.2006, 10:09 PM   #138
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Underwear is for suckers.

Stop teasing me.
Old 09.27.2006, 10:10 PM   #139
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
What do you mean the government can't tax it?
All that they'd have to do is take control of marijuana trafficking and growth (make it illegal to grow, or something) and then force dope smokers to buy it from them.
Don't you think the DEA would have done that by now? We're too stupid to do that!
Old 09.28.2006, 04:27 AM   #140
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
what do you mean by individual freedom exactly?
freedom for yourself?
the people who would go to the pimp party arnet wannabe pimps, they are lighthearted people who wanna have fun and are not as worked up about things as you.
should i hand over my hip hop cds to you? they rap about pimping and drug dealing and all kids of stuff.
where does it end?

This party in particular is quite extreme if you ask me. The flyer has a drawing of a prostitue, and they trew on words like: Money, Sex, Customer, Pimp, Whore, and Joy (!!!??). It's called Red Ligth District Party.

Hehee, you'll may look at me as a partypooper now, but when we contacted the club, and told them our opinion about it, they agreed with us and descided to find another theme for the party.
I guess they most be freedom hating feminists deep in their hearts too.
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth