Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Morrissey describes the Chinese as a 'Subspecies'
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.09.2010, 05:31 AM   #61
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Who else thinks Johnny Marr was an amazing guitarist?

He's one of the best of all time. He's really the only reason anyone cares about the Smiths, in any way. I mean, no one at all cares about Morrissey solo. He's like Courntey Love. I don't hear anything about 'em for a while and assume they're dead, and then someone posts about them on SYG.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 09:03 AM   #62
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I care DEPLY about Morrissey solo, and so do the tens of thousands that flock to his concerts man.

his solo stuff can be hit or miss, but when it hits it is JUST AS AMAZING AND FUCKING BRILLIANT as any Smiths track.
Old 09.09.2010, 09:18 AM   #63
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Uh, riiiight. Have fun with that!!

I'd love to go to a Morrissey solo show, actually. Just to hear "Hand in Glove" and "There Is a Light that Never Goes Out", songs he's still most famous for despite releasing like 11 solo albums since the Smiths broke up!

...Unless a person just doesn't care about, y'know, good songs and stuff, I can't comprehend how anyone could possibly find relevance in Morrissey and his merry band of random no-name session musicians -- Vauxhall and I is his only listenable record... it has like 5 great songs and the rest is... well... not so good. Most of his solo albums are SO boring that it's unbearable. I mean, the random song.. "Suedehead" (aka "This song really sounds like the Smiths!"), y'know.. is alright.. but The Smiths blow Morrissey solo out of the water... and he'll always live in their shadow because he hasn't done anything noteworthy since breaking them up besides say Chinese people are a "subspecies" and other "shock" quotes every now and then to remind people he still exists.

Old 09.09.2010, 11:19 AM   #64
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
I think Morrissey solo is much better than the Smiths (at least the records I got: Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, Bona Drag)
Plus the use of cello, piano, keyboards etc. makes his music more "colorful" and it suits his bitter pop (the Smiths instrumentation was a bit too grim).
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 11:59 AM   #65
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Hmm... maybe there is a whole world of Moz-solo lovers out there... hmm

Old 09.09.2010, 12:03 PM   #66
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Morrisey is retarded. Not because of this. But because he's a vegetarian who throws hissy fits yet wears leather.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 12:09 PM   #67
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I care DEPLY about Morrissey solo, and so do the tens of thousands that flock to his concerts man.

his solo stuff can be hit or miss, but when it hits it is JUST AS AMAZING AND FUCKING BRILLIANT as any Smiths track.
troof.

vauxhall & i > every other smiths album that isn't hatful of hollow or the queen is dead

and i fucking love the smiths.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 12:13 PM   #68
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Bona Drag, Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, You Are The Quarry are fucking awesome albums. Not perfect, but the Smiths never released a "perfect" album either.

Both are amazing and fabulous.
Old 09.09.2010, 12:16 PM   #69
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I was just about to say that Mozza had Aziz Ibrahim in his backing band, then I realised I was thinking of Ian Brown. I quite like him. Baz Boorer is alright as a musician. As good as anyone else, surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 12:56 PM   #70
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
People who care more about animals than the welfare of human beings on this planet need to be ground upon the wheel. Moz's head is so far up his own ass. Why so dour after all these years, with all his cash?

Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 01:08 PM   #71
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

maybe he just thinks that we are only as "human" as we treat other living things?
Old 09.09.2010, 02:15 PM   #72
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
maybe he just thinks that we are only as "human" as we treat other living things?

thats true but, you know.
i don't think we can treat other species fairly if we don't treat each other fairly.

is that don ramon?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 03:54 PM   #73
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I DO help, I've taken in strays and cared for many sick animals including birds with broken wings and found places for them to get help. I love animals...but this doesn't mean I wouldn't play a gig in a town because the town has slaughterhouses or some shit like that.

Living in a city like Macon, GA...taking in an animal (esp. cats + dogs) as pets is a beautiful thing. There are many strays around here, and the way we've bred them through the years, the way we've forced them to evolve, many of them depend on us human being anyways. My cat was a stray...I was walking around downtown one day and this little orange kitten started following me...eventually trailing behind me all the way to my apartment. That can chose to live with me. Pets aren't a bad thing, dude. This isn't to say that I think ALL animals make for good pets, but many of them do.

And yes, we humans are destroying the planet. Destroying things is what we have always (sadly...) been best at.

my kittys are strays i love em

dogs and cats have been bred to be our pets and some breeds would not survive in nature such as my shit zu who is allergic to everything and has claws that will grow back into him if not cut mother fucker would'nt have a chance out there

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 04:10 PM   #74
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

what makes me laugh is that ahyone is shocked that a British person says racially insensitive things.
sheeeeiiiiiiiit.
Old 09.09.2010, 04:15 PM   #75
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
to be honest british people DO NOT say racist stuff often they're usually very concerned about being PC and all.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 04:28 PM   #76
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

that's true.

you guys can be very reserved when the situation calls for it!
Old 09.09.2010, 04:41 PM   #77
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Why can't Brian Ferry adopt me?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 06:59 PM   #78
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not one to sing the praises of the English, but we are one of the least racist countries in the western world. Less racist than Americans for sure.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2010, 07:53 PM   #79
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I'm not one to sing the praises of the English, but we are one of the least racist countries in the western world. Less racist than Americans for sure.

But surely this is because of the large amount of different races that have consistently been coming here since the beginning.

Y'all damned sure were not treating yr Irish immigrants too well. Not sure what the current situation is on that....

Where there is a large cluster of folks from different backgrounds, there is always going to be racism A sad, sad fact, yes...but a fact none the less.
Old 09.10.2010, 01:12 AM   #80
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Morrisey is retarded. Not because of this. But because he's a vegetarian who throws hissy fits yet wears leather.

So, I don't eat humans but proudly wear their skins!

Actually I didn't know this fact about him, but that's pretty fucking funny if true. All said, that's why it comes down to just listening to the silly bastard croon into a microphone while overlooking any political, spiritual or religious views he (or any other performer) would be trying to convey. Everyone would be a lot less cynical then.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth