Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.10.2013, 06:08 AM   #361
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
i haven't been so excited about an album since Watch the Throne. once Yeezus comes out i'm gonna cop it and drive my car around town and listen to it 10 times in a row.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2013, 07:10 AM   #362
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
a really cool track by Mobb Deep produced by Kayne,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssxfTWi3Go

some of you have heard it i know....lalala, still good.

commerical Three Six Mafia...thinks it's a little fogotton..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wrgQV8e-Hf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDmTc55hazA
Old 06.10.2013, 07:38 PM   #363
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
see, this is the thing with Pac. i can't never understand what he's talking about. it's all good thou, Suchfriends. see, now i KINda understand why my Tupac loving friend didn't want to hear the Deep. this dude used to give the best lip singing impression of him like i was a camera.

i don't know shit about shakur and completely understand he's a hero to millions. just not a fan, no hate.

This is 1990s 101:

Know Your Rap Beef..

Tupac worked on some tracks that Mobb Deep somehow took offense too. This caused them to put out a track in rap retaliation. Slight problem, Tupac was by this time no longer just a rapper, but had become a gangsta after joining up with M.O.B and Pirus from Suge Knight connections. Outlaws Immortal was a rap krew Tupac started on the West as Makaveli, but all those little homiez were from M.O.B and other Blood sets in West/South Central LA area. Hence how Tupac actually got it twisted, in LA "westside" was originally about beef between Westside Bloods and (Athens, Pirus, Avalon) and Eastside Crips (South LA, Watts, Compton) and Tupac, being from Baltimore, didn't realize it at first. HE had personal beef with his former associates and friends from the East coast rap/gang scene. LA gang life will really instigate a lot of shit, so what was some quarrels between friends became a full-fledged blood feud (this of course was after Pac was shot five times in New York HOWEVER Pac wasn't shot in New York over rap shit, he was shot over some gang shit.

This made him very paranoid to say the least. That, and DeathRow was shady as a motherfucker, couldn't really trust ANYBODY up in there, full of dealers and crooked cops. The record label was really just started as a money laundering scheme like a dozen other small-time LA area rap labels in the late 1980s but Tupac and Snoop Dogg made that shit unexpectedly explode onto the mainstream..

Back to Mobb Deep. These dudes were cliqued up with the East Coast dudes Tupac was feuding with, and they released some tracks after have some private words behind closed doors. This caused Tupac and his dudes to then have some more hostile words behind closed doors and later on some tracks. By 1996, Tupac was beefing with essentially the entire East Coast rap scene, and much of the West coast rappers too. However these beefs weren't hyped, or musical, it was some personal shit between all those folkz...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2013, 11:25 PM   #364
louder
invito al cielo

new Schoolboy x Kendrick song. https://soundcloud.com/kirill-kolcha...collard-greens

can't wait for Schoolboy to drop his new album AKA 2013's "good kid, m.A.A.d city".
Old 06.11.2013, 06:19 AM   #365
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I can't do Tupac at all anymore. For some reason, motherfucker sounds like he wants to ficking kill the people he feuded with. I can't separate his music, or him as an mc from the content of his lyrics, the way I can with Biggie (who also totally sounded like be wanted to absolutely murder someone, but tracks like Juicy helped keep him from sounding like a psychopath. For me, even "Dear Mama" sounds violent as hell. I just hear Pac, and think of really angry kids O went to high school with. Plus, most of the people he talked about doing awful things to were some of my favorite hip hop artists of the era.

Motherfucker even tried to throw down against Wu Tang, which I just can't abide. I mean, having beef with a horde of dudes who -even if none of them had Tupac's underwear model abs, would surely make a bloody mess of him in a fist fight, just seems silly. Especially when every one lf them outclassed him several times over in the rhyming department and had a sense of humor that apparently went way over his head.

Great rapper, but he had none of Biggie's charm. In retrospect, It sounds like he was the one guy who couldn't separate media hype and image from life. I guess being shot at will do that to a guy.

Anyway- he is ultimately the one major 90s gangsta rapper who I just can't handle anymore.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2013, 02:01 PM   #366
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Especially when every one lf them outclassed him several times over in the rhyming department and had a sense of humor that apparently went way over his head.

That is a matter of taste, personally I think half of the east coast rappers, including those who Tupac feuded with, simply rap like shit. Their fucking cadence is off..

Quote:
. In retrospect, It sounds like he was the one guy who couldn't separate media hype and image from life. I guess being shot at will do that to a guy.

You don't know what you are talking about. All that media hype was exaggerations and speculations about what was REALLY happening behind closed doors outside of the music and the newspapers. Tupac had personal beef for personal reasons with all those people you think is just about rap or him living some kind of fantasy. They knew it, he knew it, and they shouldn't have been so naive as to think it was all just about rap music. Tupac's rap music was art reflecting a certain reality, one which he took seriously because it was his own. Did he get too caught up? Yes. But so did 50,000 shot or killed gangsters in the LA area from 90-1997... That is just how it iz. Maybe y'all can't feel it cuz it ain't real to some of y'all, and you are critiquing it simply as a form of art or music, and judging him harshly by those terms.

Old 06.11.2013, 02:32 PM   #367
louder
invito al cielo

Daft Punk, TNGHT, Bon Iver and Chief Keef are all confirmed to be on Yeezus. Rick Rubin executive produced the album.
Old 06.12.2013, 04:54 AM   #368
louder
invito al cielo

i'm listening to Mac Miller's new album. definitely one of the better albums this year, but just like Wolf it could've been much better if he cut 4-5 tracks. why do rappers still make their albums so unnecessarily long?
Old 06.12.2013, 06:07 AM   #369
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
That is a matter of taste, personally I think half of the east coast rappers, including those who Tupac feuded with, simply rap like shit. Their fucking cadence is off..

You don't know what you are talking about. All that media hype was exaggerations and speculations about what was REALLY happening behind closed doors outside of the music and the newspapers. Tupac had personal beef for personal reasons with all those people you think is just about rap or him living some kind of fantasy. They knew it, he knew it, and they shouldn't have been so naive as to think it was all just about rap music. Tupac's rap music was art reflecting a certain reality, one which he took seriously because it was his own. Did he get too caught up? Yes. But so did 50,000 shot or killed gangsters in the LA area from 90-1997... That is just how it iz. Maybe y'all can't feel it cuz it ain't real to some of y'all, and you are critiquing it simply as a form of art or music, and judging him harshly by those terms.

I don't have time for a big reply, but I meant that there's something about his voice that makes me believe he forgot the fact that the media hype was exaggeration. Like I said, it's something about his delivery that I just can't handle anymore. While even Biggie is still enjoyable for me, Pac just kind of unnerves me. I don't think he wasn't an artist- I'm just not able to dig on it anymore. I have similar feelings about NWA if it makes you feel any better. No value judgments here... I just don't get any pleasure from listening to him.
Old 06.12.2013, 06:11 AM   #370
louder
invito al cielo

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/ar...um-yeezus.html

interesting. my body is ready.
Old 06.12.2013, 06:18 AM   #371
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

I'm really judging it more by how fun it is for me to listen to. I'm taking a pretty vacant, shallow view of it, really... I'm not judging it by its artistic merits, but by the fact that it makes me feel bummed the fuck out. I hope you understand where I'm coming from here. It takes a lot for hip hop to be "too much" for me, but that man's voice was full of a specific kind of hostility and anger that I can't really enjoy at this point in my life.
Old 06.12.2013, 07:46 AM   #372
louder
invito al cielo

yeah Pac became crazy after Me Against the World, he often contradicted himself, which made him seem like a bipolar nut. but you can tell that the dude spoke from the heart, the way he conveyed emotion was unmatched in an era where most rappers were afraid to show their feelings. although i don't listen to him as much as i used to, i can see why a lot of people consider him to be the greatest of all time.

"Me Against the World", "Dear Mama", "Unconditional Love", "Changes", etc. some of the most passionate performances by any rapper ever.
Old 06.12.2013, 02:27 PM   #373
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm really judging it more by how fun it is for me to listen to. I'm taking a pretty vacant, shallow view of it, really... I'm not judging it by its artistic merits, but by the fact that it makes me feel bummed the fuck out. I hope you understand where I'm coming from here. It takes a lot for hip hop to be "too much" for me, but that man's voice was full of a specific kind of hostility and anger that I can't really enjoy at this point in my life.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Severian again.

Old 06.12.2013, 08:27 PM   #374
Severian
invito al cielo

It's true. His cadence was incredible. You're the one who mentioned cadence, yes? I'll totally admit the man was a freakishly skilled rapper. I really don't have anything against him, and louder is right about songs like "Changes," which I didn't take into account. I've got respect for him and I'm man enough to admit that I am judging him only by how much his angrier songs kind of freak me out. They sound too real for me. To tell the truth, I'm listening to Ready to Die less and less every year as well. I'm getting old, man. I've watched about three too many decades of evening news to find his music enjoyable. At least I can admit its my own weak stomach.
Old 06.13.2013, 05:53 AM   #375
louder
invito al cielo

i haven't been able to stop listening to 808s & Heartbreak lately. an underrated masterpiece.
Old 06.13.2013, 06:45 AM   #376
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
i haven't been able to stop listening to 808s & Heartbreak lately. an underrated masterpiece.

Underrated by some, maybe. I think it's the most ballsy and ambitious hip hop record ever. The fact that he pulled it off, with hit singles and Grammys to boot, tells me that while it may be underrated when compared to MBDTF, it's a classic when evaluated on its own merit by anyone with eardrums.

"Amazing" is a revelatory song. Genius in ways people don't even understand yet. Like I said, it's the album that first made me open my ears to Kanye, who Id previously thought to be a slightly less impotent Common.

(Sorry, but Common bores the shit out of me. Though to be fair, it may be because I haven't bothered listening to him in ages. Be was just way too common - hey, a pun! - for me. Yeah, Tupac's a bit much, but I still vote skill > comfort any day of the week)
Old 06.14.2013, 03:35 AM   #377
louder
invito al cielo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jccfl2Kvxao

7:18 - i came. Yeezus is gonna be sooooo good.
Old 06.14.2013, 12:06 PM   #378
louder
invito al cielo

ok Yeezus leaked. giving it my first listen right now. it's pretty much Kanye's Illmatic, 10 songs/40 mins. WHOA.
Old 06.14.2013, 05:24 PM   #379
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
so? how is it?
Twisted Fantasy it's not, but pretty damn good. i can already tell it's gonna be the soundtrack of my summer.
Old 06.14.2013, 07:02 PM   #380
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
cool. i hope so. waiting untill the official release. still digging MBDTF.

Yeah, I got a hold of a bunch of rough cuts of songs from the album (I put them into a playlist called "Yeezus-to-Beezus" and started to listen, but then I was like, "Wait- what the fuck am I doing?"

I've been pirating music for so long that I almost let myself experience those songs for the first time in fuzzy, incomplete, unpolished, and/or live on tv form. It didn't occur to me until a few minutes into the second track, when I started to feel like I was peeking at Xmas presents, or drinking before an acid trip.

I stopped. Though admittedly I did so more because of the recording quality than anything else. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm sure there are genuine final cuts out there now, but I still don't want to spoil it.
161718 19 2021222969 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth