Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page "Art" or abuse?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.05.2007, 03:35 AM   #121
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
still dated, boring political commentary
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 09:47 AM   #122
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch me i'm sick

!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 10:06 AM   #123
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Abortion as Art To quote: "she artificially inseminated herself “as often as possible” while periodically taking abortifacient drugs to induce miscarriages. Her exhibition will feature video recordings of these forced miscarriages as well as preserved collections of the blood from the process."
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 10:18 AM   #124
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Not this old chestnut again!

If you actually took the time to look into this 'story' you would find out that the dog didn't die.
The Humane Society investigated this case and concluded that the dog was actually treated pretty well. Yes it was skinny, but that's because it was a street dog. According to the Humane Society's report the dog wasn't tied up for more than 3 hours at a time, was fed and watered regularly and was released, in good health, at the end of the installation.

Mr Habacuc has produced a very though provoking artwork that shows the hypocrisy in us all. When there are thousands, if not millions of animals and human beings starving to death all over the planet that we conveniently ignore, it is only when faced with the perceived death of an innocent creature as a public exhibition that we are finally wrenched from our apathy to do what?
If this story has affected you, why don't you drag yourself away from your PC screen, go out into the big wide world and do something about the starvation that affects millions on a daily basis.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 01:18 PM   #125
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Abortion as Art To quote: "she artificially inseminated herself “as often as possible” while periodically taking abortifacient drugs to induce miscarriages. Her exhibition will feature video recordings of these forced miscarriages as well as preserved collections of the blood from the process."

I read about Aliza Shvarts on a blog this morning. I was completely shocked about her "art piece".
Boy was I relieved to find out later that it was fake.

Here's an article from the Yale University website.

Ms. Shvarts is engaged in performance art. Her art project includes visual representations, a press release and other narrative materials. She stated to three senior Yale University officials today, including two deans, that she did not impregnate herself and that she did not induce any miscarriages. The entire project is an art piece, a creative fiction designed to draw attention to the ambiguity surrounding form and function of a woman’s body.
She is an artist and has the right to express herself through performance art.
Had these acts been real, they would have violated basic ethical standards and raised serious mental and physical health concerns.

http://www.yale.edu/opa/

A good call nevertheless, atari.
Her intentions were shocking enough to earn a place in this thread.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 01:20 PM   #126
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Earlier I halfway thought it must be a fake. Guess I should've investigated it further. Glad you did, thanks.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 01:33 PM   #127
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
The article sure fooled me for a good hour.
I think she kind of ruined it by exposing the truth of the matter, so soon.

The official opening of her exhibition will take place in the coming days and people will walk around looking at the blood (not sure if it's fake - probably) with a smile on their faces.

Here's another article:
http://guanabee.com/2008/04/ann-coul...s-yale-art.php
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 09:09 PM   #128
sobriquet
bad moon rising

sobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Cruelty if you ask me.

Guillermo Habacuc Vargas had 2 children catch this dog. He paid the kids for this. He then chained the dog and used the dog as “art”. He told everyone not to feed this dog. The dog died in the gallery. He calls himself an artist. I call him an animal abuser. In that event, (in which the dog died) he was chosen to represent his country in the “Bienal Centroamericana Honduras 2008?.
October 18th, 2007 | by Ginnie

Read more...

When you're trying to get to sleep at 2 in the morning ( or even 3 or 4, depending on how 'cool ' you are ) and one of these is howling its ass off, you lose sympathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnika
well fuck off

I wish that had been my first post.
sobriquet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2008, 10:19 AM   #129
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Not this old chestnut again!

If you actually took the time to look into this 'story' you would find out that the dog didn't die.
The Humane Society investigated this case and concluded that the dog was actually treated pretty well. Yes it was skinny, but that's because it was a street dog. According to the Humane Society's report the dog wasn't tied up for more than 3 hours at a time, was fed and watered regularly and was released, in good health, at the end of the installation.

Mr Habacuc has produced a very though provoking artwork that shows the hypocrisy in us all. When there are thousands, if not millions of animals and human beings starving to death all over the planet that we conveniently ignore, it is only when faced with the perceived death of an innocent creature as a public exhibition that we are finally wrenched from our apathy to do what?
If this story has affected you, why don't you drag yourself away from your PC screen, go out into the big wide world and do something about the starvation that affects millions on a daily basis.

bravo, sir.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth