Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.18.2011, 03:32 PM   #261
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I think someone may have interpreted the press release wrong.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 04:16 PM   #262
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone going to kill themselves if they split up then?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 04:18 PM   #263
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Grab what you can. I got her pants

Old 10.18.2011, 05:17 PM   #264
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Grab what you can. I got her pants

I guess Steve Albini got to her panties before you could.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 05:55 PM   #265
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Having just watched the recent vid of Thurston and Rollins dishing about Rollins' new book (interesting in itself, check other thread), it is noteworthy to see that Thurston is acting like his usual jovial/inquisitive self, as we have come to know him through filmed inverviews at least. This leads me to believe that the recent anouncement about changes in relationship status is not due to a sudden catastrophic event, but has been a long time coming, he has adjusted already, and we are just now hearing about it. Dude did not seem devestated, in accute emotional pain, etc... not that it's any of our business.

We just got spoiled having SY rock our faces off to the greatest extent that is possible for thirty freaking years, and we don't want it to stop.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 07:11 PM   #266
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
I would like to go to those shows too. Pricey yes, but might be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
I am now seriously thinking about going to one of the South American shows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetmeknots
I'm going. Bought tix + airplane tix today (November 14th - it's in my country, though, but another state). Rationally, I could not have spent that money, but I would not forgive myself if I missed it.

I hope you fine cats have a great time... Me, I could attend the November 13th gig but I predict a double-awful context: first, it's one of those wretched dismal festivals with pathetic lineups and I guarantee you SY will not dig playing among such shit acts. Second, and worse, Kim and T will perform to a sea of goddamn mooks who'll spend an ungodly amount of time yelling at them not to get divorced. I wish I could go, abstract myself from the surrounding pestilence and just enjoy the show, but I'm afraid there are not enough drugs in the world to achieve such a lofty goal.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 07:55 PM   #267
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Anyone going to kill themselves if they split up then?

only hopefully you
Old 10.18.2011, 09:18 PM   #268
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric
It's entirely your subjective opinion if you think Nurse and Ripped were great albums, I thought they were pretty forgettable. Forgettable in the sense that I've listened to A Thousand Leaves a hundred times and I've listened to RR and Nurse maybe a dozen.

Geffen era isn't necessary my favorite. I love Sister and Daydream and to a slightly lesser extent Evol. The Geffen time is way too broad to just define as an era, there were 9 albums in those years. My favorite SY era is 1990-1995.

But how the fuck can the band play live and basically opt out of playing ANYTHING from 1990-2009 is beyond me, and that's what they did on much of the Eternal tour.

That's why I personally passed on seeing them live the last time they were here, I've seen SY 5 times, but I know when they are touring behind a new album they usually play 90% of that album. And maybe 4-5 other songs, including usually something from the super early SY/Confusion days which I don't really care about.

If SY was touring and playing a broad selection througout their career, I would find them a far far more compelling touring act.

They do the occasional show with a good varied selection (ie. the August show in NYC) but they have not done a show with the same kind of variety in my city in the 14 years I've been a fan of the band.

Yeah, they do tend to push the newest release when they're touring.

If my count is right, I've seen them 8 times. Only a few were not like this.

The Eternal tour was especially bad, mostly because the eternal material was so low in comparison to what they overlooked.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 01:31 PM   #269
Aaaadrpk
bad moon rising

Aaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's asses
I never come in here, but now I have my message...

I don't care about your personal lives just dont break up the band! Sure that the slip is sad but nobody can insert in your personal lives.

It's so sad talk about and listen Sonic Youth with ''the end'' possibility hovering around...I think most people confuse the word and meaning ''divorce'' with ''end of the band'' but still make me afraid with this bad possibility.

That's what the magazines talks and bullshit rumors that make me feel sick!! ridiculous speculations!!

HEY SONIC YOUTH PLEASE SAY SOMETHING FOR YOUR LOVERS AND TRUE FANS IS IT NOT TRUE? IS IT? NO!! PLEASE!

Say something before I and most people that loves you have a heart attack.

Não terminem a banda, por favor. Isso é muito triste, muito mesmo.

for real..
I.LOVE.YOU'TH.SONIC.GOLDEN.BLUE.

__________________________________________________ _________
and for the people that laught on this message. simple. >>>

Aaaadrpk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 01:46 PM   #270
forkimified
bad moon rising

forkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
For all we know they have been just friends and bandmates for years. No one can say with certainty what goes on between couples.

True.
forkimified is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 02:32 PM   #271
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaaadrpk
I never come in here, but now I have my message...

I don't care about your personal lives just dont break up the band! Sure that the slip is sad but nobody can insert in your personal lives.

It's so sad talk about and listen Sonic Youth with ''the end'' possibility hovering around...I think most people confuse the word and meaning ''divorce'' with ''end of the band'' but still make me afraid with this bad possibility.

That's what the magazines talks and bullshit rumors that make me feel sick!! ridiculous speculations!!

HEY SONIC YOUTH PLEASE SAY SOMETHING FOR YOUR LOVERS AND TRUE FANS IS IT NOT TRUE? IS IT? NO!! PLEASE!

Say something before I and most people that loves you have a heart attack.

Não terminem a banda, por favor. Isso é muito triste, muito mesmo.

for real..
I.LOVE.YOU'TH.SONIC.GOLDEN.BLUE.

__________________________________________________ _________
and for the people that laught on this message. simple. >>>

For fuck's sake, get a grip, get off the internet and go out for a walk or something.
Old 10.19.2011, 03:07 PM   #272
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
pLZ DONT BREAK UP A BAND WHO'S PEAK WAS IN THE 80s!!! NOOO!!!!!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 04:01 PM   #273
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ Thinking they peaked in the 80's is hilarious...

They've peaked every decade with multiple mind blowing albums!
Old 10.19.2011, 04:41 PM   #274
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

Quoted for truth.

They were the best band of three consecutive decades.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 05:01 PM   #275
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Theyve had 5 Sonic Peaks (depending on where you count your "eras", most of these come at the "End" of what i consider one particular era of the band)

Sonic Peak 1 - Bad Moon Rising. A high concept low culture Stooges tribute album

Sonic Peak 2 - Daydream Nation. It was annoying finding out what Teenage Riot was about, but somehow the subject matter made it more entertaining the more i thought about it

Sonic Peak 3 - Goo. Several trendy bastards wore the Tshirt. I didnt but i owned the mug, the poster and the fucking CD too. Cunts

Sonic Peak 4 - A Thousand Leaves. Like it was written in rehab, and asylum, a maternity ward, and an abandoned town in the middle of winter. Hoarfrost is the most beautiful song they have ever done, and one of the most beautiful ever done by anyone

Sonic Peak 5 - Murray Street/Sonic Nurse. Your city gets attacked, your country goes haywire, you are the elder statesmen of indie who saw yourselves through the Reagan years and commercial success unscathed. how do you respond? You make everyone think Murray Street is accessible (only if they never listen beyond song 1 and 2) then you do Nurse, with I love You Golden Blue, which is the second most beautiful song youve ever done.

Some nice peaks there

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 05:29 PM   #276
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

let's get real here. 'evol', 'sister' and 'daydream nation' are all perfect and forward thinking. their other material, while great, wasn't.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 06:05 PM   #277
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
True, but they still released quality records after that, so them breaking up is like losing a trusted friend. Yeah SY do a lot of things that annoy me on their albums, but at least they still had their moments and aside from a few records I can't stand from them, they were always an enjoyable listen. Doesn't matter if they'll ever "peak" again, I think, since people aren't listening to them thinking they'll top Sister or DDN or anything like that. They listen for the band releasing new music in general.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 06:28 PM   #278
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
only hopefully you

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 07:00 PM   #279
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
let's get real here. 'evol', 'sister' and 'daydream nation' are all perfect and forward thinking. their other material, while great, wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Theyve had 5 Sonic Peaks (depending on where you count your "eras", most of these come at the "End" of what i consider one particular era of the band)

Sonic Peak 1 - Bad Moon Rising. A high concept low culture Stooges tribute album

Sonic Peak 2 - Daydream Nation. It was annoying finding out what Teenage Riot was about, but somehow the subject matter made it more entertaining the more i thought about it

Sonic Peak 3 - Goo. Several trendy bastards wore the Tshirt. I didnt but i owned the mug, the poster and the fucking CD too. Cunts

Sonic Peak 4 - A Thousand Leaves. Like it was written in rehab, and asylum, a maternity ward, and an abandoned town in the middle of winter. Hoarfrost is the most beautiful song they have ever done, and one of the most beautiful ever done by anyone

Sonic Peak 5 - Murray Street/Sonic Nurse. Your city gets attacked, your country goes haywire, you are the elder statesmen of indie who saw yourselves through the Reagan years and commercial success unscathed. how do you respond? You make everyone think Murray Street is accessible (only if they never listen beyond song 1 and 2) then you do Nurse, with I love You Golden Blue, which is the second most beautiful song youve ever done.

Some nice peaks there

except replace BMR with EVOL.
Old 10.19.2011, 07:24 PM   #280
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
except replace BMR with EVOL.

Yeah, i just feel BMR encapsulates the early period best, whereas EVOL is the start of the sound that led them to Daydream Nation. I love Evol, first SY album i really loved actually, i just dont see it as being a "peak" in terms of how it fits in to their body of work

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
111213 14 15161724 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth