Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Black Mountain
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2009, 10:31 AM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Any mention of them here yet? I know there isn't a thread for them...

Really cool stuff. I just got their self-titled album last night. I know that anytime you try and sum up a band in one sentence you end up leaving out key elements, but if I had to I would say they are like Can doing some funk with John Zorn? Maybe? I don't know. But it sounds good, doesn't it?
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2009, 12:01 PM   #2
dnorsen
bad moon rising

dnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's asses
black mountain ='s can doing funk with john zorn? is this a different black mountain than the british columbia band? they sound velvet underground meets black sabbath in my opinion ...
Old 04.02.2009, 12:10 PM   #3
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I just heard some crazy horns going on and some krautrock sounds and some funky beats.

I never said I was good at this.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2009, 02:42 PM   #4
dnorsen
bad moon rising

dnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's asses
ah right, right the first song on the s/t sounds like that. after that is vu heaven ... 2nd album is total sabbath prog vibe. totally worth a listen. i caught them at sxsw in 08 at sundown on the top of a building. it was beautiful to say the least ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I just heard some crazy horns going on and some krautrock sounds and some funky beats.

I never said I was good at this.
Old 05.23.2011, 12:51 PM   #5
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
I was listening to In the Future this morning and thought I'd see if there was a thread about them - I love that record so fucking much it defies description! Went and saw them right after the album came out and they were stellar, my wife and I agree it was one of the best shows we've ever been to! the new one KILLS too, I know it wasn't as highly regarded but I think it's exceptional! I'd love to figure out what amps/pedals that dude uses, his guitar tone is perfect.
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth