Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.08.2016, 10:31 AM   #7561
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Nah, history is very, very much on France's side for this. The two previous times France hosted a competition (euros and world cup) they won it. The other stat to remember is that the last time Portugal beat France was back in 1975.
history can quickly change when pepe breaks griezmann's knee :/

i bet real would pay him extra for that

"DO IT"
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2016, 04:45 PM   #7562
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
im sort of glad that a work emergency threw me off schedule and i missed the final

now i'm curious though
Old 07.11.2016, 04:54 PM   #7563
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im sort of glad that a work emergency threw me off schedule and i missed the final

now i'm curious though
it was a terrible match and you didn't miss anything at all.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2016, 04:54 PM   #7564
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Call me old school but aren't you supposed to save the celebrations for after winning the Final instead of totally jinxing it????

Not that I want Ronaldo to win or anything BUT why give added motivation to Portugal?? The better team or the home team doesn't always win win the underdog has intense psychological motivation. Indeed, that is exactly and precisely what just happened to the Golden State Warriors. They shot their load too early, they began to feel entitlted, their fans began to get way too cocky, meanwhile the opponent Cleveland Cavs were not robots, they were human beings, and the emotions improved their play on the court.

If I am Portugal I use this. When you are an underdog you can play with added balls of "what do I have to lose?"

I don't know enough about either of these teams to make an analysis based prediction, but I wouldn't dismiss Portugal simply because France is at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Nah, history is very, very much on France's side for this. The two previous times France hosted a competition (euros and world cup) they won it. The other stat to remember is that the last time Portugal beat France was back in 1975.

crow to eat much?

Old 07.11.2016, 05:13 PM   #7565
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
it was a terrible match and you didn't miss anything at all.

apparently so. but seeing portugal win without CR7 was the only acceptable way to see portugal win, and i missed it.

my only consolation is that renato sanches is going to bayern. and he's only 18.

Quote:
crow to eat much?

that was massively faulty logic because it's based on the made-up premise that the portuguese didn't celebrate each step of their advancement.

this of course only happened in your imagination. the portuguese celebrated the shit out of their prior victories.

here's proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEWHwc9i7n4
Old 07.11.2016, 06:31 PM   #7566
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
apparently so. but seeing portugal win without CR7 was the only acceptable way to see portugal win, and i missed it.

my only consolation is that renato sanches is going to bayern. and he's only 18.

that was massively faulty logic because it's based on the made-up premise that the portuguese didn't celebrate each step of their advancement.

this of course only happened in your imagination. the portuguese celebrated the shit out of their prior victories.

here's proof:

haha i didn't say that the Portuguese weren't but clearly they won so i doubt it makes the French fans feel any better about it.

and the crow is about how h8kurdt said France would win

Old 07.11.2016, 06:45 PM   #7567
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

here's proof:

haha i didn't say that the Portuguese weren't but clearly they won so i doubt it makes the French fans feel any better about it.

Old 07.11.2016, 06:47 PM   #7568
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

the jinx theory was originally included there but whatever

see here is the main problem:

under your proposal, 1 country has a chance to get drunk 1 time

but under the currenty system, 24 countries have the chance to get nationally drunk up to 7 times in 1 month

this is why people are killing each other here in 'merica. not enough parties.
Old 07.11.2016, 07:40 PM   #7569
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
the jinx theory was originally included there but whatever

see here is the main problem:

under your proposal, 1 country has a chance to get drunk 1 time

but under the currenty system, 24 countries have the chance to get nationally drunk up to 7 times in 1 month

this is why people are killing each other here in 'merica. not enough parties.
considering one half of all homicides on US involve alcohol i think Americans don't need any more opportunities for debauchery.

look, you nitpicking. i didn't make any predictions. i know you can read. i said i don't know enough about any of the teams. i did say i wouldn't be surprised if Portugal won and they did. that wasn't a prediction.

im not saying h8kurdt has any crow to eat specifically from me, after all i didn't make any predictions, but be did, he predicted france would win, france didn't win. crow must be had to eat

Old 07.11.2016, 07:48 PM   #7570
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

you need a drink man
Old 07.11.2016, 09:56 PM   #7571
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
you need a drink man
haha that too

Old 07.12.2016, 05:56 AM   #7572
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Like most people, I predicted a France win, but the quality of the tournament overall was pretty poor. No team was really that convincing so I wasn't shocked that Portugal actually won it, even if I didn't expect it. Best thing about the whole thing was seeing teams like Wales and Iceland exceed expectations but that in itself only shows that the quality overall wasn't great. The most entertaining thing about the final was the moths.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2016, 09:55 PM   #7573
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Like most people, I predicted a France win, but the quality of the tournament overall was pretty poor. No team was really that convincing so I wasn't shocked that Portugal actually won it, even if I didn't expect it. Best thing about the whole thing was seeing teams like Wales and Iceland exceed expectations but that in itself only shows that the quality overall wasn't great. The most entertaining thing about the final was the moths.
you should have watched the copa américa. that was tons of fun.
Old 07.12.2016, 10:02 PM   #7574
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you should have watched the copa américa. that was tons of fun.

Opinion: not only that, but that tournament's champions would have beaten Portugal. Discuss.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2016, 02:29 AM   #7575
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Best thing about the whole thing was seeing teams like Wales and Iceland exceed expectations but that in itself only shows that the quality overall wasn't great.

And Hungary.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2016, 02:36 AM   #7576
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Opinion: not only that, but that tournament's champions would have beaten Portugal. Discuss.

Maybe so, but then I'd still make a fair few teams that were eliminated from the Euros favourites to beat Portugal. Spain? Germany? Italy? even a rematch with France. Would you make Chile natural favourites against those? I never saw them so I can't say.
Old 07.13.2016, 03:12 AM   #7577
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Maybe so, but then I'd still make a fair few teams that were eliminated from the Euros favourites to beat Portugal. Spain? Germany? Italy? even a rematch with France. Would you make Chile natural favourites against those? I never saw them so I can't say.
you know i'm a germany & italy fan. i'd match chile as an equal against any of them.

the thing about chile is that they never give up / never surrender

imagine iceland, but with good technique, some heavyweights (alexis, vidal, medel, bravo), and a solid bench. (yes, medel is not "famous", but he defends like a beast)

their current manager is kinda bleh, but the squad rules.

you should have seen your favorite prem star playing through an early injury in the final. he had to be taken out near the end, and the next day he looked like this:

"i stood all that i could... and i was worth it!!! very happy."

MEGA-HUEVOS.
Old 07.13.2016, 05:50 AM   #7578
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
what the moths means?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2016, 10:07 PM   #7579
demonrail666
invito al cielo

There was a massive moth infestation at the stadium on the day of the final.

Quote:
you know i'm a germany & italy fan. i'd match chile as an equal against any of them.

the thing about chile is that they never give up / never surrender

imagine iceland, but with good technique, some heavyweights (alexis, vidal, medel, bravo), and a solid bench. (yes, medel is not "famous", but he defends like a beast)

their current manager is kinda bleh, but the squad rules.

you should have seen your favorite prem star playing through an early injury in the final. he had to be taken out near the end, and the next day he looked like this:

"i stood all that i could... and i was worth it!!! very happy."

MEGA-HUEVOS.

I remember really liking Chile at the last WC. I don't doubt that they'd give any of the big Euro teams a hard time but, to Soup Nazi's point, I'd never go so far as to say that they 'would' beat any of them, just because I don't think any team 'would' beat any other: could, definitely; should, maybe; but never would.

What's certainly true, though, is that none of the big European teams look that great at the moment and that it may well be true that the top South American sides have the edge on them at the moment. But you can't really base much on the outcome of two parallel tournaments, although it does make the next WC really interesting. I'd love to see Chile win that.
Old 07.14.2016, 05:13 AM   #7580
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Alexis is the man. One of the nicest players aroud, very modest and aware of where came from.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
329369376377378 379 380381382389429479 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth