Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.03.2023, 07:57 AM   #3721
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
streaming shows are cancelled after 2 seasons so the creators and artists do not get paid "residuals"
Old 08.03.2023, 08:23 AM   #3722
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
streaming shows are cancelled after 2 seasons so the creators and artists do not get paid "residuals"

speaking of that sort of fuckery, just started watching obama's WORKING on netflix.

very good! a little anxiety-inducing no doubt but yeah a pleasure as well to see a show like this.

trailer: https://youtu.be/eS6GkydzCRg
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2023, 01:53 AM   #3723
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I'm watching MasterChef Australia, the 2020 season which is like a masterchef of the masterchefs, where all contestants are returnees from previous seasons. There's some really good chefs in it, and great personalities as well. Too bad some of the really good ones had to leave too soon.
Stupid me though, I just visited the Wikipedia page, and now I know who has won it

Also was watching this other cooking program which is from Belgium. It's called Snackmasters, where two chefs have to reproduce iconic snacks, such as a hamburger from a fast food chain, Doritos chips, Pringles chips or Napoleon sweets. It's actually really stupid, but interesting enough still to see if the chefs can manage it. It's presented by the singer of this band

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2023, 08:40 AM   #3724
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Watched the first season of SWARM, on the HBOmax. very odd horror show, based on the insanities surrounding the Bey-hive and Beyonce's fanaticals.

Also finished the first season of The Tick live action from 2017. so fucking funny.
Old 08.16.2023, 11:58 AM   #3725
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
been catching up with the british bakeoff on netflix.

not exactly thrilling teevee, but that's what makes it an ideal program before sleeping.

dreaming of cakes and pies is great.
Old 08.16.2023, 12:27 PM   #3726
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
the presenters of british bakeoff are so weird, as in totally not fitting with the image of bakers or cooking at all.

I'm referring to Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas

Old 08.16.2023, 12:45 PM   #3727
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
the presenters of british bakeoff are so weird, as in totally not fitting with the image of bakers or cooking at all.

I'm referring to Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas

haha, i think the comedy aspect is great. i love richmond, he's great, his interaction with the contestants is great, his teasing of paul is great, with the stuff that come out of his mouth think he's a bit of a surrealist poet.

the other guy... this is my first season with him and most of the time i've found his babyman schtick irritating. he's only said a couple of funny things so far. i miss the short lady that richmond used to carry in a sack hahahahahaaaaaaa. what was her name... i forget. i remember the sound of her voice, it was a good loud voice. sandi! they had a very goofy act together (i like goofy comedy).

ah here she is

sorry if it's confusing that i keep calling noel " richmond". that's the name of his character in the it crowd and i'm stuck with it for his face lololol

but yeah he's a great part of the british bakeoff. actually, the best part? hilarious.
Old 08.16.2023, 12:51 PM   #3728
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I thought that Noel and the guy with severe alopecia were very funny, and brought a bit of zanyness needed, as Prue and the Bread Guy are NOT funny and can get boring.

I believe they are changing the two non-baking hosts for next BakeOff.

For real though, the last two episodes of the first season of SWARM were unsetling! I had to play skyrim for an hour afterwards.
Old 08.17.2023, 05:41 AM   #3729
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
For some reason I watched the first season of 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days and now I simply want to die. Horrible and depressing and manipulative and this is why I don’t do reality TV other than the Great British Baking Show.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2023, 07:42 AM   #3730
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
The problem with reality TV is that the people who appear on it are just fundamentally un-real.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2023, 02:47 PM   #3731
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
For some reason I watched the first season of 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days and now I simply want to die. Horrible and depressing and manipulative and this is why I don’t do reality TV other than the Great British Baking Show.
why would you hurt yourself that way?

field anthropology?
Old 08.19.2023, 09:24 PM   #3732
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
it's a Netflix Docuseries so considering it a tv show. Muscles and Mayhem: An Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators
Old 08.26.2023, 03:57 AM   #3733
Gracia25
empty page

Gracia25 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Presque tout le monde aime Adult Swim. Mais, la nouvelle programmation ne me plait pas du tout
Gracia25 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2023, 10:06 AM   #3734
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracia25
Presque tout le monde aime Adult Swim. Mais, la nouvelle programmation ne me plait pas du tout
est-ce l'éspace réservé pour la terrine de conneries et mensonges?

Old 08.29.2023, 08:24 AM   #3735
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I thought that Noel and the guy with severe alopecia were very funny, and brought a bit of zanyness needed, as Prue and the Bread Guy are NOT funny and can get boring.

I believe they are changing the two non-baking hosts for next BakeOff.

alopecia man got better in the 2nd and 3rd seasons he's been in it, his first one he did a creepy babyman act that oooof. but yeah his comedy improved. im now caught up with the bakeoff. "mexican week" was totally cringe lololol. what a clueless bunch xD

i've started watching borgen, which was a bit hard to follow because danish seems faster than english, and subtitles fly by, but once i got into the rhythm of it it's enjoyable. the dubbed versions sounded horrible.

but imma pause netflix now until maybe reactivate for the winter break or something when i should have more time for teevees.

--

i still keep amazon due to logistical reasons and i have a couple of extra subscriptions in there. soooo much teeve!

if anybody has amazon and would like to nerd out hard with it, "the great courses" is a super fun channel. yes, it's just a bunch of professors talking at 2 different cameras. when i said nerd out, i really meant it! but for me it's a ton of fun, i swear. zero style, great substance!
Old 09.27.2023, 12:57 PM   #3736
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Woman In The Wall

new drama series that aired on the BBC. 6 Episodes. The first two episodes I wasn't too enthusiastic about, but the remaining four are very good.

Very scary that these things actually happened! Not sure though how much of it is based on true events, there are some story lines that are a bit too obscure and therefor uncredible. But there's some great characters in it, the main character especially.

The last episode features a new song by Sinéad O'Connor, and it fits very nicely into it. Apparently she had similar experiences as what the series deals with. Being vague on purpose, don't want to spoil too much. But if you read any review, or whatever article about this series, you'll find out soon enough.

Old 09.27.2023, 03:29 PM   #3737
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Off-topic. But the odd French bot randomly complaining about contemporary Adult Swim just made my day. Je kiffe!

On-topic now: Finished the first half of the latest Futurama Season on Monday. I'd say for the most part it was somewhat middling, unfortunately. But really not for lack of trying. The chemistry of the characters still shines through the stellar voice work and the witty dialogue. But some of the scenarios in this Season weren't quite as thought-through as they should have been. The Christmas Episode and the Mid-Season Finale were great though. And other episodes like the preggo Kiff Kroker-followup and the one where Zapp gets cancelled had some really sweet character-driven moments. And just when I thought the latter few eps had lost me, the semi-finale gave me some hope again. There still is some potential. Will watch the second half once it drops, but I'll keep my expectations at an adequate level.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2023, 01:49 PM   #3738
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Reservation dogs. best show man. perfect series finale.

got that tears....
Old 09.28.2023, 02:43 PM   #3739
MisterTrick
little trouble girl

MisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's asses
been watching and rewatching MST3K a lot the last few years

the latest seasons quite good, and the episode "The Batwoman" features their first ever Sonic Youth inspired riff

this is after years and years of Replacements, Stiv Bators, and how many punk and alt rock reference, even a Lydia Lunch reference many years ago
MisterTrick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2023, 09:42 PM   #3740
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Reservation dogs. best show man. perfect series finale.

got that tears....

I have a close friend definitely recommending this one to me still.
137177184185186 187 188189 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth