Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY interview w/ the douche interviewer
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.26.2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Forensic Scene
bad moon rising

Forensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's asses
hi all, long time no post. Recently I tried to track down a video interview of SY that was popping up around 2008/2009, I believe. The entire thing is really entertaining. The band is being interviewed in front of an audience (no it's not Soft Focus) at some college radio thing or something. The interviewer is a complete dumb ass, very cynical and sarcastic. I feel like it took place somewhere on the NW coast? Not kexp...but I can't think of it. Here's some memorable bits from the interview, post the video if you know if/can find it:

- Thurston says he hates Starbucks
- interviewer criticizes Robert Christgau for constantly listening to music w headphones and the band refutes this nonsense
-it's Thurston's birthday
- woman from the audience tells Thurston she named her baby after him

That's about it. I'm fairly sure it went out sometime between Ripped and the Eternal. Please post if you know it, I can't find it on YouTube or Vimeo. Thanks!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth