Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page August 2 Oakland, CA Fox Theatre poster
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.01.2009, 04:09 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses

Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
whoa!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 11:58 AM   #3
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe

I know that guy, he's a hell of a colonial lawyer.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 02:15 PM   #4
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
meh. This one doesn't really look good for me.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 02:26 PM   #5
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
nooooo! i'm going to this show and i most say that i hate awesome color, i saw them open for sy a few years ago in sacto, it was the most boring shit ever. mindless psych shit.

who else is going to this show?
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 02:44 PM   #6
jerf
children of satan

jerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's asses
ill be there. never heard of awesome color though.

the poster is cool. does anyone know if they sell them at the show, or where one might find one?
jerf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
I'm driving there from Sac. Can't wait! It'll be my third time seeing them. I haven't been to the Fox Theatre yet. I really hope I can meet them afterwards.

Oh yeah and I've seen Awesome Color open up for SY and Dino and both times they were pretty boring. I wonder why they didn't pick a new opening band for this leg of the tour.
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 03:17 PM   #8
jerf
children of satan

jerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollocks_to_Pop
I really hope I can meet them afterwards.

is there a trick to this? do they typically hang out afterwards and meet with fans or something? i would love to meet them after the show!
Old 08.01.2009, 04:18 PM   #9
Korona
empty page

Korona has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'm from Sac too and I'm going to the show tomorrow! Yeah, I saw Awesome Color in the summer of 2006. They were ok but I wish there was a different opening act this time. Back in 2006, SY came back in October and Erase Errata opened up for 'em. So maybe they'll come again this fall with a different opening band.

BTW, when do they do the sound check?
Korona is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 06:44 PM   #10
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerf
is there a trick to this? do they typically hang out afterwards and meet with fans or something? i would love to meet them after the show!

I don't really know how to pull this off. Like I've said I've never been to the Fox Theatre so I don't know what the premises are like. I'd imagine finding where they'd walk out of the building or where their bus is and see if they'd be willing to talk to you when they walk out or something like that is the way to go. I've talked to other bands, but usuaully ones who after their show walk around the audience area.
Old 08.01.2009, 07:11 PM   #11
jerf
children of satan

hm...i guess just circling around the venue like a vulture after the show and hope i get lucky.
Old 08.01.2009, 08:28 PM   #12
exploding plastic candle
children of satan

exploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard sucka
Go before the show too, 'round 6. That's when I'm meeting them (long story), you might have a chance. and if you can't, there's nothing wrong with some good 'ol camping outside until the doors open.
exploding plastic candle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 11:44 PM   #13
jerf
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by exploding plastic candle
Go before the show too, 'round 6. That's when I'm meeting them (long story), you might have a chance. and if you can't, there's nothing wrong with some good 'ol camping outside until the doors open.

thanks for the tip! youre meeting them? any room for 2 more?
Old 08.03.2009, 02:43 AM   #14
jazzcat
empty page

jazzcat has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Great show! The Sprawl -> Cross the Breeze was amazing for the last encore.

Does anyone know anything about the ruckus that happened during Malibu Gas Station? All I saw was the guy and his girlfriend push themselves aggressively towards the front and then a few minutes later they were being dragged kicking and screaming by a bunch of security. Anyone up at the front see anything?
jazzcat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2009, 02:55 AM   #15
jerf
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat
Does anyone know anything about the ruckus that happened during Malibu Gas Station? All I saw was the guy and his girlfriend push themselves aggressively towards the front and then a few minutes later they were being dragged kicking and screaming by a bunch of security. Anyone up at the front see anything?

YES!!! i was right there when it happened, but im not sure why. from what i could tell, he pushed his way to the front, and someone in the front started pushing back. they were swinging arms around, and then security came in to drag him off (quite literally, as he was in a headlock at this point).

they dragged him away, and literally 5 seconds after he was behind me, a whole crowd of people crashed into me. apparently this one dude shoved off the 3 or so security guards that had him. he was an arms length away at one point, i thought about cracking him upside the head for being such an asshole.

they eventually wrestled him to the ground way off to the left, and i stopped paying attention at that point. he was probably really drunk or something, just a belligerent asshole to ruin everyones good time. its because of him my poster got squashed flat.
Old 08.03.2009, 02:57 AM   #16
jerf
children of satan

ps.

just checked my poster, and im real excited to see its a hand numbered silkscreen, not just a print out. very fucking cool.
Old 08.03.2009, 03:38 AM   #17
jazzcat
empty page

jazzcat has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerf
YES!!! i was right there when it happened, but im not sure why. from what i could tell, he pushed his way to the front, and someone in the front started pushing back. they were swinging arms around, and then security came in to drag him off (quite literally, as he was in a headlock at this point).

they dragged him away, and literally 5 seconds after he was behind me, a whole crowd of people crashed into me. apparently this one dude shoved off the 3 or so security guards that had him. he was an arms length away at one point, i thought about cracking him upside the head for being such an asshole.

they eventually wrestled him to the ground way off to the left, and i stopped paying attention at that point. he was probably really drunk or something, just a belligerent asshole to ruin everyones good time. its because of him my poster got squashed flat.

Yea i was right there when they took him to the ground. I was one of the people that he pushed by to get to the front. I think this might be a great opportunity to say thanks to security for doing a good job. That dude was a complete asshole and he got exactly what was coming to him. It was mildly entertaining though I have to say.

The Fox has become one of my favorite venues in the bay area. Its beautiful, has great sound and very friendly staff.
jazzcat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2009, 05:43 AM   #18
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Just got home from the long drive beck to Sacramento. A really wonderful show overall. I particularlly thought Hey Joni was really well done and it was AMAZING to see Stereo Sanctity and Shadow of a Doubt. I waited an hour afterwards seeing if I could say hi to the band, and even though I did see Thurston, Steve and Lee and different times with the tech crew, they didn't come up to say hi. Oh well. I talked with some cool people there who were seeing if they could say hi to the band too.

Driving back I listened to EVOL and I have to say that it is the most amazing album to listen to driving alone in a car very late at night (especially if you're driving on a lonely two-lane road). A wonderful night overall. Does anyone know if this was taped? I'd sure love to get a copy if possible.
Old 08.03.2009, 01:00 PM   #19
jerf
children of satan

Quote:
The Fox has become one of my favorite venues in the bay area. Its beautiful, has great sound and very friendly staff.

this was my first time at the fox, and i loved it. the venue is really nice, and yeah, the staff was great. ive been to way too many shows with a bunch of facist guards and impatient employees.

Quote:
Driving back I listened to EVOL and I have to say that it is the most amazing album to listen to driving alone in a car very late at night (especially if you're driving on a lonely two-lane road). A wonderful night overall. Does anyone know if this was taped? I'd sure love to get a copy if possible.

i listened to the eternal on the drive home, and i pulled up right at the last 30 seconds of massage the history. the timing couldnt have been more perfect. i hope someone taped it too, i would love to have a copy of the show.
Old 08.03.2009, 01:48 PM   #20
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
http://216.70.73.169/gossip/showpost...&postcount=307
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth