Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.19.2016, 07:34 PM   #3521
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
UGH. Everyone (clickbait sites, the freaking AP) is totally misinterpreting a Kanye comment about Donald Trump.

So, yeah, he technically did say "I would have voted for Trump," and called Trump's methods effective "because he won!" But what he means, very obviously, at least to me, is that he gets why people voted for Trump. He's saying the methods Trumo used "non-political" and more like simple branding and advertising, are powerful and effective.

He then went on to say of course Trump's racist, we live in a racist country, this isn't news, let's talk about what's next. He also said he'd move his family to Canada if Trump won. So... yeah.

But still, every headline is "Kanye West supports Trump," or "Kanye: 'I would vote for Trump." Uggggghhhh.

Now what I DON'T understand is why the FUCK he apparently didn't vote. Like... what. If I knew him, I'd be considering unfriending his ass, and I'd be having very pointed, unpleasant conversations with him as I am currently having with every one of my non-voting "friends." *facepalm*

Why does he get himself into this shit?

dis nigga here. dis nigga white boy crazy az fuuc. dude trips me out. he claims he can understand Kanyes incoherent blather but, doesn't understands anyone elses.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2016, 07:39 PM   #3522
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Duuuuude.

Ugggghhhh.

Talk normal.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2016, 07:41 PM   #3523
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
ok. nigga u twisted as fuuc.
Old 11.19.2016, 09:00 PM   #3524
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
ok. nigga u twisted as fuuc.

What are your top 10 hip-hop albums of all time, greezy?
Old 11.19.2016, 10:39 PM   #3525
pepper_green
Banned

damn, that was a curve ball. let, let me get back to you on that.

geez, just sucker punch me why don't you.
Old 11.19.2016, 10:52 PM   #3526
pepper_green
Banned

ok, this isn't definitive.

I like Wu and all the first solo albums

first two Beastie Boys

Public Enemy of course, because im a white boy punk and Ghetto Boys.

lots and lots of east coast including Nas, Mobb Deep and so on. west coast doesn't do shit for me.

MF Doom to J Dilla

da la to the Tribe.

Outkast. oh god Outkast!!!!

some Kayne to old boom bap because im old.

you know, the typical shit. I don't have a whole lot of love for trap and lots of ignorant southern rap. Lil Wayne seems like a cool dude to hang with tho, but all in all im old school.
Old 11.19.2016, 11:10 PM   #3527
pepper_green
Banned

don't know. something like that and everything in between. I think rap should drop knowledge. keep the stupid to yrself and fuck off if yr down with polluting society wit bullshite.
Old 11.19.2016, 11:20 PM   #3528
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Hmm. When's that coming out again?

I hope it's more like "FML" and less "Beat it"-lite
It'll sound warmer than his previous stuff. The new single "I Feel It Coming" with Daft Punk did it for me.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2016, 11:24 PM   #3529
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
west coast doesn't do shit for me.
Really? The Chronic and Doggystyle all day..
Old 11.19.2016, 11:28 PM   #3530
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Really? The Chronic and Doggystyle all day..

yea, I mean yeah, I like that stuff too. west coast gangster became so popular so quick. I remember the 90's.

yeah, I mean I love The Chronic and all but, i never indulged in the Gfunk thang. Doggystyle not so much. weak album compared to The Chronic.

Nas and Wu provided something that was much more alternative for me at the time........ they were promoted but not like the west coast thing. MTV.
Old 11.19.2016, 11:39 PM   #3531
louder
invito al cielo

I always preferred Wu and Nas as well.. but after years of being into them, I currently find myself enjoying The Chronic a little more.

Honestly the lyrics can get old really fast, but oh man the production is amazing.
Old 11.19.2016, 11:42 PM   #3532
pepper_green
Banned

you have to remember if you wasn't there, that the east coast didn't get on the map until Biggie. before then, it was west coast on MTV and the radio. NWA and the style had the heads up

east coast was left to MTV raps. C.R.E.A.M was mainstream but, that's about it. east coast was backpacker underground shit.

east coast didn't really break out until Jay-Z who took a lot from the gambino fam Wu style.
Old 11.20.2016, 12:29 AM   #3533
Severian
invito al cielo

I agree on the west coast thing. A lot of that shit just sounded awful to me at the time. Remember "Keep the heads ringin?" Wow that was stupid. I've developed more of an appreciation for it since, but I still pretty much hate Dre and Snoop and whoever the fuck else was doing that vapid dumbass shit. I do like the production on the Chronic, but it sounds so weak and pussyassed compared to so much of what's come since.

Despite growing up on the west coast, I have always preferred NYC and Chicago and even Atlanta (Outkast for real) to all that one dimensional gangsta horseshit. That was the stuff all the kids who kind of tortured me listened to. I was more into Tribe in the early '90s, and when Wu-Tang blew up it was like... wow. Finally something that does "tough" without sounding completely goddamn stupid. I followed them to BIG and Jay.

Dre's done some excellent work but he might be the biggest bitch in rap history. A Drake level Bitch. I love seeing his post-diet ass in magazine ads looking like a freaking goon with Jimmy Iovine and Eminem. I laugh and I laugh. Cross your arms all you want Dre. You'll always be a bitch.

Also, as far as I'm concerned the only "Dre" that matters is André 3K.

Fucking bitchass Dre. Old man pretty boy establishment hack. Dipshit birthed Eminem for fuck's sake. History needs to forget him. Oh wait it already has. That's why he had to recruit an army to make "his" third album.

Ha ha ha. I respect the Chronic but really that shot has nothing on the Illmatics and Ready to Dies and Enter the Wu-Tangs of the world. Not even that impressive production wise. Sorry. That's my deep down feeling about Dr. Dre. I may bump Compton and the odd Dratj Row joint, and I like NWA, but Dr. Dre is no genius. He's a she-thang.
Old 11.20.2016, 12:33 AM   #3534
Severian
invito al cielo

It's actually kind of hilarious to think about how just how much more intense and rough Wu-Tang was than anything that stupid Dre fucker ever did. They thought they were soooo hard out in Compton. But listen to "Bring the Ruckus" and compare it to Dre's toughest career moment. It's comical how lame Wu made Dre and Snoop sound by comparison. Hahaha. Yuck.
Old 11.20.2016, 02:53 AM   #3535
pepper_green
Banned

dre slaves, Wu slays and saves. Wu forever like they said and you know it.

I mean, ok was anyone on Only Built for Cuban Linx level back then? uh, no.
Old 11.20.2016, 04:49 AM   #3536
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I agree on the west coast thing. A lot of that shit just sounded awful to me at the time. Remember "Keep the heads ringin?" Wow that was stupid. I've developed more of an appreciation for it since, but I still pretty much hate Dre and Snoop and whoever the fuck else was doing that vapid dumbass shit. I do like the production on the Chronic, but it sounds so weak and pussyassed compared to so much of what's come since.

Despite growing up on the west coast, I have always preferred NYC and Chicago and even Atlanta (Outkast for real) to all that one dimensional gangsta horseshit. That was the stuff all the kids who kind of tortured me listened to. I was more into Tribe in the early '90s, and when Wu-Tang blew up it was like... wow. Finally something that does "tough" without sounding completely goddamn stupid. I followed them to BIG and Jay.

Dre's done some excellent work but he might be the biggest bitch in rap history. A Drake level Bitch. I love seeing his post-diet ass in magazine ads looking like a freaking goon with Jimmy Iovine and Eminem. I laugh and I laugh. Cross your arms all you want Dre. You'll always be a bitch.

Also, as far as I'm concerned the only "Dre" that matters is André 3K.

Fucking bitchass Dre. Old man pretty boy establishment hack. Dipshit birthed Eminem for fuck's sake. History needs to forget him. Oh wait it already has. That's why he had to recruit an army to make "his" third album.

Ha ha ha. I respect the Chronic but really that shot has nothing on the Illmatics and Ready to Dies and Enter the Wu-Tangs of the world. Not even that impressive production wise. Sorry. That's my deep down feeling about Dr. Dre. I may bump Compton and the odd Dratj Row joint, and I like NWA, but Dr. Dre is no genius. He's a she-thang.

What's wrong with that?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2016, 07:15 AM   #3537
louder
invito al cielo

Ok ok.. Sev is gonna LOVE this:

"Kanye Takes Shots at Drake"
http://hiphop-n-more.com/2016/11/kan...gs-full-video/
Old 11.20.2016, 07:26 AM   #3538
louder
invito al cielo

So I think it's pretty safe to say that collaborative album is cancelled? Feel like we just dodged a bullet.. thank God!!
Old 11.20.2016, 09:57 AM   #3539
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
What's wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a "she-thang." I was trying to be topical and funny and I ended up sounded dumb. Sorry.

"He look like a she thang" is a lyric from Eazy-E's (awesome) "Real Muthaphukkin Gs" Dre/Snoop dis track. My bad though.
Old 11.20.2016, 10:19 AM   #3540
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Ok ok.. Sev is gonna LOVE this:

"Kanye Takes Shots at Drake"
http://hiphop-n-more.com/2016/11/kan...gs-full-video/

Uhhhh...

But he also threw shade at Jay Z and.. Beyoncé?! And left the stage after a song and a half and a 20 minute rant?

You know I love Kanye almost unconditionally, but dude... I spent a LOT of money to get myself and my girlfriend to a Kanye show this year (like... a lot; I didn't *have* to spend quite so much, but I wanted prime seats because I'd never seen him before, so I set myself back financially making that happen) Anyway, my show started late too, though I think that was because the venue was unprepared for the enormity and magnitude of his stage setup, because his buses were there a couple hours before the show started, but if he had pulled this shit at MY show, I'd be PISSED.

Yes, I hate Drake. Drake exemplifies all that is terrible and artless about modern music. But if Kanye was going to take shots at Drake, he could have done so in defense of Pusha or Cudi. I'm not even sure what this insult means, since Kanye's released plenty of free tracks over the years himself.

Also, he should be clarifying his comments about Trump. The press took it the wrong way (deliberately, I'd say) because "Kanye would have voted for Trump" is the most prime clickbait of the year. Instead, he's talking about radio and MTV (of COURSE Saint Pablo is more "relevant" than radio... it's been the year's biggest tour, and I have yet to read a negative review of a show because it's that fucking glorious), and MTV? Why does Kanye give a fuck about MTV? MTV has nothing to do with music or even fashion, and those are the things Kanye devotes himself to. And RADIO? Who even listens to the "radio" for music anymore?

I think something went down between Kanye and Jay. His earlier comments about how "Watch the Throne 2 would never happen because of the feud between Tidal and Apple" hinted that something was up. Now he's saying, a little ironically if you think about the lyrics to "Big Brother" that Jay needs to "Come to (him) as a man." So.. what happened?

Anyway, if this had been my show, I would have been pissed. And I hate being pissed at Kanye. It's like being possed at Superman or Thurston for me. Makes me sick to my gut. Now all those people have to deal with trying to get their money back (tickets have been upwards of $600 a pop in some places), and they probably won't. So everybody's saying "fuck Kanye" now, and with good reason.

Not sure why you think I'd love that man. I'd rather see Kanye "take shots" at Drake by not, y'know, acting like they're besties and making billboards with that little bitch. Not by throwing a tantrum and screwing thousands of people out of their money.
127167174175176 177 178179180187 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth