Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I am Disenfranchised With the Economy...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.04.2008, 01:02 AM   #1
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
We are going downhill. I know of a lot of people who cannot find a job, maybe because it is a big city. However it is sad how the shape of the economy is, I feel many will never find the American Dream, at least not many of my generation.

81% Say Nation is headed on the Wrong Track
Old 04.04.2008, 03:59 AM   #2
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
i am disenfranchised with the elections...

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2008, 04:11 AM   #3
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
We are going downhill. I know of a lot of people who cannot find a job, maybe because it is a big city. However it is sad how the shape of the economy is, I feel many will never find the American Dream, at least not many of my generation.

Actually having lived eight years in a small city with a college degree and five years in a big city with one, I can promise you that the big city is not the problem. A lot more jobs in the big city, though of course they aren't all very glamorous. Of course the part of the country you are in affects that too. The NW is a lot better off than much of the rest of the US.

As for the American Dream, you don't strike me as the type who'd do very well with June Cleaver, if you know what I mean...
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2008, 04:37 AM   #4
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
incidentally, how much money is george bush worth? i mean whats his actual wealth?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2008, 11:35 AM   #5
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
He's worthless in my eyes.

I think it is funny people say that a recession has just started. Because as far as I know, it started around the time of 9/11/2001.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2008, 11:37 AM   #6
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Yep, thank the illegal Federal Reserve for the dropping of the dollar, & economic pit that we are bound to be in.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2008, 01:07 PM   #7
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Yep, thank the illegal Federal Reserve for the dropping of the dollar, & economic pit that we are bound to be in.

true that.

I don't know if anyone else has been following, but there are now proposals for the Fed to have even more power over manipulating the economy.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2008, 01:20 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬

I think you mean dissillusioned, the perhaps it is related to disenfranchisement.

dissillusionment= breaking away with ideological norm/tradition
disenfranchisement = removal of agency within a political, economic, or social system.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2008, 01:24 PM   #9
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature scene
true that.

I don't know if anyone else has been following, but there are now proposals for the Fed to have even more power over manipulating the economy.

Absolutely, Ben Bernanke makes me sick. The Federal Reserve & IRS are the most illegal of so-called, "government agencies". From the powers that be (J.P. Morgan & many other private bankers lobbying the government) the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 was pushed through Congress at a very inconvenient time for voting. I can't remember if it was Christmas eve or day that the bill was put up for voting, but there was barely anyone there to vote on it, not to mention read it since many congressman were at home w/ their families which is custom. So, much like the Patriot Act, which is illegal against the whole Constitution, the Federal Reserve Act was illegal against the 16th Amendment in that it is illegal to tax an individual of their income, regarding the income tax. & remember how the Patriot Act was passed, the bill was printed late around 3:45a.m., was put on the congressmen/women's desk & was told to vote on it that morning. Very coniving thing to do.

& the truth of the matter is these illegal operations for some reason have government like powers, & are gaining more each day. I wonder why? Oh that's right, cuz they print money out of thin air. It always comes back to me.

Also, if you haven't already, check out the film, America: Freedom To Fascism. Tells you the whole story.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2008, 01:31 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Sure we are, we have been since 9/11... I saw a chart a while back that showed the economy is in the worst shape it's ever been in currently; it was in the second worst shape it's ever been in when Bush Sr. was in charge.. and it was in the BEST it's ever been in when Clinton was in charge. Just sayin'. There's like a million factors for stuff like that but... you know. Interesting.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2008, 08:59 AM   #11
sarramkrop

Just in case you might have not noticed, the world economical cycle moves regardless of who is in charge of this or that.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2008, 09:49 AM   #12
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Just in case you might have not noticed, the world economical cycle moves regardless of who is in charge of this or that.

Yes, that's certainly a predominant theory of how things would occur if governments did not spend so much time manipulating fiscal and monetary policies.

I can forgive you since you may not be familiar with the Fed system in the US, but you should realize that what the Fed tries to do with monetary policy is to put off or ease the pain of those cycles - something that cannot be done in the long run, no matter how much you play with interest rates. Eventually the cycles have to occur, and because of all the interest rate game playing from the Fed it's possible that this correction will be a lot more painful than the one we should have gone through several years ago.

As far as who the president is, I'd agree that that has a much less significant effect on recessions and booms than what the Fed - an independent agency - is doing.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2008, 10:11 AM   #13
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
i say we should burn down the Reichstag and blame it on the commies.

fucking ugly dome, anyway.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth